AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

It's because when he IS fouled he does go to ground more often than say AoShea or Star.

I feel this year more than most he's just a decoy forward to tie up the other teams best defenders

yellowcard

He really is, he exaggerates minimal contact to throw himself to the ground like a salmon. In fairness to Tiernan McCann he copped himself on after his embarrassing dive against Monaghan a few years ago but Cavanagh has been at this all of his career.

Just reading Mickey Hartes comments and they are laced with irony. Trying to portray his team as a pure footballing outfit in advance of the game when the charge sheet against his own side reads the length of a telepgraph pole. Comical stuff if he wasn't actually being serious.

Jayop

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2017, 02:03:34 PM
He really is, he exaggerates minimal contact to throw himself to the ground like a salmon. In fairness to Tiernan McCann he copped himself on after his embarrassing dive against Monaghan a few years ago but Cavanagh has been at this all of his career.

Just reading Mickey Hartes comments and they are laced with irony. Trying to portray his team as a pure footballing outfit in advance of the game when the charge sheet against his own side reads the length of a telepgraph pole. Comical stuff if he wasn't actually being serious.

Minimal contact, eg when he's being fouled he doesn't go out of his way to stay up. Why would he when he would get nothing for it. Again, maybe you don't understand the difference between that and diving but that's hardly Sean's fault.

Taylor

If Sean gets fouled why would he not go down?
Show me any instance where he has went down when there has been no contact?

One of the most honest players in the game - because he goes down when contact has been made with him does not make him a serial diver  ::)

yellowcard

Quote from: Jayop on August 01, 2017, 02:06:16 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2017, 02:03:34 PM

Minimal contact, eg when he's being fouled he doesn't go out of his way to stay up. Why would he when he would get nothing for it. Again, maybe you don't understand the difference between that and diving but that's hardly Sean's fault.

It never seems to be Sean's fault. Just as it wasn't Sean's fault when Kevin McKernan got black carded in the Ulster final after making a meal of minimal contact. 

Fuzzman

Ahh yellowcard, I wasn't gonna bite but for the love of God who can you defend what McKernan did or say it didn't deserve a card.

The ball is away down the field, Sean is standing with his back to McKernan and doesn't even know he's there or about to get hit.
McKernan was nowhere near Sean or in his path but McKernan goes out of his way to shoulder Sean just for the hell of it or to get a reaction. Do you disagree with any of that first of all?

Are you saying by Sean falling over after getting a shoulder into his back and not expecting it, that it was Sean's reaction that made the refs mind up to black card him.

Would you describe McKernan's shoulder into Sean as cynical or was he fair game?
I am expecting you do NOT answer most of these questions but you never know

punt kick

Quote from: Taylor on August 01, 2017, 02:16:45 PM

One of the most honest players in the game - because he goes down when contact has been made with him does not make him a serial diver
::)

You are taking the piss now!!

Taylor

Quote from: punt kick on August 01, 2017, 02:29:51 PM

One of the most honest players in the game - because he goes down when contact has been made with him does not make him a serial diver
::)

You are taking the piss now!!

Ok - so show me an example where Sean has went down when there has been no contact?

Or how is he a serial diver?

Sick of this nonsense of labeling SC

JoG2

One of the most honest players in the game - because he goes down when contact has been made with him does not make him a serial diver  ::)

you sound like a pundit on MoTD ffs ! In football, you can only tackle the ball. So, if we run with what you propose ie " why would he not go down?", can you imagine the spectacle the game would become?! Would be as unwatchable as modern day soccer. A touch to the arm, shoulder, back etc etc, go to ground. It's up to the ref to call the foul, not the player

Nanderson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d89cD7AbwxU  skip to 1.16.30

Solo_run

The funny thing about Sean last year in a game he fell to the ground with minimal contact, yet in the dying stages of a game he managed to take three hard hits and still stayed on his feet.

i Don't blame him for dropping to the ground on he slightest of contact but what baffles me is that referees constantly fall for it.

I think it is apt to use the description used by (I think) John Aldridge - he said his wife was cleaning and she knocked the TV and Drogba fell over. Same for Sean.

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 02:26:20 PM
Ahh yellowcard, I wasn't gonna bite but for the love of God who can you defend what McKernan did or say it didn't deserve a card.

The ball is away down the field, Sean is standing with his back to McKernan and doesn't even know he's there or about to get hit.
McKernan was nowhere near Sean or in his path but McKernan goes out of his way to shoulder Sean just for the hell of it or to get a reaction. Do you disagree with any of that first of all?

Are you saying by Sean falling over after getting a shoulder into his back and not expecting it, that it was Sean's reaction that made the refs mind up to black card him.

Would you describe McKernan's shoulder into Sean as cynical or was he fair game?
I am expecting you do NOT answer most of these questions but you never know

The very fact that the card was overturned tell's you all you need to know.

Imposerous

It's a contact sport. Frickin' massive difference between contact and an actual foul. Big Sean is well- built 6.2" feather.

Taylor

I would say there is not another player in Ireland that takes the abuse SC takes (bar perhaps AOS).

That he has not reacted more times in his career is testament to the man

Fuzzman

Is that your only argument yellowcard?

The black card was rescinded because it was deemed not to be "a deliberate body collision with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play will also result in a black card"

The ball was nowhere near Sean and so that's why it was deemed he did not take the player out of the movement of play.

Did you see it yellowcard? Did you think Sean made a meal out of it or shouldn't have fallen?