Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

yellowcard

Dublin look like a spent force to me. They've won it all and are still soldiering with a lot of the same players so you can only assume that there is very little coming through.

Sportacus

Boring.  Derry won the ball back on about ten minutes and Dublin were committed up the field.  Conor Glass turned and passed it back, slowed it down deliberately.  Over coached.  Will never get past an All Ireland semifinal.

anportmorforjfc

Watching the game as an Armagh fan, this game is quite enjoyable  :D good to see some long range points. Something I haven't seen all year.

Blowitupref

Dublin 0-4 Derry 0-6 half time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

Quote from: Sportacus on April 02, 2023, 02:24:27 PM
Boring.  Derry won the ball back on about ten minutes and Dublin were committed up the field.  Conor Glass turned and passed it back, slowed it down deliberately.  Over coached.  Will never get past an All Ireland semifinal.

Have you never watched Derry before?? This isn't new!

screenexile

I think Derry have been quite poor so far. Some stupid passes into the forward line that were never on and that over kicked hand toe from Glass (I still have nightmares about this from Galway match) almost cost us another goal.

Dublin have been bang average and are 100% there for the taking but the game overall has been quite poor I'd say.

Shane McGuigan has been excellent so far.

Brick Tamlin

Gallagher-ball is brutal to watch.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on April 02, 2023, 02:19:15 PM
Dublin look like a spent force to me. They've won it all and are still soldiering with a lot of the same players so you can only assume that there is very little coming through.

Dessie Farrell managed their underage teams but doesn't seem to keen in bringing many new players through. Come championship he'll probably have Costello,McCaffrey,Mannion,Cluxton,Horward starting.

GalwayBayBoy

Been a few goal chances alright but fairly wild finishing. Either blasted over the bar or straight at the keeper.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 02, 2023, 02:31:15 PM
Whatever Dublin are playing is no better

Hound

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 02, 2023, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 02, 2023, 02:19:15 PM

Dessie Farrell managed their underage teams but doesn't seem to keen in bringing many new players through. Come championship he'll probably have Costello,McCaffrey,Mannion,Cluxton,Horward starting.
You can't magic players out of thin air. The ones on the panel are the best available.

We expect to get a fair few of the current u20s in the senior team in the next couple of years. We haven't been able to say that about an U20/U21 team in a long time (including the team who got to a final a few years ago)

thebuzz

Lots of mistakes on both sides. Derry going for goals when they should just be taking their points.

Hound

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 02, 2023, 02:34:24 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 02, 2023, 02:31:15 PM
Whatever Dublin are playing is no better
Don't think that's true. Dubs are playing decent positive football. But shooting has been atrocious, so Derry deserve their 2 point lead.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Sportacus on April 02, 2023, 02:24:27 PM

Slabber