Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

what app do you generally use to watch the Movies and Boxsets etc

Boycey

Quote from: Megaman on December 07, 2016, 07:45:50 AM

on the zGemma I generally use yify or watchseries, the beauty of it is that the Iptv player plugin updates almost every time you turn it on so it only contains working apps.

If I'm on my android box it's still good old Exodus..

laoislad

Hard to beat Exodus on Kodi.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Exodus when on KODI. Movie HD is very good too. As Boycey says, the IPTV plugin is brilliant as nearly everything is working as it's constantly updated.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Boycey on December 07, 2016, 08:23:39 AM

on the zGemma I generally use yify or watchseries, the beauty of it is that the Iptv player plugin updates almost every time you turn it on so it only contains working apps.

Boycey, I never installed IPTV player plugin on my zGemma as I have Kodi on a Firestock.  Is there any reason why I should use the IPTV player plugin instead of Exodus on Kodi?

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 07, 2016, 01:18:45 PM

Boycey, I never installed IPTV player plugin on my zGemma as I have Kodi on a Firestock.  Is there any reason why I should use the IPTV player plugin instead of Exodus on Kodi?

No reason other than handiness... I have zGemma on main tv and an android box on second tv in kitchen (where I'm usually banished to), using the zGemma for movies/boxsets just saves me from having to move android box the odd time I'm allowed into the "good room" :). However I do remember the firestick being prone to buffer/run out of cache this doesn't happen on zgemma which has much more processing power..

I'd say you already have the IPTV plugin installed if you used that wooshbuild we talked about before as it comes as part of set-up. Check your plugins, there is nothing to do other than run it.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Boycey on December 07, 2016, 02:22:23 PM

No reason other than handiness... I have zGemma on main tv and an android box on second tv in kitchen (where I'm usually banished to), using the zGemma for movies/boxsets just saves me from having to move android box the odd time I'm allowed into the "good room" :). However I do remember the firestick being prone to buffer/run out of cache this doesn't happen on zgemma which has much more processing power..

I'd say you already have the IPTV plugin installed if you used that wooshbuild we talked about before as it comes as part of set-up. Check your plugins, there is nothing to do other than run it.

Cheers Boycey.

So you run it from the green plug ins button each time?  Once in IPTV do you need to click on anything to find sources or do you literally just search?

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 07, 2016, 04:51:51 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 07, 2016, 02:22:23 PM

Cheers Boycey.

So you run it from the green plug ins button each time?  Once in IPTV do you need to click on anything to find sources or do you literally just search?

That's how I'm going into it anyhow as I've not come across another way yet..

It'll ask you to update and will restart the box. You definitely will need to update it as you've never used it before, I sometimes ignore the update as I'll have used it fairly recently. Once updated you will be in a directory of working IPTV apps so search and browse to your hearts content. I tend to use yify because I'd heard of it and watchseries because it sounds like a good place to find series :) but as far as I know they all work. Once your in it its pretty much like using kodi.

pullhard

Got one of these android boxes, set it up with Kodi and Exodus, noticed the audio is very slightly behind the video, doing by head in any ideas of fixes?

Also is there decent plugin or app for sports? tried Mobdro but the links all seem down or its awful quality

gallsman

Quote from: pullhard on December 19, 2016, 09:40:44 PM
Got one of these android boxes, set it up with Kodi and Exodus, noticed the audio is very slightly behind the video, doing by head in any ideas of fixes?

Also is there decent plugin or app for sports? tried Mobdro but the links all seem down or its awful quality

If you're prepared to pay, Sportsmania.

Boycey

When playing a movie click ok, you should see a range of options. Click the the volume/speaker icon and a menu opens, scroll to audio offset, click and choose synchronise..

Another vote for Sportsmania, worth every penny.

lurganblue

Sports Mania for me too. I had previously tried Overlord TV for sport but SM is a class above that.  I think it was 17 quid for 3 months. Sure their coverage of the PPV boxing was almost worth that alone. I do mostly strugge to get the HD streams to work and almost always have to use SD. Not a big issue.

I used to put builds on the kodi app such as The Beast but now i have no need.  All i have on it is Exodus an Sports Mania.

take_yer_points

Quote from: lurganblue on December 20, 2016, 12:45:59 PM
Sports Mania for me too. I had previously tried Overlord TV for sport but SM is a class above that.  I think it was 17 quid for 3 months. Sure their coverage of the PPV boxing was almost worth that alone. I do mostly strugge to get the HD streams to work and almost always have to use SD. Not a big issue.

I used to put builds on the kodi app such as The Beast but now i have no need.  All i have on it is Exodus an Sports Mania.

If you have a sportsmania subscriptions can you use it on a firestick and a phone? Or are you restricted to one device

Boycey

You can put it on as many devices as you like, even watch it through a browser. You are limited to using it only on one device at a time though.

Lurganblue - I've no bother with HD maybe ur internet speed not good enough.

laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on December 20, 2016, 12:45:59 PM

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
No problem with HD on mine with a wired connection. I have 300mbps with Virgin though so it would want to be OK!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.