Quote from: Mikhailov on October 25, 2021, 02:25:26 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on October 25, 2021, 01:20:26 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 24, 2021, 11:25:24 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on October 24, 2021, 10:13:06 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 24, 2021, 09:13:05 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on October 24, 2021, 07:27:02 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 24, 2021, 05:34:27 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 24, 2021, 04:54:05 PM
Thought Eannetta gave the Fianna a few soft frees towards the end there.

He gave Carmen two soft frees also but they missed them

Not at the game I was at??? Explain please.

Your no13 Daly had 2 free kicks in last 5 minutes and both never made it. The first one was dubious decision

The second one was a 45. But doubt let the truth get in way of your narrative

You're like a man that's gonna blame the referee for your defeat?

Although I do think the ref had an extremely poor game I don't think that's the reason we lost this game. Technically I think we got it all wrong. Why did it take us 20+ mins in the first half to push up on Coalisland and put their defence under pressure when they had the ball? When we did, we scored 4 points on the trot. In the second half we refused to kick the ball into our full forward line with the ball constantly going sidewards or backwards. Then with the game in the mix at the end with the ref giving handy scoreable frees to both teams we take our free taker off the field. Head scratching stuff. It was a game we should have won and hopefully our young players can learn and improve for next year.

Fair play, at least you are now admitting that the referee gave handy free kicks to both teams. I have no interest in either team but the game I was at was expertly 'game managed' by the Fianna. They slowed it down when needed, got the scores when needed but Carmen must regret not really pushing high up the pitch when Fianna had only 14 men. The fact Fianna our scored Carmen 4-1 in that 10 minute tells its own story.
Tradition can only get you so far, new eras come and new teams come - Errigal and Carmen are finding that out over the last few years. EC may well win it this year but the hype train would have you think they should win the World Cup, The Ashes, Ulster Club etc every year.
Think it will be EC v Trillick in the final.

The most frustrating thing about about it is that Coalisland played the exact same way in our League game against them.  So it should have been no surprise that they were no going to get plenty of bodies behind the ball.  It was also like we didn't take into account the wind and how we should play with it and against it.  All the good teams now have game plans in place for different scenarios throughout the game be it wind, playing against 14, playing with 14 men etc but we didn't.  It appears no variables where taken into account.

skeog

Hard to legislate for yesterdays conditions.Suited Coalisland better think Dominic could be available he was the last man to deliver the goods for Carmen.

The Golden Years

Quote from: skeog on October 25, 2021, 04:19:50 PM
Hard to legislate for yesterdays conditions.Suited Coalisland better think Dominic could be available he was the last man to deliver the goods for Carmen.

It's not really, it is October and the chances of Wind and Rain is high. Suited Coalisland better as we set back and let them have the ball when we were playing with the wind.

Roger Keenan was the last man in 2005.

rrhf

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 25, 2021, 04:59:08 PM

It's not really, it is October and the chances of Wind and Rain is high. Suited Coalisland better as we set back and let them have the ball when we were playing with the wind.

The big money must be on Dom Corrigan. Wants to get back into intercounty though. 

Localexpert

Your no13 Daly had 2 free kicks in last 5 minutes and both never made it. The first one was dubious decision

Although I do think the ref had an extremely poor game I don't think that's the reason we lost this game. Technically I think we got it all wrong. Why did it take us 20+ mins in the first half to push up on Coalisland and put their defence under pressure when they had the ball? When we did, we scored 4 points on the trot. In the second half we refused to kick the ball into our full forward line with the ball constantly going sidewards or backwards. Then with the game in the mix at the end with the ref giving handy scoreable frees to both teams we take our free taker off the field. Head scratching stuff. It was a game we should have won and hopefully our young players can learn and improve for next year.

Would agree with the majority of what you said bar carrickmore should have won.  Coalisland controlled the ball for 25mins of the first half and were by far the better team in the second half.

Maybe you meant could instead of should?

Moonshine

Did dom not do back to back with Carmen in 04,05 keenan might of been beat in final in 06.

Mikhailov

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 25, 2021, 04:11:40 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 25, 2021, 02:25:26 PM

Fair play, at least you are now admitting that the referee gave handy free kicks to both teams. I have no interest in either team but the game I was at was expertly 'game managed' by the Fianna. They slowed it down when needed, got the scores when needed but Carmen must regret not really pushing high up the pitch when Fianna had only 14 men. The fact Fianna our scored Carmen 4-1 in that 10 minute tells its own story.
Tradition can only get you so far, new eras come and new teams come - Errigal and Carmen are finding that out over the last few years. EC may well win it this year but the hype train would have you think they should win the World Cup, The Ashes, Ulster Club etc every year.
Think it will be EC v Trillick in the final.

The most frustrating thing about about it is that Coalisland played the exact same way in our League game against them.  So it should have been no surprise that they were no going to get plenty of bodies behind the ball.  It was also like we didn't take into account the wind and how we should play with it and against it.  All the good teams now have game plans in place for different scenarios throughout the game be it wind, playing against 14, playing with 14 men etc but we didn't.  It appears no variables where taken into account.

Fair play Golden Years - honest assessment.

Never Give Up

Don't get carried away. Not too many in the Errigal camp look beyond winning the O'Neill cup.

LeoMc

Quote from: Never Give Up on October 26, 2021, 01:25:55 AM

Don't get carried away. Not too many in the Errigal camp look beyond winning the O'Neill cup.
They would be better off not looking beyond the semifinal.

on the sideline

Junior Final fixed for 5.30pm on Sunday 7th November. Brutal time on a Sunday evening for a game - let alone a final!

Under Lights

Quote from: on the sideline on October 26, 2021, 10:34:17 AM
Junior Final fixed for 5.30pm on Sunday 7th November. Brutal time on a Sunday evening for a game - let alone a final!

Is it fixed for Omagh?
Terrible place for the junior final.
Carrickmore a great venue for the junior and intermediate final.

GlenMan

Quote from: Under Lights on October 26, 2021, 10:47:10 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on October 26, 2021, 10:34:17 AM

Is it fixed for Omagh?
Terrible place for the junior final.
Carrickmore a great venue for the junior and intermediate final.

Do the "small" teams not deserve their day out in the County ground?

Dark_Arts_Master

Quote from: Moonshine on October 25, 2021, 07:15:51 PM

Did dom not do back to back with Carmen in 04,05 keenan might of been beat in final in 06.

Corrigan was in charge for 04 before going to take Sligo Seniors in 2005.
Keenan took charge in 2005 before taking up High Performance Manager role with SINI which stopped him from taking management role for the following season.
Chris Brown in charge in 2006.

Carmen enjoyed a Manager Merry-go-round in them days

tiempo

Quote from: Dark_Arts_Master on October 26, 2021, 11:42:42 AM
Quote from: Moonshine on October 25, 2021, 07:15:51 PM

Corrigan was in charge for 04 before going to take Sligo Seniors in 2005.
Keenan took charge in 2005 before taking up High Performance Manager role with SINI which stopped him from taking management role for the following season.
Chris Brown in charge in 2006.

Carmen enjoyed a Manager Merry-go-round in them days

Won an Ulster title with them too in 06, unprecedented times