Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

Multiple Ukrainian cities under missile attack this morning.

bennydorano

Quote from: Eire90 on October 10, 2022, 08:20:56 AM
Multiple Ukrainian cities under missile attack this morning.
Should be a surprise to absolutely no one, poking the bear in Crimea was always going to get this reaction. Was reading yesterday the new General in charge just bombed Syrian infrastructure off the map.

HiMucker

These attacks are mostly for the Russian domestic audience. They have zero military and strategic value, unlike the Kerch bridge bombing. Horrible yes, but the war equivalent of a toddler throwing a tantrum because they can't get what they want. The Ukranians would have known this was coming.

armaghniac

Quote from: HiMucker on October 10, 2022, 09:34:00 AM
These attacks are mostly for the Russian domestic audience. They have zero military and strategic value, unlike the Kerch bridge bombing. Horrible yes, but the war equivalent of a toddler throwing a tantrum because they can't get what they want. The Ukranians would have known this was coming.

also these attacks are lazy in a sense.Te Ukrainians have been carefully targetting the likes of Crimean airfields and the bridge, these actions do actually degrade the Russian capacity. The Russians just blow up an apartment block by aiming generally at an urban area, which doesn't really degrade Ukrainian military capacity and if anything it steels the resolve of the Ukrainians to fight on.

However, it does not say much the Russian domestic audience that they are impressed by blowing up other civilians who they claim should be in their family.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

burdizzo

I think the Russians hit mainly bridges, government buildings (inc. SBU HQ), power networks, railways, etc.

Anyway, Irish nationalists also justified hitting fellow-Irishmen back a few decades ago, did they not? So, nothing unique there.

LeoMc

Quote from: burdizzo on October 10, 2022, 06:34:17 PM
I think the Russians hit mainly bridges, government buildings (inc. SBU HQ), power networks, railways, etc.

Anyway, Irish nationalists also justified hitting fellow-Irishmen back a few decades ago, did they not? So, nothing unique there.
It is not fellow Russians they are hitting Comrade.

Main Street

How the liberators of Kupyansk were greeted by the long suffering natives.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1579191901567451138

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on October 10, 2022, 10:50:05 PM
How the liberators of Kupyansk were greeted by the long suffering natives.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1579191901567451138

There was another clip where a farmer was giving each Ukrainian jeep a bag of vegetables, you do what you can!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Think better, or just another useful idiot.

burdizzo

Quote from: Main Street on October 11, 2022, 12:30:49 AM

Honestly? I think the useful idiots are those peddling the mainstream narrative. Amazing how gullible some people are.

seafoid

One of the goals of the Russians is the destruction of the Ukranian economy. Cromwell had a similar strategy in Irelandm
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Ah right burdizzo.
So Ukraine invaded Russia then ::)
Or maybe the Ukraine Government are blowing up their own cities, apartment blocks etc?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

burdizzo

Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2022, 08:43:21 AM
Ah right burdizzo.
So Ukraine invaded Russia then ::)
Or maybe the Ukraine Government are blowing up their own cities, apartment blocks etc?

Yeah, I really said that. Back to your playpen, little boy.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on October 11, 2022, 07:19:30 AM

Honestly? I think the useful idiots are those peddling the mainstream narrative. Amazing how gullible some people are.

"The Mainstream narrative"

You obviously can see the full picture better than the rest of us "sheeple"

Laois Mick Wallace

burdizzo

Quote from: clonadmad on October 11, 2022, 09:32:00 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on October 11, 2022, 07:19:30 AM

"The Mainstream narrative"

You obviously can see the full picture better than the rest of us "sheeple"

Laois Mick Wallace

Nah - Mick Wallace is a fool.

By the way, I don't claim to see the full picture, at all. However, what most people gladly lap up every day is so slanted, it's not funny. And that applies to more than just Ukraine, as well.