2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois will be operating out of Division 4 in 2018 and here are all the fixtures.

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/10/13/laois-face-face-trip-london-2018-national-football-league/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

O moore parklife

Best of luck to john and his backroom staff ( heard today one more was added lad from somewhere in munster ). The rebuilding begins in Ernest ill be positive and back these lads lots of work to do but i think they are all up for it.

town1980

Well I'll be hopeing for promotion we are def good enough and I'm sure john will prevail

Butch Cassidy

Any new players stand out from the club championship?

O moore parklife

I could see the two murphys from portarlington getting a call up tommy kehoe from o dempseys. Get a bit of fresh blood in shake the "established" lads up. Bit of in house competition is always healthy

Tony

It'd be great to see us back in Croke Park with a League Final at least. In a way it's a great opportunity for John as the only way is up, really. It'd be very great news to welcome Cahir back and maybe a couple other Ploaise lads. Other than that, a few pacey new faces. We won't have a golden generation of squad for 2018 but I can easily see us do well in Div 4 and maybe blood some new players. That's all we can really hope for in 2018 but let's hope it's a far better setup compared with our last few  ::)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Butch Cassidy

Club Laois still going? Even though its division 4 games they should try Mark at home games to get a crowd. Some attractive away fixtures for fans with London and Carrick being the stand outs.

Any word on who was called in for trial games? 

Laoisguy

From the Terrace

Yeah, they had trials last Wednesday + Saturday too. Not sure who's in there.

Laoisguy

I travelled in to take a quick look but had to go as the ball was being thrown in to be honest

Seemed good numbers 27-28guys,very active warm up Stack doing the shouting mostly and trialists looking fairly fit

South Laois man

Any news on any players dropping off the panel or new players been looked at?

O moore parklife

Bit of an unfair blow to sugrue and his backroom team with so many of the top player's opting out so far donie conor Meredith and robbie keogh i expect as with most years there will be little involvement from the town.
Just cause there has been a bad few years with bad manager's that should not to taken out on sugrue.
Hopefully the lads that go in will be given a chance by the supporters as the uphill battle has just got harder.
Crazy county we live in when you cant pick your top players

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Division 4 will test players attitude and really separate the guys who really have the county's interests at heart and those who are there just for the crack. It takes real commitment from lads to play division football as the only thing to be gained is the counties pride.

Well done to the lads who do commit, they are real Laoismen and we won't forget that. Very disappointed with Donie...