Down v Meath official thread

Started by bcarrier, June 24, 2007, 06:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

The tie of the round - must be live on rte next Saturday ?

I think this is good draw for Down. Serious challenge and probably underdogs.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

bcarrier

J70

thejuice

Reckon we can win this one, if Coyler can instill the right attitude for the Qualifiers and get the lads believing that they can still achieve something. We dont have any injury worries going into it, I would definately have Brian Farrell in from the start this time. The core of this Meath team is its strenght and I think thats where the winning of it is. Should win midfield, and Moyles and Bray providing the hard work with Gerathy and Farrell doing the scoring.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Cloc Mor

Do you seriously think our team of 5' will compete with a team who are all 6' +.  Not a chance.  Physically we are weak (probably mentaly too).  Lights out

redandblackjack

Quote from: Cloc Mor on June 24, 2007, 08:16:48 PM
Do you seriously think our team of 5' will compete with a team who are all 6' +.  Not a chance.  Physically we are weak (probably mentaly too).  Lights out

You do some moaning cloc.
The tie has only been announced and you come out with that. Coulter, Walsh, Murphy, Gordan, Lynch, Scullion, Downey, Kearney to name a few are hardly 5' are they now? 'Lights out'- You are certainly mentally weak !

Cloc Mor

QuoteYou do some moaning cloc.
The tie has only been announced and you come out with that. Coulter, Walsh, Murphy, Gordan, Lynch, Scullion, Downey, Kearney to name a few are hardly 5' are they now? 'Lights out'- You are certainly mentally weak !

Out of your 9 players mentioned 5 are subs including one has just been brought into the panel.  It shows how much you know.

redandblackjack

Who are the 5? So Walsh wont play? Murph wont play? Lynch wont play? Scullion wont figure? I think you will find i know alot more that you think coc, sorry i forgot the L! By the way, Scullion left the panel for a few months- he wasn't brought back for nothing either! think about it.

Cloc Mor

QuoteWho are the 5? So Walsh wont play? Murph wont play? Lynch wont play? Scullion wont figure? I think you will find i know alot more that you think coc, sorry i forgot the L! By the way, Scullion left the panel for a few months- he wasn't brought back for nothing either! think about it.

Only one of these players may start.  Dont talk dung.  Our team is full of wee men.  Interesting in you summary of 6's you never name one of our defenders, including our full back who I always thought should be 6+.  And you say I do some moaning - I'm just calling the truth.

Cloc Mor

QuoteI think you will find i know alot more that you think coc, sorry i forgot the L!

funny

DownFanatic

Noel Sexton (Mayobridge) and Damien Campbell (Ballyholland) have been brought in to the Senior setup while Aidan Burns (Castlewellan) has left.

Cloc Mor

One 6' er replaced by another 5' nothings.  When is this f**king shit gonna end.  We need big men not crap like this.  And whats worse, we are bringing men into the panel who haven't trained/played wiith this group of players before.  Will Sexton or Campbell play against Meath? No - well then whats the point in bringing them in?   Carr doesn't have faith in any of his other sub defenders and these guys aint gonna change it.

lisdoon1

Think positive lads, if you want to bitch then bitch elsewhere. Cloc, give the lads a chance. It is not as easy as you may think.

These lads have sacraficed a good bit since Jan so lets support support them.

if anyone thinks they can do a better job than any of the players or even the managemrnt team then bring your boots to Newry on the 7th.

Support your team, dont fuckin shoot them down.

Cloc Mor

QuoteThink positive lads, if you want to bitch then bitch elsewhere. Cloc, give the lads a chance. It is not as easy as you may think.

These lads have sacraficed a good bit since Jan so lets support support them.

if anyone thinks they can do a better job than any of the players or even the managemrnt team then bring your boots to Newry on the 7th.

Support your team, dont fuckin shoot them down.

This is a discussion board, and read what I am saying.  My post is about the size of the team we have at present, nothing critical about our team.  I believe our lack of size will come against us. I'll get back to you next week, if you're still here.