Tyrone v Dublin NFL

Started by ONeill, February 03, 2018, 10:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on February 04, 2018, 12:53:12 AM

I know this is a couple of years old but look what Micky Harte and Tyrone are up against.
What is Mickey et al up against, internet imbecility?

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Money spent on preparing teams.

Imposerous

[quote

Gavin smirkin.
[/quot

Gavin's mirkin.

Jayop

I was reasonably happy with what went on in Omagh. Probably even happier than I would have been with a draw playing the same system as before. Despite what Brolly etc will say there's a definite change of tactics from Tyrone this year with more emphasis on leaving men up. Couldn't do it last week against Galway really with the sending off early but against Dublin they tried it. And in fairness it worked in the first half. But for an awful give away goal and a few bad wides we were right in the game.

It's encouraging that there's an acknowledgement that change was needed. Getting half forwards out of a well ingrained mentality of having to track every run will take more than one game and a few training sessions. I hope we keep this up in Ulster as with Donegal trying the same thing with the same diagonal balls into a two man full forward line the games could end up being very good.

Wildweasel74

G thats some spending by Mayo; alot of the others double up with Hurling teams!!

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Jayop on February 08, 2018, 02:04:34 PM
I hope we keep this up in Ulster as with Donegal trying the same thing with the same diagonal balls into a two man full forward line the games could end up being very good.

I take it you weren't about at the beginning of the century and have never heard of or watched Ronan Clarke and Steven McDonnell?

tonto1888

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 09, 2018, 10:09:05 AM
Quote from: Jayop on February 08, 2018, 02:04:34 PM
I hope we keep this up in Ulster as with Donegal trying the same thing with the same diagonal balls into a two man full forward line the games could end up being very good.

I take it you weren't about at the beginning of the century and have never heard of or watched Ronan Clarke and Steven McDonnell?

this made me chuckle