Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 08, 2023, 05:16:12 PM
Quote from: smort on February 08, 2023, 03:58:55 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 08, 2023, 03:45:51 PM
Watched a random movie on Netflix last night - Drive (2011), dunno how I missed that first time round, great movie, lots of A list cast members, highly stylised, some good music as well.

Under a rock benny, sensational soundtrack

My favourite film of all time, went to cinema on my own to see it and only soundtrack I ever bought. One of only 2 blu-rays I bought at full whack too.
Still wear a satin bomber jacket and leather driving gloves?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on February 09, 2023, 09:15:44 PM
Watched a random movie on Netflix last night - Drive (2011), dunno how I missed that first time round, great movie, lots of A list cast members, highly stylised, some good music as well.

My favourite film of all time, went to cinema on my own to see it and only soundtrack I ever bought. One of only 2 blu-rays I bought at full whack too.
Have went down the Kavinsky music rabbit hole, dunno how I missed him  as I seem drawn to French dance music over the years. Daft punk, Sebastian Tellier, Air (& the Darkel offshoot).If you haven't already, check out Air's  Moon Safari album, my all time N1. Deadly the way some sound tracks just grab you, the Lost in Translation soundtrack is unreal imo, and Air's Virgin Suicides soundtrack is another favourite of mine.
Watched it again last week. Class film and soundtrack.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 09, 2023, 09:33:47 PM

Still wear a satin bomber jacket and leather driving gloves?

Toothpick too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Christ benny, first Drive and now Moon Safari. You'll be telling everyone about the refreshing taste of the latest wonder pop to hit the shelves, something called "Coca-Cola" any minute now!

trueblue1234

Watched M3gan the night with low expectations. Not bad. Had a lot of potential but went more down the action route than the psychology side. Bit of AI meets I robot. But passed a couple of hours.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bennydorano

Quote from: gallsman on February 09, 2023, 10:59:48 PM
Christ benny, first Drive and now Moon Safari. You'll be telling everyone about the refreshing taste of the latest wonder pop to hit the shelves, something called "Coca-Cola" any minute now!
25 year anniversary of Moon Safari, some of the young uns might have missed it.

tbrick18

Too the young fella to see Plane.
Dont waste your time.

screenexile

Watched a few movies since Christmas...

Babylon - 7/10 It was mad and quite enjoyable but probably an hour and 10 mins too long. Music is great in it!

Long Shot - 6/10 Was severely bored and saw this comedy. It's fine and passed a couple of hours with a few dick jokes etc. Not the worst

M3GAN - 6/10 As someone mentioned above it could have covered the existential crisis of AI taking over the world a la Terminator but then kind of morphed into a teenage horror story. Grand.

The Menu - 5/10 Thought it was awful guff.

Puss in Boots - 8.5/10 Took the kids not expecting much but have to say I really enjoyed it. Well worth taking the family to.

Tár - 7/10 It is a really good performance by Blanchett. It takes the piss out of the arty Orchestra/conductor types but was a bit too arty itself, I'm still thinking about it not sure how much I enjoyed it so gave it a 7.

Deadly Cuts - 7/10 It's not winning any awards but found it mildly entertaining. Not a bad one to watch with the Mrs.

Triangle of Sadness - Just don't!

Win it all - 7/10 Thought it was funny and a bit charming. Again one you could watch with herself and it'd be enjoyable enough.

Burnt - 6.5/10 Pretty average film about the Chef scene in London. We already know Chef's are pricks

ONeill

I remember looking for that soundtrack a good while ago. There was something about certain songs being absent from Spotify. Might be changed now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jell 0 Biafra

Funny to hear how much of an impression the movie and soundtrack made on others.  I remember thinking the movie was just about OK.  Have no memory of any of the music!

bennydorano

Watched Baby Driver (2017) 2nite on Netflix, thinks it's cool & stylish but trying a bit too hard for me.

bennydorano

Watched The Swimmers recently on Netflix (a true story of 2 middle class Syrians journey from Syria ultimately to Germany), a grim eye opener.

lurganblue

The new Avatar. I don't mind much about the first one but went ahead to see the latest. Too long. Too much emphasis put on the visuals in my opinion. The story was grand and I enjoyed it towards the end. Could have been made about 1 hour shorter.

J70

I saw the first Avator on an IMAX screen in 3D.

My head was spinning afterwards! Way too much visual info to keep up with.

Hound

Happy to see Keoghan and Condon win the best supporting actor categories at the BAFTAs. I thought they were both brilliant in Banshees.