Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Yeah they seemed to want to play like the county sides - a lot of slowing the ball down, trying to be patient. It didn't work at all. Omagh went at them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

I was at a few group games, every team playing the same awful type of shite that HTC were at today, hard to watch.

square_ball

The amount of times HTC stood still soloing the ball and doing nothing with it was crazy. The only time they played with a bit of pace they got the goal from it. McKeever, McGeary & Canavan had them very poorly set up. At the same time Omagh had much the better players all over the pitch so maybe there wasn't much they could do.

OrchardOrange

It's a disgrace that 2 Tyrone schools contest the final. What's worse 3 Tyrone teams in the semis.  Favoritism the likes of I've never seen.  >:(Next we'll hear is that Errigal Ciaran get a bye to the final and not a grammar school within 15 miles of it!!

delgany

Quote from: OrchardOrange on February 12, 2023, 11:09:16 PM
It's a disgrace that 2 Tyrone schools contest the final. What's worse 3 Tyrone teams in the semis.  Favoritism the likes of I've never seen.  >:(Next we'll hear is that Errigal Ciaran get a bye to the final and not a grammar school within 15 miles of it!!
To make matters worse , Tyrone teams have cleaned up the A B & C grades !

smort

It's time to split Tyrone schools!

RedHand88

Quote from: giveherlong on February 12, 2023, 08:22:09 PM

That was a pish poor effort from Cookstown. A  year wasted for the 8th years

;D ;D ;D

LeoMc

Quote from: delgany on February 13, 2023, 12:03:25 AM
I thought some of the commentators saying that the majority of the Donaghmore McLarnon team were lower sixth. If so, they  could be looking at competing in the McRory next year.

Onthe40

AFAIK they will go to McRory next year
Disappointing final yesterday.. Cookstown nowhere near the performance level needed to lift the trophy, bar first 10mins game never in doubt...Omagh far superior team.

Estimator

Quote from: LeoMc on February 13, 2023, 09:01:33 AM
I thought some of the commentators saying that the majority of the Donaghmore McLarnon team were lower sixth. If so, they  could be looking at competing in the McRory next year.
Donaghmore definitely played Rannafast last year. Maghera beat them by a few points in the quarter-final, so they definitely could step up next year.
Ulster League Champions 2009

LeoMc

Go on tell us more! Why is it a disgrace and why would St Ciarans need to be a grammar to enter?

trailer

This thread has turned into something resembling the old Hogan Stand comments section.

bennydorano

Quote from: Estimator on February 13, 2023, 10:00:01 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 13, 2023, 09:01:33 AM
Donaghmore definitely played Rannafast last year. Maghera beat them by a few points in the quarter-final, so they definitely could step up next year.
Winning a first trophy was a big thing I suppose, they'd have been more than competitive in the MacRory. I watched them v St Pat's Armagh in a warm up game, I believe a few were missing  that day too, Armagh won by a point but very fortunate to have done so.

Blowitupref

Omagh just leading last years defending All Ireland champions Naas by 2-11 to 0-1 at half time. 4-15 to 0-7 it finished. Play Summerhill Sligo in the final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

NotedObserver

Omagh a few quality forwards