The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: ludermor on July 01, 2011, 01:05:22 PM
Got a word for Custodian at the 6.40 in wexford. Was at 14s down to 6 now.

Bit of a plunge by the looks of it 11/4 on PP now  :o Anyone know is Barretts known as a gambling stable?

boojangles

Beau Amadeus 7.55 Bellewstown. Each way but hurry. 5-1.

armagho9

Quote from: boojangles on July 01, 2011, 05:23:05 PM
Beau Amadeus 7.55 Bellewstown. Each way but hurry. 5-1.

Word for it or just your own fancy?

bridge fan

bridge fan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2011, 11:52:16 PM
Quote from: bridge fan on June 30, 2011, 10:40:27 PM
Quote from: beer baron on June 30, 2011, 10:21:25 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2011, 09:13:32 PM
Why was Steps To Freedom moved to Commonstown from Elliott's yard?

I'm only making an assumption that there was a falling out because after the win in the bumper at Aintree Gordon was speaking of how he  was excited about next season and thought STF could tun into something a little bit special,i know if i had a horse with plenty of potential i'd be in no rush to remove it from the Elliott yard!

that is not the reason i

If they want to go handicapping on the level then moving Jessie's isn't a bad decision but if they're serious about a novice hurdle campaign, it seems odd to move him from Elliot's. I wouldn't be a big fan of some of the lads riding for Jessie over jumps recently. It's a pity Tommy Treacy doesn't get more opportunities because he's been one of the most underrated riders in this country for the past fifteen years.

dont want to post wat happened but it has nothing 2 do with the horse

beer baron

Quote from: bridge fan on July 02, 2011, 01:32:12 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2011, 11:52:16 PM
Quote from: bridge fan on June 30, 2011, 10:40:27 PM
Quote from: beer baron on June 30, 2011, 10:21:25 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2011, 09:13:32 PM
Why was Steps To Freedom moved to Commonstown from Elliott's yard?

I'm only making an assumption that there was a falling out because after the win in the bumper at Aintree Gordon was speaking of how he  was excited about next season and thought STF could tun into something a little bit special,i know if i had a horse with plenty of potential i'd be in no rush to remove it from the Elliott yard!

that is not the reason i

If they want to go handicapping on the level then moving Jessie's isn't a bad decision but if they're serious about a novice hurdle campaign, it seems odd to move him from Elliot's. I wouldn't be a big fan of some of the lads riding for Jessie over jumps recently. It's a pity Tommy Treacy doesn't get more opportunities because he's been one of the most underrated riders in this country for the past fifteen years.

dont want to post wat happened but it has nothing 2 do with the horse

Wouldn't mind a PM if you dont mind?No worries if you don't!

Candyman

DH or anyone any fancies 2day?

Hardy

Quote from: Candyman on July 03, 2011, 12:57:25 PM
DH or anyone any fancies 2day?

My tip is if you're not watching the football/hurling or the tennis, get the special from Busaras to Bellewstown. Rubbish racing, but a lovely spot, a great day out and the best of crack. If you're having a bet, there's a track bias, with low draw numbers favoured in the mile races.

Candyman

Are u mad??? If I went to Bellewstown I wouldn't been seen til about Tuesday...

Donnellys Hollow

I'd be waiting for the July meet at Newmarket next week. Interesting to see if Misty For Me will run in the Falmouth after dotting up at the Curragh last weekend.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bridge fan

fav in the 1st and last race @ roscommon also quest for peace in the 8-00 worth a few quid on a good run so hopefully it dosnt end 2day  :) :) :)

bridge fan

sum drift on the 1st 1 but a winner is a winner  ;D ;D

bridge fan

isis song worth a couple of quid in the 7-00 roscommon

bridge fan

Quote from: bridge fan on July 04, 2011, 03:02:20 PM
fav in the 1st and last race @ roscommon also quest for peace in the 8-00 worth a few quid on a good run so hopefully it dosnt end 2day  :) :) :)
2 out3  aint bad and the odds on shot gets beat

beer baron

I think Glanusk 8.00 Naas is worth a small bet today,finished behind Joe eile and Jambalaya 2 runs back but ran into all sorts of trouble that day and tries blinkers today for the 1st time,i reckon he has the beating of them 2 anyway,haven't looked at it in much depth so just depends what the others are like!