The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

good stuff ^^^^^^^^ hope ya made plenty backed that atlas peak myself @ 10s roll on punchestown next week heading down for the 5 days

Donnellys Hollow

Might pop over to the Curragh tomorrow to see this So You Think. Supposed to be a bit of a monster Down Under. Very interesting to see how he gets on in this hemisphere. High Chaparral has been a bit of a disappointment at stud so this horse could really give give him a bit of a shot in the arm.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

youbetterbelieveit

Donnelly don't forget to post any tips for the week, plenty of us watching this thread!

Donnellys Hollow

Impressed by So You Think today. He was entitled to win as he liked but he's an outstanding specimen physically. He has the scope to jump a fence! Should be a good clash with Workforce in the Tatts Gold Cup in a few weeks.

Hard to pick out many bets on the Punchestown card tomorrow. Given the way the weather has been in Kildare today, it will be lively enough ground no matter how much they've watered.

The novice hurdle looks a dire renewal. I won't be having a bet in it but Hidden Universe looks to me like the most likely winner.

The champion chase on the other hand looks a class renewal with the first four from Cheltenham reopposing. Again it looks tricky enough to find a betting angle and I would be surprised if they finished in the same order that they did last month.

Thegreatjohnbrowne should be primed to run a big race in the novice chase on his first run for JP. He'll be fresher than most of these and three miles should be no problem on this ground (I think Noel swerved Fairyhouse because he thought the shorter trip there might catch him out on quicker ground). He's a great e/w bet around the 9/2 mark.

I've had a brief look at the two bumpers which look very competitive as you'd expect. I will be keeping an eye on Black Zorro in the Land Rover bumper with a view to Waaheb's chances on Wednesday. Mags Mullins' horse, The Westener Boy, stands out on pedigree coming from the family of Gaye Brief and JT McNamara has been booked for the ride. The final bumper looks an absolute minefield. Henderson has two in it and Mullins has a half-brother to Morning Supreme entered. Very interesting to note that Jim Bolger has a King's Theatre gelding running. It's years since he had runners under National Hunt rules so the market might tell a lot.

wherefromref

Any fancies for Punchestown today fellas?

drici

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 02, 2011, 10:56:29 PM

Very interesting to note that Jim Bolger has a King's Theatre gelding running. It's years since he had runners under National Hunt rules so the market might tell a lot.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: drici on May 03, 2011, 01:01:00 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 02, 2011, 10:56:29 PM

Very interesting to note that Jim Bolger has a King's Theatre gelding running. It's years since he had runners under National Hunt rules so the market might tell a lot.

Whatever became of that Mr AP O'Brien lad?

beer baron

Black zorro expected to win,from the owner apparently!

Chief Whip

Is it possible to look past sizing europe?

Captain Cee Bee might enjoy the quick ground enough to make a go of this

AAAA

No fancies today lads? The whole of the board must be down at Punchestown! Never seen this thread as quiet

Candyman

He's Our Man @ 12's
Don't know the source so do with this as you wish...

AAAA

Ur tips are normally shocking candyman so think ill put a line through that one.

AAAA

What a joke. Candyman can u please refrain from posting silly tips on this? Some people actually follow it u know.

Mods? Can something be done here?

Brick Tamlin

anyone have the result of that race, first 5?

Armaghgael

Askthemaster in the 6.40 E/W
You heard it hear first 8) 8) 8)
If in doubt.......take man and ball!