Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 19, 2022, 09:17:27 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 19, 2022, 09:12:20 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 19, 2022, 09:02:19 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 19, 2022, 03:41:05 AM
Putin's rally undone by the Cosmonauts turning up in yellow and blue instead of the regular uniforms. Fair play.

They always wear yellow and blue. They have done for years. Big Russian flag across the breast sort of banished the narrative.
Friendly reminder that western media is at it.

I'm almost 100% certain they wear a primarily blue uniform. I have been watching among the stars documentary with Chris Cassidy

Nah there's photos online going back to 2014 in the yellow uniforms. If they were making an anti Putin message they wouldn't have big Russian flags on their chest. It's a non story that the Russians are laughing at.
Any photos? Have always seen them in blue

RedHand88

Quote from: Solo_run on March 19, 2022, 09:25:26 PM
Putin's rally undone by the Cosmonauts turning up in yellow and blue instead of the regular uniforms. Fair play.

They always wear yellow and blue. They have done for years. Big Russian flag across the breast sort of banished the narrative.

I'm almost 100% certain they wear a primarily blue uniform. I have been watching among the stars documentary with Chris Cassidy

Nah there's photos online going back to 2014 in the yellow uniforms. If they were making an anti Putin message they wouldn't have big Russian flags on their chest. It's a non story that the Russians are laughing at.

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/536436494278602752

Solo_run

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 19, 2022, 09:31:03 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 19, 2022, 09:25:26 PM

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/536436494278602752

Any other photos where yellow uniforms were used in a time where Russia was trying to force it's will on Ukraine? 2014 was the annexation of Crimea. Later that year a Russian astronaut wore yellow. Astronauts typically wear blue regardless of nationality. Today there were Russian astronauts in Yellow a few weeks after the invasion of Ukraine. I wouldn't expect the astronauts to come out and say anything as there would be consequences on roscosmos. Then again, like you said could be Western media stirring things up

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Don Cockburn

The usual suspects from the People Before Profit - Anti Everything Alliance refuse to applaud to Zelensky in the Dail today.

Rossfan

The useful eejits phrase comes to mind.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Quote from: Don Cockburn on April 06, 2022, 12:49:29 PM
The usual suspects from the People Before Profit - Anti Everything Alliance refuse to applaud to Zelensky in the Dail today.

People before profit are far left, Zelensky is far right. Zelensky is not exactly a good boy either. People before profit are bell ends of the highest order, its a poor reflection on irish politics that these yokes have any mandate at all.

Keyser soze

What has Zelensky done that makes him a bad boy, genuine question.

Eire90

time to change their name to death before people bombs before people or putin before people

Armagh18

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 06, 2022, 02:44:52 PM
What has Zelensky done that makes him a bad boy, genuine question.
No expert but he's rumoured to have dodgy millions in off shore bank accounts, no idea how true any of it is.

Keyser soze

Quote from: tc_manchester on April 06, 2022, 03:30:25 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/03/revealed-anti-oligarch-ukrainian-president-offshore-connections-volodymyr-zelenskiy

That's a complicated read but it appears he may have put some of his wealth offshore before becoming president. I'm not sure that shows that he's an extreme right winger which is what some of the posts on here are inferring.

Like he isn't rounding up his own citizens and putting them in concentration camps and torturing them or poisoning them then, which is what the narrative that he's as bad as Putin would suggest. 

tc_manchester

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 06, 2022, 03:46:45 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/03/revealed-anti-oligarch-ukrainian-president-offshore-connections-volodymyr-zelenskiy

That's a complicated read but it appears he may have put some of his wealth offshore before becoming president. I'm not sure that shows that he's an extreme right winger which is what some of the posts on here are inferring.

Like he isn't rounding up his own citizens and putting them in concentration camps and torturing them or poisoning them then, which is what the narrative that he's as bad as Putin would suggest.

that's what my reading of it is as well - the money looks like it came from his acting career and he's not the first entertainer to hide his money from the local taxman - not the best look if you decide to suddenly become a politician. I haven't seen anything showing a rabid right winger as being alluded to on this discussion. At the end of the day if he had all this money stashed away he could have ran to the US when offered the chance instead of staying in Kiev

burdizzo

There's so many strands to all this...
What's an 'extreme right-winger'? Russia keeps calling them Nazis. Zelensky is a Jew, so hardly is that. 'Nazi' and 'extreme-right' are terms used - universally, it seems - to discredit opponents, even if there's no basis for it. It's completely meaningless. To me, Zelensky is an EU and NATO puppet, and there's little doubt that the US managed regime-change in Ukraine in 2014 at Maidan, away from the then pro-Russian leader. The EU/ NATO/ US - the Atlantist Alliance - wants Ukraine in its sphere, Russia wants Ukraine in Russia's sphere. Everyone knows this. I don't think he's 'right-wing' - extreme, or otherwise. Right-wingers aren't gagging to be part of the EU.

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 06, 2022, 03:46:45 PM

Yes, but he been knocking off "his own citizens" in the east for many's the year. Since 2014, in fact. I know it's in the 'breakaway' regions, and what's he supposed to do, but if he's claiming them as Ukrainian, then he is knocking off his own citizens. Furthermore, if Ukrainian troops are kneecapping Russian POWs - as is reported - then that, too, is a war crime. I would also have thought that damming water supplies to Crimea is also, if understandable, pretty provocative.

Of course, none of this justified a full-scale invasion. But, we should remember that we too are being told lies by our own media.

imtommygunn

A few threads on this board I think illustrate a lot don't understand what a right winger is. Tbh it seems to be one of those terms the world is redefining.

I can't put my finger on it but something doesn't feel right to me about Zelensky.