Author Topic: Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones  (Read 31012 times)

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
Re: Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Is that Niall McParland?
https://twitter.com/hoeydavid13/status/886577845614645248/photo/1

Interesting how some neutrals thought Sean played quite well yesterday.
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/tyrone-sean-cavanagh-130409

Whilst not condoning Morgan's behaviour and Sean's involvement in the black card it's no surprise to see the total absence of comment on that or other Down indiscretions during the match traffic here on Sunday.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »
Surprised myself OG.
Some of the behaviour was shocking and far exceeded what normally goes on. But then Down are the aristocrats of Ulster football.
Their behaviour was similarly bad v Monaghan.

If it had been Tyrone there would be multiple threads already

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2017, 06:43:38 PM »
Who owns the idiot on top of the goalposts; what a dick!

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 17, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »
Probably learned all the bad behaviour from u lads!

reddgnhand

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2017, 06:51:15 PM »
Probably learned all the bad behaviour from u lads!

You Derry boys could learn a few things from us. Like how to play football.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2017, 07:01:22 PM »
I watch dublin if am looking to watch a team play gaelic football

tyssam5

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2017, 07:56:18 PM »
Yawnfest in Clones, was always going to be so the second Down made the Ulster Final, in fairness to Down after they settled down they were tenacious and clawed their way back into the game well, they just ran out of ideas after the break.

As for Tyrone, that is a performance that will strike no fear into the big guns going forward, Dublin are an absolute scoring machine whilst Kerry destroyed a very good Cork side, these two are way ahead of the pack and on their second half performance today Tyrone are probably the third best team in the country.

Praying for Down in Croker now, they have a terrible record in the qualifiers and we are a different team from the one they beat in the Athletic grounds.

One last thing, Tyrone's second goal was absolutely brilliant, probably the best finish we will see all year.

Cork are very good? Didn't they scrape into the Munster final with two 1-pt wins? Waterford and Tipp?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »
Worst cork team i have seen in my life. Not good at all.

I feel for down now. Really can't see them beating monaghan but hope they put up a show at the very least so their season doesn't fizzle out too much.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
O'Hanlon was givin Wylie plenty after the penalty, an indication that he doesnt like it done onto himself, you reap what you sow.
As far as Morgan goes...see above.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
Throne are 5/1 with pp
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/all-ireland-sfc

That would seem to indicate another failed attempt of the summit
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »
Throne are 5/1 with pp

Well then, we'll hardly bother saying PP says we're not gonna win it.

Where'd they have Galway?

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #431 on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:49 PM »
Really not a fan of the soccer-influenced blinkered bantz that this thread hasn't become.

Verbals happen. If anyone in Down football deserves them it's O'Hanlon. And I don't even mean that as a sleight on his character. He enjoys that sort of thing.

Praising someone for not reacting to his GPS vest being nipped is a touch shallow.

Sunday was a case of a strong intermediate side playing a strong senior side. I've been there more than a few times in club football and sadly it's never the intermediate side who get to decide how things go.

Was extremely impressed with Tyrone in patches.

Big Sean, an all time great, has sadly nothing to offer Tyrone anymore in games like this. The rest of them play selfless and efficient football. Maybe Tyrone will need bigger plays against Dublin, but he's actually a disruption against weaker sides.

Peter Harte was wonderful. I could watch him play ball all day. Hampsey and McClure have the makings of the new McMahons. Colm Cav just doesn't put a foot wrong. Midfield was simply owned.

If I was from that part of the world I'd be a tad worried about how a defensive system that looks so solid and well drilled still manages to cough up 15 points against a rather toothless attack. You can write some of those off against the match being over after 45 mins, but still, the strength of the Tyrone bench should be enough to see it out strongly.

Monaghan will be interesting for Down. If we play it like a championship match instead of a season finale then we will have a chance; but I'm not sure if as a county we need to go much further at this stage; the risk of a hiding thereafter is very very real.

Gerard McGovern, Niall Donnelly and Ryan's Johnston showed there are a few leaders in the camp. We could do with a few more; a few more men who'll take a 35m shot on instead of throwing out to the wing before inevitably being turned over. Falling into that trap again and again on Sunday was so hard to watch.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 17, 2017, 09:07:47 PM »
Throne are 5/1 with pp

Well then, we'll hardly bother saying PP says we're not gonna win it.

Where'd they have Galway?
Also unlikely to win in September
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 17, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
I thought Peter Harte was one of the main reasons for the upping of gears in the second, especially at the start. He was battering them and broke the door.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 17, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »

If I was from that part of the world I'd be a tad worried about how a defensive system that looks so solid and well drilled still manages to cough up 15 points against a rather toothless attack. You can write some of those off against the match being over after 45 mins, but still, the strength of the Tyrone bench should be enough to see it out strongly.

This is a point to watch. Against Donegal it was the same. After 45/50, Mickey emptied the bench and Tyrone conceded a right bit albeit with the game dead and buried. We'll know soon whether this is a worrying trend late in games or simply holding back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.