Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Sallylalala on November 16, 2010, 10:00:52 AM
Quote from: BerfArmagh on November 04, 2010, 12:37:26 PM
Mary Byrne & the young lad from west meath were wearing them on the xfactor. Shame on them

Mary Byrne has NEVER worn a poppy on the X Factor, check back her You Tube videos, she's never, ever worn one.  I've noticed that every week.  Louis Walsh certainly does, I don't know about the lad from West Meath. 

But Mary has definitely not worn one.

Razor sharp.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 16, 2010, 05:51:03 PM
Whilst I cite four specific, independent, authoritative links (post #299) to support my thesis.

You know, with the price of metals these days, you could melt down that brass neck of yours and pay off a sizeable chunk of the Potato Republic's Celtic Tiger's debt... :D

four quotes - the taxation one irrelevent as it doesnt cover the joint IDA ni group initiative, the one about having a large workforce to tap into is laughable- esp in the face of dismal responses to advertised top notch ICT jobs

as ever your replies  are long but have no reality or fact in them !

I am laughing at your obv hatred of the 'Celtic tiger' and them horrible southerners having good jobs and money etc !! :D

Banana Man

Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 05:20:25 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 03:31:52 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 02:39:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: ludermor on November 16, 2010, 02:03:37 PM
This thread is a classic, cant believe i stayed away from it thinking it would be full of the usual politic bollix!

Hardly, is it not just rehashing the same old bollix from this time every year? Just this year we have a few new wannabes that are trying out do each other with their Republican credentials  :P

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14261.0

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9970.0

another valuable contribution there bigfella  ::)

As valuable as yours but then again I'm not deluding myself that I have anything new to bring to the table.

that's a positive development, at least you know you are talking shite

Talking shite by openly admitting I have nothing new to contribute to the topic and pointing out that this has been discussed in depth in 2 other threads  ::) ::)

Keyboard Republicans, gotta love em :D  What day do you sign on or you too proud to take money from the Brits while you trying to unite Ireland on the GAABoard?

no bigfella i'm to busy paying tax to the Brits to fund the dolites that you seem to know a bit about

Obviously not too busy based on the amount of shite you posted debating by yourself on here today. Civil service I assume?

Anyway how you gonna free Ireland by paying tax which goes to the funding of the British war machine? At least if your on the dole you would be diverting resources away from them  ;)

By the way it's "too busy" and not "to busy". Typo?  :P

No Skull not a typo, I out the wrong 'to' in, unlike you i admit when i get something wrong.

I repeat, i mentioned physically as you have to physically watch TV or phone in a vote, you said the media made them do it. So i would like you to explain how it is possible to vote or watch the programme without physically doing it. I wait with anticipation how much shite you write to get out of this

Maguire01

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 08:28:19 PM
This thread is a classic, cant believe i stayed away from it thinking it would be full of the usual politic bollix!

Hardly, is it not just rehashing the same old bollix from this time every year? Just this year we have a few new wannabes that are trying out do each other with their Republican credentials  :P

As valuable as yours but then again I'm not deluding myself that I have anything new to bring to the table.

Talking shite by openly admitting I have nothing new to contribute to the topic and pointing out that this has been discussed in depth in 2 other threads  ::) ::)

Keyboard Republicans, gotta love em :D  What day do you sign on or you too proud to take money from the Brits while you trying to unite Ireland on the GAABoard?

no bigfella i'm to busy paying tax to the Brits to fund the dolites that you seem to know a bit about

Obviously not too busy based on the amount of shite you posted debating by yourself on here today. Civil service I assume?

Anyway how you gonna free Ireland by paying tax which goes to the funding of the British war machine? At least if your on the dole you would be diverting resources away from them  ;)

No Skull not a typo, I out the wrong 'to' in, unlike you i admit when i get something wrong.

I repeat, i mentioned physically as you have to physically watch TV or phone in a vote, you said the media made them do it. So i would like you to explain how it is possible to vote or watch the programme without physically doing it. I wait with anticipation how much shite you write to get out of this
Was that a typo?
:P

Banana Man

Quote from: gallsman on November 16, 2010, 05:25:51 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 05:17:01 PM
you identified the words snob and evidence yes but you still haven't shown the connection to me.

keyboard republicans eh, I am assuming you label every republican as a physical force one, in fact I'm certain of it as you can't differentiate between terms as stated earlier. This island as you put it has moved on, we follow a democratic path and I exercise my right to vote which is true to my beliefs so in that sense i am very active.

It's quite amusing also how you latch onto anyone else who posts something in mine or Nally's direction, hoping to try and drive the boot in as you aren't capable for a toe to toe debate on your own. To use one of your phrases - pathetic.

You assume wrong.

I do what exactly? Another poster used a phrase that I felt summed up my opinion of you and your colleague.

in other words you don't possess the necessary skills to fully articulate your point using your own limited vocabulary. Cute.

As for the colleague point i don't know nally or work with him so i would like you to explain that point (if you understand what i am asking)

your right though i shouldn't have assumed that, you couldn't tell the difference between physical force and constitutional

Banana Man

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 16, 2010, 08:31:19 PM

Was that a typo?

good catch maguire  :)

Maguire01

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 08:31:46 PM
you identified the words snob and evidence yes but you still haven't shown the connection to me.

keyboard republicans eh, I am assuming you label every republican as a physical force one, in fact I'm certain of it as you can't differentiate between terms as stated earlier. This island as you put it has moved on, we follow a democratic path and I exercise my right to vote which is true to my beliefs so in that sense i am very active.

It's quite amusing also how you latch onto anyone else who posts something in mine or Nally's direction, hoping to try and drive the boot in as you aren't capable for a toe to toe debate on your own. To use one of your phrases - pathetic.

You assume wrong.

I do what exactly? Another poster used a phrase that I felt summed up my opinion of you and your colleague.

in other words you don't possess the necessary skills to fully articulate your point using your own limited vocabulary. Cute.

As for the colleague point i don't know nally or work with him so i would like you to explain that point (if you understand what i am asking)

your right though i shouldn't have assumed that, you couldn't tell the difference between physical force and constitutional
And that one?
I'll stop now!

Banana Man

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 16, 2010, 08:38:55 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 08:31:46 PM

You assume wrong.

And that one?
I'll stop now!

now you are being pedantic  :D

Milltown Row2

Great topic for debate Orior :-)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2010, 09:01:00 PM

Will someone please think of the children.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2010, 09:01:00 PM
Ha ha was thinking that myself! It could go on until next November.

Nally Stand

Gallsman, i see you are now into ridiculing those who dare to have a republican outlook on a message board. Is that the new level to stoop to? Well going by your profile, you have put up more posts than I have, and post per day average is higher than mine, what does that make you, if I'm a "keyboard republican"?

A keyboard post-nationalist?

Or is they "keyboard" prefix only necessary when attempting to ridicule people for not having similar political opinions to yours? Bit snobby that.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

theskull1

Talking to the wrong person about typos btw

Do a wee google search on "manufactured consent" and see just how much shite has been written about it. I hope the wait was worth it and look forward to any conclusions you draw. Seriously exposing your naivety here BM.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Banana Man

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2010, 10:44:32 PM

Talking to the wrong person about typos btw

Do a wee google search on "manufactured consent" and see just how much shite has been written about it. I hope the wait was worth it and look forward to any conclusions you draw. Seriously exposing your naivety here BM.

right so you are choosing to ignore my point and want me to go and research your argument, your good craic  ::)

btw i was just thinking, how would you even know i posted on the x factor thread when it such a shite and manufactured project, surely you couldn't bring yourself to even look at the thread. A better question is why where you monitoring what other people were writing about. Talk about double standards.

hows that singing coming along anyway? you going to go for it again next year? Or is it still to raw, I would vote for you but I would have to physically lift my arm to do that an I don't think the media has a big enough control over me yet  :D