The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: maddog on February 14, 2011, 03:36:19 PM
Was passed info on some nag called wymott which is supposedly Cheltenham bound and considered to be a "certainty", as if there is such a thing at the festival.
Anyone know anything about it ?

Its an Arkle horse isn't it? They were chatting about it on Channel 4 racing on Saturday. The "Female" as McCririck calls her (can't remember her real name) supposedly has a decent lump on it. Surely the form for all the major races at Cheltenham is so well analysed that nothing can be a "certainty" particularly at longer odds.

EDIT - Apologies, it seems as though Wymott is an RSA horse. Taking on the much fancied Time for Rupert.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: maddog on February 14, 2011, 03:36:19 PM
Was passed info on some nag called wymott which is supposedly Cheltenham bound and considered to be a "certainty", as if there is such a thing at the festival.
Anyone know anything about it ?

Nice horse. Bit of a dour staying type. Has won a few soft races around the gaff tracks in England. He wouldn't be my idea of a bet in the RSA at 12/1 but I wouldn't put anyone off having an e/w bet on him either.

McCain has a strong hand for the festival this year. I'd be very interested in Storming Gale if he goes for the three mile novice on the Friday.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Majestic Concorde only 5lbs inferior to Don't Push It and Neptune Collonges? You'd wonder sometimes if he actually wants Irish horses to travel to Aintree or not. DK would be better off running him on Easter Monday at Fairyhouse (where he'd probably be top weight) and putting a claimer on him.

The Midnight Club also looks highish at 10-13 but he'd still be my long term fancy for the race.

Donnellys Hollow

Will any of the layers be willing to take on Martin Scruff at Punchestown tomorrow?

He won with about a stone in hand at Thurles last week and runs again before the handicapper has a chance to reassess him (only has a 4lb penalty to carry). I'm considering a big bet if the price is right.

Good to see Fiveforthree back on the track and Call The Police should ensure Mullins has another good day.

youbetterbelieveit

Donnellys Hollow,

Any more fancies for today? would appreciate some direction on bets today at Punchestown.

Donnellys Hollow

Mullins should have a double in the first two races. Fiveforthree has been off the track for two years and the trip is short enough for him but he still should have way too much for this field. I'd be sweet enough on Call The Police in the second. He ran a cracker in the MCR having been off the track for a good stretch. Provided he doesn't bounce, he'll win. Neither will be much of a price though.

Martin Scruff has plenty in hand of the handicapper but the two firms that have priced it up so far aren't taking any chances at 4/6. Rest of the card looks trappy enough. Watching brief for those races. The market should be informative in the bumper because there's one or two with decent reputations and pedigrees.

Joxer

Brabazon should be there or there abouts in the 2.30 @ Lingfield. 

Returning to the track where he landed the massive gamble a couple of months ago

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Joxer on February 16, 2011, 09:37:58 AM

Returning to the track where he landed the massive gamble a couple of months ago

Emmet Butterly could go places as a trainer by the looks of things.

Anyone know why he gave up riding? He didn't strike me as someone who might have problems with his weight. He rode a few useful hurdlers that I was involved in down in Mick Halford's a few years ago and he looked like a lad that could go right to the top. Nice fella by all accounts.

Joxer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 09:48:45 AM

Emmet Butterly could go places as a trainer by the looks of things.

Anyone know why he gave up riding? He didn't strike me as someone who might have problems with his weight. He rode a few useful hurdlers that I was involved in down in Mick Halford's a few years ago and he looked like a lad that could go right to the top. Nice fella by all accounts.

He has another clinker in Cybersnow which should be seen nearer the start of the Irish flat season I believe.

Clown

Any prices in yet for Martin Scruff?

Joxer

Louth Exile

Had a look at Martin Scruff, first thing I noticed was the colours and assumed based on the colours and what DH was saying, that it was a Tony Martin horse! Elliott really has stole a lot of the thunder in south Meath! Jaysus, even has AJ's surname in the horses name....
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

youbetterbelieveit

Good call with the first two races Donnellys Hollow,
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 09:31:43 AM
Mullins should have a double in the first two races. Fiveforthree has been off the track for two years and the trip is short enough for him but he still should have way too much for this field. I'd be sweet enough on Call The Police in the second. He ran a cracker in the MCR having been off the track for a good stretch. Provided he doesn't bounce, he'll win. Neither will be much of a price though.

Martin Scruff has plenty in hand of the handicapper but the two firms that have priced it up so far aren't taking any chances at 4/6. Rest of the card looks trappy enough. Watching brief for those races. The market should be informative in the bumper because there's one or two with decent reputations and pedigrees.

Joxer

Won anyway @ 11/4

Megaman

Quote from: Joxer on February 16, 2011, 02:53:21 PM

Won anyway @ 11/4

good job joxer  -  had a very small treble come up with those fancies  ;D