The best score YOU ever scored

Started by Zulu, January 26, 2008, 12:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

in primary school as a 10yo high ball came in about 30 yards out, i stayed knowing the ball would bounce over the full back who went to it--ran onto bal 25 yards out with only the keeper to beat--(no better feeling in the world is there?!) keeper came flying out i toe-tapped it over keeper's head the fisted it in to empty net as it came down--have never 4got it and still tell the keeper about it who ended up going to my secondary school!

one more--championship debut for club-- ball came out to me 20 yards out out after being crashed against bar by a teammate--i wa running towards goal fast, collected ball--full-back and keeper in front of me--went to blast it--full back and keeper dived to block it-both landed on their holes as i toe tapped it back into my hand--calmly stroked it into net in the summer sun

wouldnt it be great if life was like that every day
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bennydorano

funny as a football nazi my best memory is in hurling for st pats armagh v st michaels enniskillen, neither hurling srongholds, but in the first half(as CHB) I would have embarassed a munster man, cheeky bastard manger said he wished he'd never took me off at HT.

parttimeexile

The best score I ever got was a free kick from about 45 Yards out in an U16 match.It was a draw at the time and the referee came over and said it was the last kick of the game. Put it over the black spot. It was some feeling.

Billys Boots

My first game for the parish - 8 yrs old, making up the numbers on an U14 team playing the swamp critters.  We got hammered, and I got our only score, a fisted goal - I got ate by our midfielder, whose 'shot' I had helped into the net; he claimed it would have been a 'good goal' if I hadn't 'got in the way'.  When I started playing in earnest, I was the keeper, though I reckon I got a couple more scores over the years (though it might have been in me dreams).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

1999 v Ballina, not known for my scoring I burst past a few Mayo stragglers and knocked it over from 35 yards out on the Cusack Stand side.  Easy enough for a normal player, legendary for me.  Helped kick start a poor display into a winning one.

2000, Parnell Park.  Long ball from midfield, John Mac I thinkkeeper and FB heitated,i didn't punched ball into the Ucc net while the two gombeens ran into each other.

CC1

Best score I ever got was in a Junior B game. I got the ball on the left hand side at the very sideline on the 13 yard line, hit the ball with the outside of my left boot. One of the lads shouted at me as if to say I had fucked it up (the ball looked to be going ten yards wide) and that I should have passed to him. The ball curled all the way in and I pointed at the umpire, he turned around in disbelief and said "good point man!".  :D

Scored one at u12 level from a free at midfield against Killygarry. Wind was blowing right across the pitch so I had to take it into account too. Ball started out 10 yards wide of the left post and ended up going over the black spot. We beat them by nine points that day, I scored 2-1 and had a goal disallowed for heading the ball into the net (still not sure why that didn't count!)

Best goal I ever scored was against Paul O'Dowd (Ulster medal winning keeper in 97) from 25 yards out with the outside of my left boot. The ball dipped and swerved right into the top corner. All he could do was look at it and wave bye bye! He turned around to me and said "holy fcuk"! Take that PODman! :D (all be it that this was in training).
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Juice - I thought you played for the Vincents?

Maximus Marillius

Best score I had was with a wench in Antrim one night...well if truth be told it was that good I went back for five more nights before she figured that i had only dirty thoughts in my head with no long term plan :D :D :D :D :-*

stpauls

been a 'keeper all my footballing life so i have no memorable scores to my name!  :'(

Captain Scarlet

jaysus Juice there was some loose defending their! ya had three men inside ya ;)

in football mine was in an U16 match eight years ago, nice connection to the roof of the net. great move all the way up the field after keeper collected a kick that fell short. the manager (an ex Kildare legend) was raving about it.

in hurling (and im not a hurler!) i scored a humdinger off the sod in a schools match v roscommon cbs. the ball broke to me about 21 yards out and i just let rip. it had a little curl on it right into the top corner. delighted with myself.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gabriel_Hurl

Not many memorable ones – although there is one I scored back in 2005 that I remember well.

Injury time of the game – Toronto league semi-final, up by a point, got the ball at about midfield on the right wing.
Half back was over-lapping me – busting a gut down the wing, calling for it – but he couldn't shoot for shit.
Got to the 40 and thought – have a go – if it goes dead – the game will be over. If it goes over – all the better.
Hit her a belt – and from the minute it left the laces I knew it was going over – got clattered as I hit it – then I heard the crowd cheer – I knew it was over.

vengaboy

Best point I ever got was this year in the league, a match near the end to keep us going for promotion.  I was completely steamin the night before and arrived late for the match so didn't start.  Second half we are a point down I come on as a sub, corner forward picks up the ball on the right sideline on the 13, throws it back to me, I cant be bothered doing anything else so I have a lash at it, clips the inside of the near post and goes over, magic.

stew

I scored two points as a sub in the County Junior final, I was injured but managed to score a  decent point with the right boot from 40 yards out and then about thirty seconds later I hit the point of my life with the outside of the left boot from 25 yards from a really I was carrying an injury on that spot from the drawn game and that was that. I was on the field for about six minutes and that was my last ever game of gaelic football, we lost by a couple of points. :'(

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

Quote from: Hardy on January 28, 2008, 11:08:54 AM
Juice - I thought you played for the Vincents?

i always will be at heart, but im living over in England at the minute, so Im playing with Roger Casements.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016