Coffee machine

Started by redzone, January 17, 2021, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Women at work got a pod coffee machine about 3 years ago. Don't think I've ever used it - don't see how those pods can be good for environment.

Prefer the coffee in coffee press actually. Love a café that does free filter coffee cup refills

square_ball

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 20, 2024, 03:18:54 PMWomen at work got a pod coffee machine about 3 years ago. Don't think I've ever used it - don't see how those pods can be good for environment.

Prefer the coffee in coffee press actually. Love a café that does free filter coffee cup refills

I know nespresso send you a bag to gather up the empty pods and they then collect them and I assume reuse them again. Doing their bit for the environment that way.

NotedObserver

I'm happy enough with Nescafé gold blend but can't stomach a lot of the travel cups. Can't smell the coffee and either the tin or plastic smell.

Any recommendations?

gallsman

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 20, 2024, 09:43:37 PMI'm happy enough with Nescafé gold blend but can't stomach a lot of the travel cups. Can't smell the coffee and either the tin or plastic smell.

Any recommendations?

Buy yourself a Chilly's mug.

I have the Barista Touch. Makes great espresso, although it's not the hottest coffee.

Last Man

We've settled on the Brazil Sans, i like to make it fairly strong then stretch it with a little hot water, topped off with a wee dab of double cream.

lurganblue

I've been using the delonghi dedica for about a year now. Cant fault it really. I'm not fussed on measuring out the coffee etc but I find that it makes a decent espresso.  Good enough for me anyway.  I thought I would have used the steam wand more when I was buying it but I tend to just stick with espressos or americanos.  Not that pricy and doesn't take up much counter space.

It can use ese pods too but I have never tried that.

Mad Mentor

I have the Delongi Magnifica S for over a year and I love it. I took the outer bit off the steam wand and it works much better. It's easy to clean and there is plenty of adjustment of grind, temperature, strength etc if you can be bothered. I use the Supervalu own brand Italian roast beans at €2.89 a bag and it's as good as anything I've tasted anywhere. Maybe I don't have a very sophisticated palate ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: Mad Mentor on February 13, 2024, 11:55:05 AMI have the Delongi Magnifica S for over a year and I love it. I took the outer bit off the steam wand and it works much better. It's easy to clean and there is plenty of adjustment of grind, temperature, strength etc if you can be bothered. I use the Supervalu own brand Italian roast beans at €2.89 a bag and it's as good as anything I've tasted anywhere. Maybe I don't have a very sophisticated palate ;D

a serious coffee machine with Supervalu coffee is like a Porsche on Triangle tyres  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

markl121

I got an aero press there over Christmas, great job, takes no time and easy clean up