The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: drici on June 08, 2011, 09:14:26 PM

Nina doing fine this weather.

Drici my man, where did ya come across that stat table?

beer baron

And she did rightly to keep Elliots yoke interested this evening and get it up- i backed it at 7/2 and think it went to 8's or 10's in running!

Donnellys Hollow

Frankel 1/3 for the St James' Palace??  :o
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bridge fan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 08, 2011, 10:25:35 PM
Frankel 1/3 for the St James' Palace??  :o

id say he will be most defintly be  shorter on the day dosnt really intrest me taking the 1/3 ante post rules also 1/4 in places was hoping hed be around 1/2 myself
:o

Candyman

Got word for Acer Diamonds, 2pm at Newbury? Do with it what you wish... Currently at 12's I've a small e/w on it

sammymaguire

that Ten Pole Tudor looks a tasty 12/1 in the 8 o clock as does Ask Jack in the 25 past 8.  :-\

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Invincible Ash is a big price in the next at Leopardstown if she has recovered from her exertions over in Dubai.

armagho9

my luck 15 today r

move in time.  3.20 Sandown  @13-2
Kay Gee Bee  2.40 York  @  11-2
Barkston Ash  5.05 Chester  @2-1
Brandywell Boy  4.00 Bath  @ 4-1

on a seperate bet did Seal Rock ew in 3.15 York @ 8-1

would keep an eye on Bubbly Bellini in 8.00 Limerick

Radda bout yeee

Anything catch your eye today DH or BB?

boojangles

I think Majestic Myles at 11/1 in York 3.15 looks good ew value. Hanagan and Fahey. Desert Law who it beat last time out is half its odds in the same race.

beer baron

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 11, 2011, 01:41:29 PM
Anything catch your eye today DH or BB?

Marvada 6.50 at Limerick worth a small nibble e/w,backed it last time out over 7 furlongs in a weaker race and he did all his best work at the end to get up on the line,the step up could bring about improvement and Dusty Foley's riding again and he's in good form having picked up a double yesterday. He's about 9/1 and i reckon thats a pretty good price for an each way play!

Donnellys Hollow

Keep ye're money for next week. What's the point in punting on mules today when the cream of the sport will be in action from Tuesday onwards?

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 11, 2011, 02:43:36 PM
Keep ye're money for next week. What's the point in punting on mules today when the cream of the sport will be in action from Tuesday onwards?

Ah sure a few 5ers e/w and a lucky 15 is compulsary of a Saturday,keeps me off the beer for a few hours!

So you think and Frankel double  next week Dh,any reason not to have a big double? In my eyes evens for the double seems big but you that really knows your stuff has so you think just been beating pigs here in Ireland or will he live up to the hype from his performances in Oz?

Donnellys Hollow

I expect both to win but So You Think isn't for me at the price. I really respect Planteur and I'd worry that he might just do So You Think for a turn of foot on quick ground. I know O'Brien has come out with the usual ráiméis about having the speed to drop back to a mile but he's a High Chaparral and a lot of his progeny lack a gear.

1/3 Frankel is printing money. He should be 1/10. The only way he gets beat is if his gate doesn't open.

Real pity that Rite Of Passage won't be able to defend his Gold Cup. Hopefully DK will have a crack at Big Bucks with him now.