Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

QuoteA lot of the live channels are looking to use IPTVStalker which is no longer free, anyone got a good free suggestion or is their a good reliable source thats worth paying for?
[/b]

Yes.  Sky is very reliable!

nrico2006

I have an android phone - anyone have any straight forward guides on how to set up the beast?  Can you watch sky sports and sky sports box office on it?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

https://spartanpixel.net/Kodi/thebeast/

Download repo version.  I was running sky sports on it yesterday across 3g no probs.  There's Phoenix,  sports devil and the like.  Others with live sports directories.  Box office,  are you thinking of the boxing?  Must have a look through it but there will be loads of decent links to it I'm sure

JoG2

PS,  the repo download is fairly big.  Download,  run through the install (will ask you to tick the box to allow 3rd party / non trusted apps).  Install,  it will auto update any addons that need updated.  After that you are good to go.  The shortcut on your phone for the beast will be the standard blue and white 'kodi'  icon.  Click it,  then video / addons.  All add ons listed in alphabetical order

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on November 12, 2015, 09:29:11 AM

Download repo version.  I was running sky sports on it yesterday across 3g no probs.  There's Phoenix,  sports devil and the like.  Others with live sports directories.  Box office,  are you thinking of the boxing?  Must have a look through it but there will be loads of decent links to it I'm sure

Thanks.  Aye, over the years I have always ended up paying for boxing and I want to be prepared for the Fury fight instead of scrambling about looking for a decent link at the last minute.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heffo

Forgive the stupid question but how are you using Box office, which app?

JoG2

Quote from: heffo on November 12, 2015, 12:46:22 PM

I've never watched box office per se, but you'll get the content of box office through live links on sports add ons. As I said above Heffo, there are quite a few apps on the Beast, I'll have a bit of a nosey this evening to see if Box Office is listed on any app with the other Sky Sports channels. These freebie apps and links are never 100% though and can be frustrating.

heffo

Quote from: JoG2 on November 12, 2015, 01:53:56 PM

I've never watched box office per se, but you'll get the content of box office through live links on sports add ons. As I said above Heffo, there are quite a few apps on the Beast, I'll have a bit of a nosey this evening to see if Box Office is listed on any app with the other Sky Sports channels. These freebie apps and links are never 100% though and can be frustrating.

Cheers - have any feedback on any paid Sports service - Sportsmania etc?

Norf Tyrone

Folks- Clueless at this stuff but I see an Amazon Firestick with Kodi preloaded that self updates for £64 on ebay, Is that good, bad etc? Looking something with no hassle!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 14, 2015, 10:34:54 AM
Folks- Clueless at this stuff but I see an Amazon Firestick with Kodi preloaded that self updates for £64 on ebay, Is that good, bad etc? Looking something with no hassle!

Fire up a link to it please

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on November 14, 2015, 10:44:48 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221780351303
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 14, 2015, 12:08:40 PM
Quote from: Boycey on November 14, 2015, 10:44:48 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221780351303

The Firestick retails at £35 so I suppose £65 isn't too bad for something that comes "fully loaded" if you think you're not good at that kind of thing. However my experience would be that eventually you will have to perform some kind of maintenance/updating to it yourself. Its just a fact of life with kodi that stuff disappears/reappears/stops updating over time, with that in mind a little bit of knowledge early on will go a long way.

Flick back through the thread I think there are links to guides for installing Kodi to a stick and then install "The Beast" build on it. If not I can point you to a couple of easy guides on Youtube

straightred

Quote from: heffo on November 12, 2015, 02:32:25 PM

I use sportsmania and love it. have it on kodi when i'm at home and on the laptop when i'm on the move. The big thing it has over the others is that it works pretty much first time every time - I get a bit fed up chasing free streams after a while

heffo

Quote from: straightred on November 14, 2015, 04:53:33 PM
Quote from: heffo on November 12, 2015, 02:32:25 PM

I use sportsmania and love it. have it on kodi when i'm at home and on the laptop when i'm on the move. The big thing it has over the others is that it works pretty much first time every time - I get a bit fed up chasing free streams after a while

Cheers, are the streams HD or it depends?

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on November 12, 2015, 09:31:59 AM
PS,  the repo download is fairly big.  Download,  run through the install (will ask you to tick the box to allow 3rd party / non trusted apps).  Install,  it will auto update any addons that need updated.  After that you are good to go.  The shortcut on your phone for the beast will be the standard blue and white 'kodi'  icon.  Click it,  then video / addons.  All add ons listed in alphabetical order
Tried installing this but getting 'App Not Installed' message as soon as I try to install the download - any ideas?