Laois Minor football Championship

Started by The Monument Road, July 05, 2017, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 24, 2017, 10:15:54 PM
Are joes/house joined at minor level?
If Barrowhouse are still with Joes at any level they might as well call themselves cuckolds and be done with it

Pablo Escobar

I won't lie. I had to look up what a cuckold was, but your comment makes great sense. It has to be an oversight by some of the posters surely?

The Monument Road

I was of the opinion that all ties were broken but it seems not. After seeing a young lad from Barrowhouse play last night i asked around and was told otherwise therefore i authored Joes/Barrowhouse as a team in my comment on the match.
It seems one young lad from Barrowhouse wants to play with the old set up, Joes were approached and agreed to facilitate, permission was granted and the young lad and his family are happy.
I was also told that a few others in Barrowhouse are not happy with the new arrangement with the Arles and kileen clubs which is a pity as it is a good arrangement and gives competitive games to the small number of neglected young boys who want to play football  in Arles and Kileen   

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on July 25, 2017, 08:06:50 AM
If Barrowhouse are still with Joes at any level they might as well call themselves cuckolds and be done with it
Ah now Don, you could have used the term bed hoppers :-*

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 25, 2017, 07:44:40 PM
I was of the opinion that all ties were broken but it seems not. After seeing a young lad from Barrowhouse play last night i asked around and was told otherwise therefore i authored Joes/Barrowhouse as a team in my comment on the match.
It seems one young lad from Barrowhouse wants to play with the old set up, Joes were approached and agreed to facilitate, permission was granted and the young lad and his family are happy.
I was also told that a few others in Barrowhouse are not happy with the new arrangement with the Arles and kileen clubs which is a pity as it is a good arrangement and gives competitive games to the small number of neglected young boys who want to play football  in Arles and Kileen

After asking around there today. Na Fianna Og don't have a minor set up due to lack of numbers. Therefore players are isolated. Could be the same at under 21 but that's open to correction.

Don Draper

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 25, 2017, 10:01:54 PM

After asking around there today. Na Fianna Og don't have a minor set up due to lack of numbers. Therefore players are isolated. Could be the same at under 21 but that's open to correction.
The two Arles' and Barrowhouse cant find 15 minor footballers? Well the county is well and truly fucked lads.

Pablo Escobar

Apparently so. A few of our lads are in with Ballylinan

The Monument Road

Doubt if Fianna OG can field at u21 either. I  wonder what the Baldwin twins think of that with no team to play with. Arles have a few good minors who tried to join with Ballylinan but Ballylinan refused. I dont think those minors are getting games with anyone. Dont think kileen have any u21s or Minors so they dont give a hoot. As a whole its shameful and not right that the parish of Arles cannot ensure that all their young players are catered for.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on July 25, 2017, 10:07:27 PM

The two Arles' and Barrowhouse cant find 15 minor footballers? Well the county is well and truly fucked lads.
Whats worse Don is their are 22 teams entered at Minor this year in Laois. 14 in the B competition and 8 in the A competition. Why not have one competition with an open draw . Then organise a second competition or B competition for 1st and 2nd round losers.

The PRO

Sarsfields pretty much had no minor team this year either. Played one league game I think and pulled out of the championship.

The Monument Road

Quote from: The PRO on July 26, 2017, 04:45:10 PM
Sarsfields pretty much had no minor team this year either. Played one league game I think and pulled out of the championship.
How many clubs are involved in the Sarsfield set up. Its frightening that areas such as Arles and its surrounds. Mountmellick and its surrounds cannot field a minor team. Stradball Parish Gaels (3 Clubs),Graiguecullen ,Ballylinan Kileshin/Cretty,(2Clubs) O Dempseys and the Heath are all playing in the B section. Somethings not right here. IMO Laois should rid itself of the B championship and all teams enter the one grade. Then have something for the first and second round losers where they play one another and reenter the competition again at a later stage. A kind of loser group

SCFC

The county board don't give a flying f**k.
Putting the minor championships on a knock out basis confirmed that.

BallyroanAbu

Minor is secondary to U17 this year.

Laois fan

Well come on you would say that when your knocked out think most clubs would like to win the last minor comp,as regards having all tesms in A first you could see some of the weaker teams take a serious hammering if they come up against the likes of st pauls or port

BallyroanAbu

It doesn't bother me a whole pile that we are knocked out,  nice to see a good St Paul's team coming through but the fact is that this is a transition year.  U17 Final will be the main underage competition this year in Laois. U18 is over after this year which is a good thing and juvenile football now has a proper structure without adult teams interference.