Beam Vaccum System

Started by Karl Kennedy, November 18, 2017, 09:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Kennedy

Is there anyone on here have the Beam Vacuum system installed in their homes? Is it reliable?
Got quote other day for nearly £1500 for the installation of the power unit and tools.
The ducting is already fitted in the house.

rrhf

Good job. There are other providers but they a great
Product.

Itchy

What happens if you suck something up and it blocks a pipe. Factory I used to work in had such a system, stopped using it and bought "Henry " vacuum cleaners instead. I don't see the point in them.

Hereiam

An ole Henry only £99. U have too much money sir

balladmaker

Yes, have a Beam system fitted.  I was dubious before going for it but glad I did.  Powerful system, much more powerful than any standard vacuum I've seen.  Have been using it for 5 years and have had no issues with it. 

Owen Brannigan

Any issues about it becoming a way in for mice, etc?

laoislad

Have wired a few of these systems. Wasn't impressed with any of them that I have seen working.
Better off with your Henry or similar as mentioned above imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

10 years on the go and no bother with the main system. Have had to replace the hose due to the small button getting broken but all in all a good job. I can't say it's worth the money though as a small vacuum cleaner like the aforementioned Henry would do the same job for a fraction of the price.

brokencrossbar1

My dad, lord rest him , died 19 years ago. He bought a Henry just before he went into the hospital. No doubt it was probably about £60 back then. Henry still motoring with just 2 changes of hose for small money. £1500 for a hoover system....away and catch yourself on.

johnneycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2017, 08:48:42 AM
My dad, lord rest him , does 19 years ago. He bought a Henry just before he went into the hospital. No doubt it was probably about £60 back then. Henry still motoring with just 2 changes of hose for small money. £1500 for a hoover system....away and catch yourself on.

I've the Beam system and it's the dogs danglies, didn't pay £1500 for it though. 10 years I've had it and no real bother.
Get the dustpan attachment which fits into the kitchen kickboard.
As for stuff blocking it, narrowest part of the system is the feed from the hoover head. If it gets past that then it will make its way to the main system, no issues.

Henry's are good too.

Owen Brannigan

Just bought a Dyson cordless. Great cleaning and no lugging a hose and cleaner around the house and up and down 4 flights of stairs. Particularly handy on the stairs. Can do whole house on one charge including tiles and wooden floors. Not as dear as a Beam but much dearer than Henry.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: johnneycool on November 19, 2017, 09:25:20 AM
My dad, lord rest him , does 19 years ago. He bought a Henry just before he went into the hospital. No doubt it was probably about £60 back then. Henry still motoring with just 2 changes of hose for small money. £1500 for a hoover system....away and catch yourself on.

I've the Beam system and it's the dogs danglies, didn't pay £1500 for it though. 10 years I've had it and no real bother.
As for stuff blocking it, narrowest part of the system is the feed from the hoover head. If it gets past that then it will make its way to the main system, no issues.

Henry's are good too.

I have no doubt that it is the canine cahones but the thing is if Karl is paying £1500 for it now thatbto me is excessive. It's his money and he can do as he will but on a pure logical sense I don't understand it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 19, 2017, 09:34:24 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 19, 2017, 09:25:20 AM

Henry's are good too.

I have no doubt that it is the canine cahones but the thing is if Karl is paying £1500 for it now thatbto me is excessive. It's his money and he can do as he will but on a pure logical sense I don't understand it.
Would agree. Spend 100 on Henry and 1400 quid on the hip sounds like a good deal to me.

Karl Kennedy

I definitely can't justify spending the £1500 quoted as I knew it was too expensive but was wondering did anyone else have it installed at this price. I will get the output covers for the wall and fit them and that will take bad look of the walls.

Surely the whole system doesn't cost that amount. Would £500 jot be a more realistic price and then possibly £100 for labour to install it.

armaghniac

Buy a Henry and use  the other £1400 to hire a cleaner to operate it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B