The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oak Leafer

Joxer

Donnellys Hollow

Looks a very difficult card. Mourad will probably win but I've never liked him. Think he's a soft horse who won't land a blow when upped in class.

Have a small antepost investment on The Midnight Club for the Aintree National. He has more weight than is usually carried to victory in the Thyestes but I think he'll go well today. Looks made for a staying trip and I think Willie is going to lay him out for Liverpool.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Joxer

See money coming in for Gaelic Grounds too,  might do a wee Each Way Double for the interest.  Looks a decent card!

illdecide

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 28, 2011, 12:10:39 PM
Looks a very difficult card. Mourad will probably win but I've never liked him. Think he's a soft horse who won't land a blow when upped in class.

Have a small antepost investment on The Midnight Club for the Aintree National. He has more weight than is usually carried to victory in the Thyestes but I think he'll go well today. Looks made for a staying trip and I think Willie is going to lay him out for Liverpool.

How do you rate alpha ridge's chance in that race today DH?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Oak Leafer

Joxer,

I got word for Gaelic Grounds this morning!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: illdecide on January 28, 2011, 12:22:19 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 28, 2011, 12:10:39 PM

How do you rate alpha ridge's chance in that race today DH?

His form with Pandorama reads well so he certainly has ability but he is still a maiden over fences which suggests he might not be the most genuine. I wouldn't place a huge amount of trust in him tbh.

Donnellys Hollow

That was a fabulous trial for Liverpool from The Midnight Club. Looking forward to seeing the weights come out now.

Norf Tyrone

What's a 'bumper' race mean in racing terms?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Big Puff

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 29, 2011, 02:31:21 PM
What's a 'bumper' race mean in racing terms?

jump horses racing without the hurdles.

to get young horses ready.

Donnellys Hollow

This Grand Crus has improved out of all recognition. I think he'll give Big Bucks a right go.

Lot of money for Tom Cooper's mare in the bumper at Fairyhouse. Sluiced up in a schooling bumper recently beating a well regarded horse of Eoin Griffin's.

the greatest jockey

no reason i can see for big zeb not winning tomorrow, beat golden silver last time out in heavy ground, golden silvers had a hard race since and sizing europe is probably a little below these in terms of class. 8/11 looks generous enough in my view

Donnellys Hollow

Might be as well off backing him for the Champion Chase before tomorrow. The bookies are sure to shave a point and a bit off that 3/1 after Master Minded's "performance" last weekend.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 29, 2011, 03:48:42 PM
This Grand Crus has improved out of all recognition. I think he'll give Big Bucks a right go.

Lot of money for Tom Cooper's mare in the bumper at Fairyhouse. Sluiced up in a schooling bumper recently beating a well regarded horse of Eoin Griffin's.

Unbelieveably impressive. That's as taken as I've ever been with a performance. Its difficult to oppose Big Bucks but I think Grands Crus represents slightly better value. I wonder if Punchestowns will revert back to the smaller obstacles for the Festival.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the greatest jockey

henderson said one more run over fences then theyll decide, reckon big bucks could have done that to todays field if asked to, this years world hurdle cdefnietly looks more competitive, mourad and a fully fit bensalem in the mix too