Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

the biggest gripe i have with the poppy wearing is the length of time it goes on. It started on 22nd Oct this year, and will finish on 14th Nov, 3 1/2 weeks, why ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Colin Farrell  the great Dub is wearing one on Graham Norton show tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

armagho9

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2010, 10:54:14 PM

Complete Bell End anyway

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2010, 10:54:14 PM
Harry Potter singing the elements of the Periodic Table should go on the WTF thread! G33k!

Hoof Hearted

Mark Sidebottom not wearing one tonight either on BBC Sport Final Score. surprised. Have BBC relaxed their rules or is he rebelling

Rossfan

Didnt see any on the UTV people this evening on their local News either.
Commonsense breaking out ?
Mind you them Allister neanderthals at their annual "conference" were daubed with them from head to toe. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seanmacdiarmada

I dont watch the programme but the wife has told me that Malachi Cush was not wearing one on UTV but his partner was...good man Malachi.. ;D

Maguire01

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 13, 2010, 09:02:40 PM
Mark Sidebottom not wearing one tonight either on BBC Sport Final Score. surprised. Have BBC relaxed their rules or is he rebelling

Quote from: Rossfan on November 13, 2010, 09:09:17 PM

Maybe it's just because it's after the 11th?

deiseach

Fixed that for everyone

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 13, 2010, 09:26:16 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 13, 2010, 09:02:40 PM

Quote from: Rossfan on November 13, 2010, 09:09:17 PM

Maybe it's just because it's after the 11th?

no, he wasn't wearing one 2 weeks ago either. Not sure about last week as i didnt see it. I thought that myself Maguire that the 11th was the cut-off date but apparently it's Rememberence Sunday tomorrow so come Monday it will be Poppy free.

deiseach

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 12, 2010, 03:18:15 AM
So I gave $5 for a poppy today. I didn't take one - am I still ok to post here/still an Irish man???

I attend a Remembrance Sunday service every year (although not tomorrow; I have a christening to attend where I'm expected to do something). The Irish version is diminished by the absence of Jerusalem, which is ace. I will cut up my passport.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 12, 2010, 03:18:15 AM
So I gave $5 for a poppy today. I didn't take one - am I still ok to post here/still an Irish man???
I dont think Canadian forces killed too many in Ireland so I'd say you're alright.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on November 08, 2010, 11:28:44 PM
Lads, I was feeling hungry last night and was too tired to cook something. I ordered in a chippy. The guy that delivered it, was wearing a Poppy. Just want to double check here first. Should I be aggrieved by this, or is it ok to let this one slide?
I know you like to sit on the fence but has it got that bad that you can't make up your own mind on something like this?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

Did some bucko state MUFC were the only EPL team that wouldn't be tooling up this weekend? Lies.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 13, 2010, 10:29:20 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 08, 2010, 11:28:44 PM
Lads, I was feeling hungry last night and was too tired to cook something. I ordered in a chippy. The guy that delivered it, was wearing a Poppy. Just want to double check here first. Should I be aggrieved by this, or is it ok to let this one slide?
I know you like to sit on the fence but has it got that bad that you can't make up your own mind on something like this?
He is actually mocking people that get upset at the merest sight of a poppy.