Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sambostar

Quote from: mick999 on August 28, 2018, 10:20:53 AM
Gaelic Weekly Live had a chat show about the match last night in Trillick

https://www.facebook.com/GaelicWeeklyLive/videos/687308244959236/?tn-str=k*F
This was enjoyable. Thought Davy Harte spoke very well, is he managing? He comes across like he could follow in his uncles footsteps in management.

Gormley is brilliant. No heirs or graces, Tyrone to win. Get stuck into the Dubs. What you wouldn't give to have him in his prime getting stuck into Kilkenny on Sunday. Was funny listening to his experience with the psychologist woman from back in 2008 - can't imagine he'd been into that sort of thing  :)

APM

Funny, I have heard about another club that sent back tickets. Club membership probably isn't what it was in the days when Tyrone was expected to be competing in finals every couple of years and lots of people now buying online for earlier rounds as opposed to through the club.

Nonetheless, I drove through Cookstown, Stewartstown, Dungannon, Coalisland etc this week and there seems to little in the way of hype.  The Moy is well decked out, but apart from that, there doesn't seem to be the same interest.  You'd nearly think people didn't give a shit.

clarshack

Quote from: APM on August 29, 2018, 10:02:52 AM
Funny, I have heard about another club that sent back tickets. Club membership probably isn't what it was in the days when Tyrone was expected to be competing in finals every couple of years and lots of people now buying online for earlier rounds as opposed to through the club.

Nonetheless, I drove through Cookstown, Stewartstown, Dungannon, Coalisland etc this week and there seems to little in the way of hype.  The Moy is well decked out, but apart from that, there doesn't seem to be the same interest.  You'd nearly think people didn't give a shit.

thought stewartstown is decked out ok. probably no different to the noughties. maybe your a hard man to please?.

southtyronegael

To be fair the local clubs have done a great job decorating the south Tyrone villages. Would be nice to see more flags outside houses though.

APM

Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

thought stewartstown is decked out ok. probably no different to the noughties. maybe your a hard man to please?.

Maybe, seemed like there was more hype in the past. More flags etc.  Other people have remarked on it as well, so don't think its just my imagination.

Jayop

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 29, 2018, 09:59:08 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 28, 2018, 09:50:48 PM
2003 - I just managed to get a ticket half an hour before throw in Dublin.
2005 - Went to every game that year and no ticket to be had for the final. Was bulling, didn't go to Dublin and didn't go to a game for the full year after.
2008 - Again, couldn't get a ticket for the final despite being at all but 1 game all year.
2018 - Not able to go to the final as I booked my holidays without checking the date of the new final and have been offered tickets without even looking for them.

FML!!!

Are you a member of your club?
I have never had any problem getting a ticket for any Tyrone game. They may not always have been the greatest of tickets, but always able to get one easily enough.

Been living in sligo since the late 90s so not a member of a club in Tyrone. Getting offered them this time through my club in sligo.

Localexpert

Quote from: APM on August 29, 2018, 10:50:25 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

Maybe, seemed like there was more hype in the past. More flags etc.  Other people have remarked on it as well, so don't think its just my imagination.

Have heard people remark on this myself but from my memory in 2003 there were flags bunting etc everywhere but definitely not as much for both 2005 and 2008 finals.  Expectation is also playing a part in that 2003, 2005 and 2008 we really expected to win whereas we are 11/2 outsiders this time around.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 29, 2018, 08:52:27 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 29, 2018, 08:25:17 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 29, 2018, 07:48:00 AM
eskra club. i wont be attending but i was collecting tickets and i could have had 3 or 4 home with me on a single membership. maybe other  clubs are different but what i seen was plenty of tickets. every member sorted easily, no draws, raffles needed. never seen it as easy to get an all ireland final ticket.

Very strange that Eskra put yesterday that there was a possibility of a second allocation of tickets if anyone was interested. Said they were sorry for the short notice but had only found out. You'd think if you handed back 40 tickets you wouldn't be putting out a notice about a second allocation.

Dont find it strange, Id say the second allocation of tickets is for interest shown by others who are non club member who may be friends of members from Eskra etc

Could also be a chance of people looking for better tickets in a second allocation
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on August 29, 2018, 11:41:57 AM
eskra club. i wont be attending but i was collecting tickets and i could have had 3 or 4 home with me on a single membership. maybe other  clubs are different but what i seen was plenty of tickets. every member sorted easily, no draws, raffles needed. never seen it as easy to get an all ireland final ticket.

Very strange that Eskra put yesterday that there was a possibility of a second allocation of tickets if anyone was interested. Said they were sorry for the short notice but had only found out. You'd think if you handed back 40 tickets you wouldn't be putting out a notice about a second allocation.

Dont find it strange, Id say the second allocation of tickets is for interest shown by others who are non club member who may be friends of members from Eskra etc

Could also be a chance of people looking for better tickets in a second allocation

I don't think you would be allowed to hand back tickets and then ask for a second allocation. I know of at least 3 larger clubs that didn't get enough tickets and are waiting for the second allocation to fulfil requests.

southtyronegael

Plus the fact that harte has managed to alienate a sizeable proportion of Tyrone supporters.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 29, 2018, 11:45:32 AM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on August 29, 2018, 11:41:57 AM

I don't think you would be allowed to hand back tickets and then ask for a second allocation. I know of at least 3 larger clubs that didn't get enough tickets and are waiting for the second allocation to fulfil requests.

why not I believe some clubs got a lot of hill tickets when stand tickets were requested - would they not be entitled to hand back hill tickets and look for stand tickets in a second allocation?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

tyroneman

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 29, 2018, 09:31:45 AM
Mickey said in the Irish News he only wants support from those who went to Navan back in June. I was in Navan with a Meath jersey on, would that matter? Wonder is Roisin Jordan going?

Going to matches should definitely be rewarded, the season ticket is one (very good) way, but surely there could be some other option (e.g. a loyalty option via tickets.ie) for those that don't use it - plenty of good supporters can't get to every match due to club commitments, which can be especially difficult if they live in a different county, that doesn't stop the clocks for Tyrone matches.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mickey said in the Irish News he only wants support from those who went to Navan back in June. I was in Navan with a Meath jersey on, would that matter? Wonder is Roisin Jordan going?

So you're a Meathie?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 29, 2018, 11:38:53 PM

So you're a Meathie?

No...He's an Augherie. And ever since his namesake and clubman (some lad called Eugene something) got ousted from the Tyrone seniors he has done nothing but spout hate and negativity towards Tyrone GAA.

By all means wear away at whatever geansaí you want, but please don't take a ticket from a deserving candidate. Save your putrid for the high stool and let us real Tyrone gaels (be that North, SOUTH, East or West) get on with supporting our County.

Thebigdog

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on August 30, 2018, 12:21:17 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 29, 2018, 11:38:53 PM

So you're a Meathie?

No...He's an Augherie. And ever since his namesake and clubman (some lad called Eugene something) got ousted from the Tyrone seniors he has done nothing but spout hate and negativity towards Tyrone GAA.

By all means wear away at whatever geansaí you want, but please don't take a ticket from a deserving candidate. Save your putrid for the high stool and let us real Tyrone gaels (be that North, SOUTH, East or West) get on with supporting our County.
Apparently if you hate Mickey Harte you hate Tyrone? Oh no oh no. I wanted a Meath win so I could see the pressure pile on Mick. Just like a lot of Tyrone Gaels I might add! Lol