Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 02, 2019, 11:12:56 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 02, 2019, 10:52:33 PM
How have Smalling and Jones lasted so long playing for United?

A big clear out needed, with those two first out the door. Hopefully, De Gea after them.

Who would you prefer in goals?

Romero is good enough to take over. But personally I'd bring in Kasper Schmeichel

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyCake on April 02, 2019, 11:42:36 PM

A big clear out needed, with those two first out the door. Hopefully, De Gea after them.

Romero is good enough to take over. But personally I'd bring in Kasper Schmeichel

Why do you want rid of DeGea?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

To get what is probably a worse keeper in too.

general

I get what your saying - I'm a big fan of Kasper - shown his quality for a number of years now. The club shouldnt be held to ransom by any player - i read somewhere de gea seeking £390K A WEEK!!

In my opinion - any player with such demands should go - thats taking the pishe.

Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Valencia, Young, Pogba should all be shipped on their way.

In the positive - I'd be keen to see Dalot get a good season under his belt next year. Potentially himself and Shaw could do good things from their positions.

NAG1

I think last night proved again that the squad is light on serious quality when its not the first standard team out.

Ole won't need told which areas need strenghtened it has been pretty obvious for a couple of seasons now and despite investment they are way short of a top 4 back 4. I would imagine that is where he will start.

Dalot and Shaw look like they could offer the long term solutions on the flanks.

There are a list of players either on the wrong side of the age bracket or just not of sufficient quality and I expect to be moved on pretty sharpish.

First 20mins completely controlled the game, had Lingard scored that straight forward headed chance it was game over but that has been the pattern for a couple of seasons now. The ruthless edge has gone and I think it is down to the lack of a leader on the pitch able to drive the team on.

Maroon Manc

A United with more quality would have sewn up the points after 20 minutes, Ole got his tactics spot and United dominated the opening 20 minutes and missed several great chances. Wolves barely had any chances and scored both goals through United errors.

Shaw, Lindelof, Dalot & McTominay were the only ones to perform well after Wolves equalised. If you want to win top honours you can't have Smalling as your first choice centre half. He'd be the first player I'd get rid of this summer. Everytime he gets the ball it leads to panic everywhere else. Alderweireld is available for £25m so United should be in for him alongside another top centre half along with another fullback. Young has done a good job but in fairness he's not a centre half where he played last night.

Keep hold of Herrera and bring in another centre mid and a right winger along with the 3 other defenders will leave United with a squad capable of challenging for 4 trophies for next season.

Tactically I would't be too critical of Ole, the only mistake he made was starting Young. He literally has no option but to play Smalling as Jones can't stay fit.

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 03, 2019, 08:49:06 AM

I don't rate him. Never have done. Average enough stop stopper, but poor distribution, under crosses, and command of the box. Doesn't spread himself enough.

Look at the World Cup he had, he was brutal. I was hoping he'd have a good one so a big team would come in for him.

Only for that late fax to Real, he'd have been there. Now looking ridiculous money. Get him out ta feck!

Tyrone95

Quote from: BennyCake on April 03, 2019, 11:02:59 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 03, 2019, 08:49:06 AM

I don't rate him. Never have done. Average enough stop stopper, but poor distribution, under crosses, and command of the box. Doesn't spread himself enough.

Look at the World Cup he had, he was brutal. I was hoping he'd have a good one so a big team would come in for him.

Only for that late fax to Real, he'd have been there. Now looking ridiculous money. Get him out ta feck!

Wow! One of the most ludicrous outbursts I have read on any thread on this discussion board.. Knowledge of football is clearly non-existent!! The best goalie in the league by quite a bit. Left as a scapegoat most of the time because of a shocking back 4 (that has been the case this 5/6 years)

AZOffaly

I think DeGea is excellent and I don't understand wanting to get rid of him unless you get crazy money. However he has had a couple of clangers this season and back to the world cup. The last goal last night was not the bravest goalkeeping I've ever seen.

But goalie is a thankless position, and he's certainly won more points than he's lost for United over the past few years.

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2019, 11:16:38 AM
I think DeGea is excellent and I don't understand wanting to get rid of him unless you get crazy money. However he has had a couple of clangers this season and back to the world cup. The last goal last night was not the bravest goalkeeping I've ever seen.

But goalie is a thankless position, and he's certainly won more points than he's lost for United over the past few years.

They won't get crazy money for him as he is entering the last year of his contract so youre probably looking at only 25-30mill for him a bit like Courtois last Summer ... Any top goalie to replace him is 60-70million like Chelsea's and Liverpool's last Summer. If ifs just a case of money give him whatever he wants it's still a saving. I suspect though he does want to go and if he does United should let him go with their blessing he's been astonishing for the last 5-6 seasons

Benny's view on him is long held and we've had exchanges about it before but I reckon he's in a very small minority. 

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on April 03, 2019, 11:31:20 AM

They won't get crazy money for him as he is entering the last year of his contract so youre probably looking at only 25-30mill for him a bit like Courtois last Summer ... Any top goalie to replace him is 60-70million like Chelsea's and Liverpool's last Summer. If ifs just a case of money give him whatever he wants it's still a saving. I suspect though he does want to go and if he does United should let him go with their blessing he's been astonishing for the last 5-6 seasons

Benny's view on him is long held and we've had exchanges about it before but I reckon he's in a very small minority.

Clearly the best goal keeper in the PL for the last number of seasons and even with an ever changing back four in front of him. Madness to suggest otherwise.

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on April 03, 2019, 11:31:20 AM

A minority of one. De Gea is world class. Can't understand how anyone would think otherwise.

We've many other issues not least the Belgian Cascarino up front. Smalling, Rojo (a man that cannot make toast) Jones, Fred, Lingard all passengers and stealing a living as professional footballers. Young also should be made to retire. I wouldn't even wish him on any other club. A liability. He'll be banned for a few games so that's a small breather from his shitebag performances.

Taylor

Interesting you say that - while I havent seen last nights, in the PSG game a ball came in that he should definitely have caught but he punched it away instead of catching it and put the defence under pressure again. This was after Rashford had scored the penalty.

The best shot stopper in the PL but he isnt a man that will put his body on the line when there is an opposing player involved

Jeepers Creepers

De Gea does not like coming off his line but suggesting to get rid is insanity. Now Paul Pogba. I'd drive him to Madrid/Barcelona myself but again like a few others who do you replace him with!?

BennyCake

Quote from: Taylor on April 03, 2019, 12:32:30 PM

Interesting you say that - while I havent seen last nights, in the PSG game a ball came in that he should definitely have caught but he punched it away instead of catching it and put the defence under pressure again. This was after Rashford had scored the penalty.

The best shot stopper in the PL but he isnt a man that will put his body on the line when there is an opposing player involved

Yep. Goes back to my comment on his command of his area.

And second point correct too. Lack of bravery too is a big negative for me.