The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attheraces

The eclipse stakes has a bit of potential to be a cracker this week. We will find So You Think's true credentials this weekend coming up against a fresh Workforce who won at Sandown earlier in the year, and Snow Fairy looks set to run as well.

If SYT comes on as O'Brien anticipated surely he won't be far away. Ascot was only 2 weeks ago and it is a possibility the defeat to Rewilding may have taken a bit out of him and Saturday could be too soon. Or it could be that the run at Ascot wil bring SYT up to speed if O'Brien is to be believed, though from reading this board whether that is a reliable tactic remains to be seen. SYT too short at the prices and Workforce will be fresh and bound to run a big race. Alot may depend on the ground, if the ground is quick and Workforce handles the flat spots I would fancy him to come out on top. I think it is too close to call and I will be backing neither,but if I was pushed between the two it would be Workforce for me.

I will be backing Snow Fairy e/w. On oddschecker best price is 8/1 with Coral also paying 1/4 odds to THREE places. A filly who had a sensational season last year, a lot depends on how she recovers from injury but surely there is value at 8/1, especially at 3 places.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: attheraces on June 30, 2011, 12:35:51 AM
The eclipse stakes has a bit of potential to be a cracker this week. We will find So You Think's true credentials this weekend coming up against a fresh Workforce who won at Sandown earlier in the year, and Snow Fairy looks set to run as well.

If SYT comes on as O'Brien anticipated surely he won't be far away. Ascot was only 2 weeks ago and it is a possibility the defeat to Rewilding may have taken a bit out of him and Saturday could be too soon. Or it could be that the run at Ascot wil bring SYT up to speed if O'Brien is to be believed, though from reading this board whether that is a reliable tactic remains to be seen. SYT too short at the prices and Workforce will be fresh and bound to run a big race. Alot may depend on the ground, if the ground is quick and Workforce handles the flat spots I would fancy him to come out on top. I think it is too close to call and I will be backing neither,but if I was pushed between the two it would be Workforce for me.

I will be backing Snow Fairy e/w. On oddschecker best price is 8/1 with Coral also paying 1/4 odds to THREE places. A filly who had a sensational season last year, a lot depends on how she recovers from injury but surely there is value at 8/1, especially at 3 places.

Took a look on pp - snow fairy not on the prices???

attheraces

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 30, 2011, 09:27:42 AM
Quote from: attheraces on June 30, 2011, 12:35:51 AM

Took a look on pp - snow fairy not on the prices???

She is running Radda just seen on Sky Sports. On Oddschecker it say Snow Fairy is available at 7/1 on PP according to it. Any hopes of 3 places have been dashed with Cape Blanco/Jan Vermeer and Alexander Pope being ruled out today. Pretty disappointing that there will only be a field of five.

Muzz

Markets still showing paying 3 places even with the 5 horses...Would Ante Post bet still be subject to Rule 4 even after declarations?

Snow Fairy is the only horse that seems to offer value.  SYT being odds on would probably prefer softer ground and longer distance.

Muzz

McLeans on website were showing 3 places with 5 runners - just called them to place the bet and they are only paying 2

Mickey Linden

Anyone think its worth following Gordon Elliot for rest of day at Perth? He normally has a few winners at the track!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Heard word for Butler in the 5pm at Haydock. Source is a bit of an unknown quantity though they got me Cheltenian in the Champion Bumper. Usual terms apply, no guarantees etc.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bridge fan

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 30, 2011, 02:47:45 PM
Heard word for Butler in the 5pm at Haydock. Source is a bit of an unknown quantity though they got me Cheltenian in the Champion Bumper. Usual terms apply, no guarantees etc.

have heard it also about butler . manger hanagment elliots best chance of a winner 2day @ perth  also think steps 2 freedom will win the 9-05 @ leop with the mullins horse being the danger

attheraces

Quote from: Muzz on June 30, 2011, 02:01:30 PM
Markets still showing paying 3 places even with the 5 horses...Would Ante Post bet still be subject to Rule 4 even after declarations?

Snow Fairy is the only horse that seems to offer value.  SYT being odds on would probably prefer softer ground and longer distance.

Rule 4 never applies to any ante-post markets, whether final declarations have been made or not.

Sea The Stars

So You Think will show his true colours in the Eclipse.  8)

Clash of the heavyweights I know but So You Think is a champion, and I have said so all along since his arrival in the Northern Hemisphere. Not about to renege now.

What I will say though is that I am surprised he is running here. I was sure that this was the race for Cape Blanco but they chose to run him in the Queen Anne - which may have had a disenchanting effect - rather than come straight here.

I was completely taken by Snow Fairy's win in Hong Kong last year. But I'd be concerned that she may just need the run on Saturday. Sir Putra and Confront are good horses taking potentially great horses so can't have either of them. Leaving just Workforce to beat.

Over ten furlongs, I am confident So You Think is the better horse. The stiff track as well as experience of it should advantage Workforce more, but don't think it will be enough.

Donnellys Hollow

Why was Steps To Freedom moved to Commonstown from Elliott's yard?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2011, 09:13:32 PM

I'm only making an assumption that there was a falling out because after the win in the bumper at Aintree Gordon was speaking of how he  was excited about next season and thought STF could tun into something a little bit special,i know if i had a horse with plenty of potential i'd be in no rush to remove it from the Elliott yard!

bridge fan

Quote from: beer baron on June 30, 2011, 10:21:25 PM

I'm only making an assumption that there was a falling out because after the win in the bumper at Aintree Gordon was speaking of how he  was excited about next season and thought STF could tun into something a little bit special,i know if i had a horse with plenty of potential i'd be in no rush to remove it from the Elliott yard!

that is not the reason i

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bridge fan on June 30, 2011, 10:40:27 PM
Quote from: beer baron on June 30, 2011, 10:21:25 PM

that is not the reason i

If they want to go handicapping on the level then moving Jessie's isn't a bad decision but if they're serious about a novice hurdle campaign, it seems odd to move him from Elliot's. I wouldn't be a big fan of some of the lads riding for Jessie over jumps recently. It's a pity Tommy Treacy doesn't get more opportunities because he's been one of the most underrated riders in this country for the past fifteen years.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ludermor

Got a word for Custodian at the 6.40 in wexford. Was at 14s down to 6 now.