Author Topic: pairc ui chaoimh  (Read 5203 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
Re: pairc ui chaoimh
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »
I've seen the Stade de Frank described as being a state of the art stadium a fair few places this week. Now I have no doubts that it's a massive improvement on the old Pairc (which was a bit of a kip) but I imagine state of the art is seriously pushing it.

Its very dated looking something from 30 years ago. If they actually continued the roof over the terracing it would help massively bit of a joke modern stadium with no roof in ireland

The amount of whinging people do about roofs in this country is ridiculous.
I'm going to games thirty odd years and I can count on one hand the number of soakings I've got.
Someone was giving out about the ladies toilets in Navan a week or so ago.
We're gone fierce soft as a nation.

You can tell you're not from Connacht.

twohands!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2017, 08:35:02 PM »
I've seen the Stade de Frank described as being a state of the art stadium a fair few places this week. Now I have no doubts that it's a massive improvement on the old Pairc (which was a bit of a kip) but I imagine state of the art is seriously pushing it.

Floodlights only installed on one side of the pitch, Knock-off Hawkeye, no big screen, same disaster of a setup as regards parking as it was previously. There is no way in hell it's anything close to being state of the art.

Also there is talk that the centre of excellence doesn't even have a full-size pitch.  ::)

And this is with it all being late and way over budget.

LilySavage

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2017, 08:52:49 PM »
The shots look well - all taken when sun splitting the sky. May as well have no roof with that little bit that's there. Wide open both ends. Lookso like a bit of a rushed job to me. An improvement undoubtedly but will look dated in a few years. Looks a three quarter job.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »

Its very dated looking something from 30 years ago. If they actually continued the roof over the terracing it would help massively bit of a joke modern stadium with no roof in ireland

I'm going to games thirty odd years and I can count on one hand the number of soakings I've got.

You would have a point if they spent a lot less on the stadium. Just as before the GAA get a poor return for their euro. The new casement shits on this from a great height for not much more money. Shame its stuck in planning wilderness

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:39:53 PM by JPGJOHNNYG »

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:16 PM »

You would have a point if they spent a lot less on the stadium. Just as before the GAA get a poor return for their euro. The new casement shits on this from a great height for not much more money. Shame its stuck in planning wilderness

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hmm..

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2017, 09:55:51 PM »
New Casement is a derelict site, Páirc Uí Chaoimh is built.
2016 - Hurling League Champions, Football League Semi finalists

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »

You can tell you're not from Connacht.

Worst soaking I ever got was in Carrick.
If you were any use you'd be playing.