Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

According to the news Poland have a load of them. They want them replaced with new Jets from the US and then give Ukraine the Migs so that the Ukranian pilots are good to go as they know the planes and dont need further training

Keyser soze

Should send them some trebuchets when they're at it .

An Watcher

Just googled trebuchets,  very good

charlieTully

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 07, 2022, 07:13:29 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 07, 2022, 06:23:41 PM
If they can get those Polish MIGs then they may finally sort out that massive sitting duck convoy

Ah, I dunno if they'll make anything like the impact the Ukranians hope for - I think their impact will be vastly underwhelming compared to their resources consumed. They might think it a morale winner - but when they are mostly smoking holes in the ground within a couple of days - then it may have the opposite effect.

I'd think it more useful if Poland's order for >20 TB2 drones was directed Ukraine's direction instead. Turkey themselves have over 100 and are a NATO member - why are they not being tapped up for sending a rake more over.

Austrian company Schiebel make the Camcopter - perfect for ambushing vehicles in the Ukrainian terrain. Can NATO not gather together a few dozen of these? 'Course they can. The Belgians have them, the French have them, the Italians have them and so do the Yanks.

Even old Predators from the US would do a fine job.

Best of it is, how are the Russians going to know if a Predator is being piloted by a Ukrainian 10 miles away, or a trained operator sitting 400 miles away in Poland taking cues from on ground Ukrainian forces? They (Russians) sure as hell wouldn't have enough proof to push any further.

A covid expert and a war expert. Some boy for one boy.

armaghniac

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 08, 2022, 10:34:57 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 07, 2022, 06:23:41 PM
If they can get those Polish MIGs then they may finally sort out that massive sitting duck convoy

Are you talking MIGs as in the Soviet era planes that Poland had when they were in the Warsaw pact, sometime in the middle of the last century?

I don't think Poland has many of them still flying given that they are now in NATO and have been for 20+ years.

Poland have some, as do Slovakia and Bulgaria. The point is that they will have probably be replaced in the new few years and you might as well scrap them in dogfight against the Russians.

But the earlier comments about drones are also relevant.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 08, 2022, 12:32:34 PM

You joke but literally anything would obliterate that massive convoy which is just asking for it so puzzled why it hasnt

Average Score

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 08, 2022, 01:01:00 PM

You joke but literally anything would obliterate that massive convoy which is just asking for it so puzzled why it hasnt

I have heard a few military experts on the news saying the same.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Average Score on March 08, 2022, 01:04:20 PM

Culvert Bomb

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 08, 2022, 12:11:47 PM
According to the news Poland have a load of them. They want them replaced with new Jets from the US and then give Ukraine the Migs so that the Ukranian pilots are good to go as they know the planes and dont need further training

Craic was, Poland were gonna get F-35s in 2024
Craic now is, the Yanks might give them the next brand spanking new ones off the production line if they hand over their Fulcrums to the Ukrainians.

But there would need to be NATO sensitive equipment removed first.
and its not clear how much capability they have for precision air to ground.
or even what air to air munitions they run on.

Not straightforward.
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 08, 2022, 01:17:29 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 08, 2022, 01:04:20 PM

Culvert Bomb

A lot of fertiliser is produced in Ukraine.
But then, perhaps they have placed a culvert bomb further down the road and when the convoy gets there they will blow up the first couple of yokes and emerge with anti tank missiles to get the rest.

have the West no truck mounted missiles that could be donated to fire at static convoys and the like?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 08, 2022, 07:15:40 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 08, 2022, 12:11:47 PM

Craic was, Poland were gonna get F-35s in 2024
Craic now is, the Yanks might give them the next brand spanking new ones off the production line if they hand over their Fulcrums to the Ukrainians.

But there would need to be NATO sensitive equipment removed first.
and its not clear how much capability they have for precision air to ground.
or even what air to air munitions they run on.

Not straightforward.

and....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60657155

Poland to give the MiGs to the Yanks, who will then give them to the Ukrainians.
i usse an speelchekor

Main Street

Brit government deny accusations that it has been making it difficult for Ukrainians to apply for visas. Those Ukrainians who were in France were told to apply at Calais, when they got to Calais there was no reception centre, instead they received the news that they had to apply at the British embassy Paris and take advantage of a walk-in appointment period on Thursday afternoons between 2 pm - 3pm.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60655788

Rossfan

300!!!!
Apparently they are "concerned" because we will be taking in lots of the poor devils.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Main Street on March 08, 2022, 08:39:07 PM
Brit government deny accusations that it has been making it difficult for Ukrainians to apply for visas. Those Ukrainians who were in France were told to apply at Calais, when they got to Calais there was no reception centre, instead they received the news that they had to apply at the British embassy Paris and take advantage of a walk-in appointment period on Thursday afternoons between 2 pm - 3pm.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60655788

Priti Stupid is on the case.
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Nothing but flat out lies again and again and again from that party. Disgusting and without an ounce of humanity between them.