Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperHo

going to miss it (in person) this year too as the wife got me tickets for Longitude at Christmas. Didn't realise until after the Donegal that the dates clashed. Will have to make do with a pub close to Marlay park

Sack the wife n get a new one???

omagh_gael

Cheers snoopdog, might look into that. SuperHo, I'll take that suggestion on board, too. Could be a serious option!

Jayop

Quote from: The Trap on July 13, 2017, 09:58:27 AM
Some fellas don't have much respect.......there will be a minutes silence for a great Tyrone man on Sunday..Pat Darcy.....is that ok?

Not a case of not having respect. I have great time for the minutes silence and I always remain respectful during it. I just think that's enough without bringing in this stuff of clapping or going silent while the game is ongoing just because it's something the soccer crowd do.

ONeill

Can't help thinking back to the '03 drawn game. That was some entertainment. Can't remember the very end of it. Did Tyrone have a chance to sneak it?

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longballin

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2017, 06:21:01 PM
Can't help thinking back to the '03 drawn game. That was some entertainment. Can't remember the very end of it. Did Tyrone have a chance to sneak it?

One of the most exciting games I was ever at and then Tyrone walked the second game. Cavlan in his prime then... you might be right about Tyrone get chance at the end

Aaron Boone

Quote from: longballin on July 13, 2017, 06:28:15 PM

One of the most exciting games I was ever at and then Tyrone walked the second game. Cavlan in his prime then... you might be right about Tyrone get chance at the end
Ryan McMenamin had a chance to win it. Sliced it.

ONeill

Quote from: longballin on July 13, 2017, 06:28:15 PM

And I think Down game into that Championship without a win in Ulster since 1999, although they were backboned by a maturing '99 minor side.

seafoid

I read the thread header as ...14 clones but I though tyrone had 15 players
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2017, 09:23:12 PM
Team named at 4pm tomorrow??

Down team should be named tonight at the event in the Canal Court.

omagh_gael

Mark of respect for Pat? His funeral is tomorrow morming.

omaghjoe

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 13, 2017, 09:35:36 PM

Mark of respect for Pat? His funeral is tomorrow morming.

Must be, sad to hear the news, a Great man RIP.
Omagh or Drumragh?

Fuzzman

This thread is a bit disappointing considering it's only two days before the Ulster final of two of Ulster's most sucessful teams.

Do people see any changes in the expected teams? I wonder what role Hampsey will play this game? He seemed to be a handy man to have around the middle third and was another scoring outlet.
I'm not sure Conal McCann will start this one and will not be surprised to see McClure named.

Just wondering, are Down still unbeaten against Kerry in the championship or is that record gone now?
How many times have they met?

5 Sams

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 14, 2017, 10:21:50 AM
This thread is a bit disappointing considering it's only two days before the Ulster final of two of Ulster's most sucessful teams.

Do people see any changes in the expected teams? I wonder what role Hampsey will play this game? He seemed to be a handy man to have around the middle third and was another scoring outlet.
I'm not sure Conal McCann will start this one and will not be surprised to see McClure named.

Just wondering, are Down still unbeaten against Kerry in the championship or is that record gone now?
How many times have they met?

Yes still unbeaten. They met in 1960 Final, 1961 semi final, 1968 final, 1991 semi final, 2010 quarter final
The Aristocrat Years

sambostar

Yeah not much craic on here. Maybe it's because Tyrone are such strong favourites to win, might have been a different vibe if it was Monaghan they were up against. I remember 2003 final all too well though and chatting before it that there was no way you could see Tyrone losing - so won't underestimate Down again. But in truth Tyrone should be winning this pulling up - especially with the strength to come off the bench in the 2nd half. Down were hanging on by their fingernails in the last 20mins against Monaghan and that was after getting a soft enough goal from a penalty.

Anyway, always good to be in Clones on Ulster Final day, a few beverages, bit of football and plenty of banter to look forward to