AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: tyroneman on August 02, 2017, 12:55:11 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2017, 12:32:55 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 02, 2017, 12:20:19 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2017, 11:53:34 AM
Tyrone supporters trying to anoint themselves as some sort of superior footballing county in the build up to this game is quite comical. To the best of my knowledge this Tyrone team have repeatedly failed at the AI qf/sf stage but you would swear that it was Kerry/Dublin that were taking on Armagh on Saturday. Tyrone still have plenty to prove and outside of Harte and Donnelly they have no real standout special players. Overall quality wise though they definitely have an edge in the middle 8 sector of the field but Armagh have an edge up front in terms of inside forwards and need to concentrate on kicking the ball long and early into their FF line before the Tyrone blanket has time to form. The Tyrone full back line is not the greatest and this is where Armagh can cause damage if the ball in is quick ball. I think we will need a couple of goals to stand a chance of winning this match and if Murnin is not fit it will have a big impact on our game plan. If Armagh engage in a slow ponderous running game it will suit Tyrone perfectly as there is only one winner if it turns into an arm wrestle.

Is this the case?

How many of the Armagh forwards outside Clarke would start for Tyrone?

Campbell and Murnin.

At the minute Campbell can't even get a start for Armagh (which is suprising as he looked an excellent prospect before this year)

From what I've seen Murnin has been consistently the best forward for Armagh this year and will be a big loss if he doesn't play.

These are very much 2 different teams from years before. Tyrone probably have the edge in physicality and have a well honed system. Armagh have serious momentum and seem to have reverted to the Cross template of kicking it long and quick, which is paying dividends.

Neither team are particualry dirty, however Armagh's tackling is very reckless and leads to a lot of unnnecessary frees. Forker, vastly improved as a player,  is probably still the weakest Armagh link in terms of temprement as he seems to get a yellow card almost every game he plays. Was he not taken off before getting sent off against Kildare last weekend (and that wasn't a dirty game)?

Absolute bonus territy for Armagh; anythng other than a 5+point defeat wil be seen as progress.

For Tyrone this is a great game to focus the mind, take if off dreaming of a semi-final v Dublin and concentrate fully on the QF at hand. not sure if they would have been as focused v Monaghan.

At the end of the day however if Tyrone genuinely believe they are top 3 and serious contenders for the AI then they need to win this. No ifs buts or maybes.

Campbell and Murnin wouldn't start for Tyrone. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 02, 2017, 01:00:10 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on August 02, 2017, 12:55:11 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2017, 12:32:55 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 02, 2017, 12:20:19 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2017, 11:53:34 AM
Tyrone supporters trying to anoint themselves as some sort of superior footballing county in the build up to this game is quite comical. To the best of my knowledge this Tyrone team have repeatedly failed at the AI qf/sf stage but you would swear that it was Kerry/Dublin that were taking on Armagh on Saturday. Tyrone still have plenty to prove and outside of Harte and Donnelly they have no real standout special players. Overall quality wise though they definitely have an edge in the middle 8 sector of the field but Armagh have an edge up front in terms of inside forwards and need to concentrate on kicking the ball long and early into their FF line before the Tyrone blanket has time to form. The Tyrone full back line is not the greatest and this is where Armagh can cause damage if the ball in is quick ball. I think we will need a couple of goals to stand a chance of winning this match and if Murnin is not fit it will have a big impact on our game plan. If Armagh engage in a slow ponderous running game it will suit Tyrone perfectly as there is only one winner if it turns into an arm wrestle.

Is this the case?

How many of the Armagh forwards outside Clarke would start for Tyrone?

Campbell and Murnin.

At the minute Campbell can't even get a start for Armagh (which is suprising as he looked an excellent prospect before this year)

From what I've seen Murnin has been consistently the best forward for Armagh this year and will be a big loss if he doesn't play.

These are very much 2 different teams from years before. Tyrone probably have the edge in physicality and have a well honed system. Armagh have serious momentum and seem to have reverted to the Cross template of kicking it long and quick, which is paying dividends.

Neither team are particualry dirty, however Armagh's tackling is very reckless and leads to a lot of unnnecessary frees. Forker, vastly improved as a player,  is probably still the weakest Armagh link in terms of temprement as he seems to get a yellow card almost every game he plays. Was he not taken off before getting sent off against Kildare last weekend (and that wasn't a dirty game)?

Absolute bonus territy for Armagh; anythng other than a 5+point defeat wil be seen as progress.

For Tyrone this is a great game to focus the mind, take if off dreaming of a semi-final v Dublin and concentrate fully on the QF at hand. not sure if they would have been as focused v Monaghan.

At the end of the day however if Tyrone genuinely believe they are top 3 and serious contenders for the AI then they need to win this. No ifs buts or maybes.

Campbell and Murnin wouldn't start for Tyrone.

Campell might not (on current form) but Murnin would be in with a good shout - his leap is phenomenal, he is a good ball winner and he would suit the quick transition style we are looking to play

shawshank

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2017, 11:47:58 AM
I was saying to a few lads yesterday how so many southern teams seem to roll over when they come up against a bigger team like Galway did again yesterday v Kerry.
I think most of us expected Kerry to win but jeez would it have killed Galway to show a bit of fight and at least get stuck into them and put it up to Kerry.

At least the Rossies showed a hell of a lot more intensity and passion and weren't showing Mayo much respect. Too often teams are beaten even before the game starts and that often seems to be the case when teams come up against Kerry or the Dubs.

Armagh showed that Ulster teams don't have that problem as they got laced into Kildare from the start. Many people had talked up this Kildare team this year and said they had some great players and to be honest I was a bit worried about Tyrone being caught cold by them but alas their soft underbelly showed itself again and Armagh's hunger and belief was enough to bring them through.

Think the Down fans were very annoyed that despite them doing well this year and having beaten Armagh, their old rivals have got further than they did and have a big chance to get to an AI semifinal.

near pissed myself at that, just incase you didn't know it, Kildare aren't a bigger team. Tyrone to win pulling up, a division one super power playing a division three team, something like the Ulster final. Galway got comprehensively beaten because Kerry are significantly better than them. Rossies played division one this season, so not a gulf between them and Mayo, especially a Mayo team on the back of extra time.

RedHand88

I rewatched it too. Kildare learnt nothing from the Leinster final at the back. 6/7 defenders surrounding 1 or 2 men between 21 and 45 leaving huge gaps everywhere for Clarke amongst others to run into.

tonto1888

Tyroneman, a very fair assessment

I really hope Tyrone management are overlooking McParland as much as the Tyrone guys on this thread seem to be

punt kick

Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 12:18:32 PM
Love Tyrone v Armagh games.

Gormleys block
McGuigan putting geezer on his hole and kicking a beauty in croker
Canavans free to put an end to the eternal Ulster Champs of the noughties

Tyrone should win but I hope its a good game for a while - Would be great if we could get baldy mckeever on the field and someone nail him near the end in retribution for putting his hand on God in 2005. But do we have anyone who could? McNamee - Hampsey - Mattie?

Let big Sean have a go - he'd probably shit himself if McKeever ran past him.

WT4E

Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 01:36:59 PM

Gormleys block

Tyrone should win but I hope its a good game for a while - Would be great if we could get baldy mckeever on the field and someone nail him near the end in retribution for putting his hand on God in 2005. But do we have anyone who could? McNamee - Hampsey - Mattie?

Your Possibly right - but whereas McKeever, a limited footballer, will only be remembered for getting God sent off in an Ulster Final acting a thug Cavanagh will be remembered for much more:

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

Armaghs inferiority complex towards Tyrone is hilarious!!!!

Jayop

Clarke is a super footballer, I've been a fan for years, I love his style and his skill. I question though whether he'd get on the Tyrone starting team. It's not because we have better forwards, but because we have better forwards than those who do start sitting on the bench because the guys that start play the system better.

Taylor

Clarke would make the team.
Murnin would be there or thereabouts but but his style of play wouldn't suit our high tempo up and down the pitch game we play.
Campbell would hardly make the match day squad. Lee is far superior and only gets a few minutes so enough said there

BennyHarp

Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 01:44:23 PM

Gormleys block

Your Possibly right - but whereas McKeever, a limited footballer, will only be remembered for getting God sent off in an Ulster Final acting a thug Cavanagh will be remembered for much more:

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

Sean will also be remembered for putting big Francie on his hole who was a proper hard man, I'd say he's hardly too bothered about McKeever!
That was never a square ball!!

Jayop

Quote from: Taylor on August 02, 2017, 01:53:00 PM
Clarke would make the team.
Murnin would be there or thereabouts but but his style of play wouldn't suit our high tempo up and down the pitch game we play.
Campbell would hardly make the match day squad. Lee is far superior and only gets a few minutes so enough said there

That's my point about Clarke. Lee and Ronan are our two best scoring forwards for my money but neither is getting a start and Lee is barely getting a run on. Clarke is something else though. Love to watch him play and can't wait to see him live.

punt kick

Gormleys block

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

What'ts the etc etc etc? Seems like you are insecure McKeever has plenty of accolades including an all-ireland and numerous ulsters.  Show's your insecurities when from behind a keyboard you want someone else to attack someone you wouldn't have the balls to look at.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 02:01:18 PM

Gormleys block

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

What'ts the etc etc etc? Seems like you are insecure McKeever has plenty of accolades including an all-ireland and numerous ulsters.  Show's your insecurities when from behind a keyboard you want someone else to attack someone you wouldn't have the balls to look at.

When did McKeever win his all ireland?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Armamike

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 02, 2017, 01:58:29 PM

Gormleys block

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

Sean will also be remembered for putting big Francie on his hole who was a proper hard man, I'd say he's hardly scared of McKeever!

You guys still like to flag up just about the only hit big Sean ever made in his career, blindsided too as Bellew was bending down.  Is that the best you can come up with?
That's just, like your opinion man.

WT4E

Ah here it is - you don't have the balls to do it cause you type it on here response - typical response from a poster like you - next you'll be asking for my address so you can come round and sort me out!!!  ::)

Just said it would be nice (didn't say attack either by the way) all i'm saying is to get nailed e.g. a good hard shoulder to shoulder challenge and put him on his ass. And your right I couldn't do it.

And my point is in terms of comparing players is you can't compare a limited mckeever to an all time great - Cavanagh.

Was McKeever on the 2002 squad? Must have been gathering up the balls at the end of training!