The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Good lad Dh only for you i'd be broke for new years!Had our girl salley,then decided the only value in zaidpours race would be a forecast and remembered you mentioning first lieutenant before so put him and zaidpour in the reverse f/c!
Should've quit there though but got a call to back bautiful sound and cayo levantado,got beautiful sound at 8's and then he got backed off the boards so i was near counting my money and he came nowhere and Cayo levantado goes off and finishes nowhere with his stablemate winning the race! ::)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Hurricane Fly still 9/2 for champion hurdle with Corals. Generally 7/2 and 3/1 with Boyles, Betfred and StanJames. I suppose its a real ante-post risk given his previous record of failing to make Cheltenham. Unless Menorah or Binocular do something special in the meantime, I presume he'll go off about 2/1 if he makes it to Prestwick Park?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Where's Prestwick Park TAM? I hope he doesn't end up there in March!  ;)

He's the kind of horse you'd want to back NRNB. If he gets there he would be a massive plunge horse on the day. Walsh will probably ride him and he'll be the main Irish hope unless Dunguib does something special in the meantime. The English punters will be divided between Menorah, Binocular and Peddlers Cross. 2/1 or shorter I'd say. The Tuesday is always the day for the big plunge on an Irish hotpot. Lads head over with a full wallet and can't wait to get stuck into a big favourite.

Willie has also said he'll possibly have two more runs in the interim (Irish Champion and the Red Mills presumably). If he wasn't to come off the bridle in either of those he'll be even shorter. Good to see there's one of the top trainers who doesn't buy into this "straight to Cheltenham" nonsense.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 29, 2010, 10:15:48 PM
Where's Prestwick Park TAM? I hope he doesn't end up there in March!  ;)

He's the kind of horse you'd want to back NRNB. If he gets there he would be a massive plunge horse on the day. Walsh will probably ride him and he'll be the main Irish hope unless Dunguib does something special in the meantime. The English punters will be divided between Menorah, Binocular and Peddlers Cross. 2/1 or shorter I'd say. The Tuesday is always the day for the big plunge on an Irish hotpot. Lads head over with a full wallet and can't wait to get stuck into a big favourite.

Willie has also said he'll possibly have two more runs in the interim (Irish Champion and the Red Mills presumably). If he wasn't to come off the bridle in either of those he'll be even shorter. Good to see there's one of the top trainers who doesn't buy into this "straight to Cheltenham" nonsense.

Knew there was something wrong with that sentence! Prestbury of course, not the Glasgow airport.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

beer baron

Keep an eye on alll Gordon Elliots horses today,it could pay  big time  ;)

Hardy

Nick Pullen makes a case for Hey Big Spender in the Victor Chandler:
http://www.horseracingfocus.co.uk/articles_dec10.html

15 runners are due to go to post but the entry that catches my eye
is Colin Tizzard's 7-year old - Hey Big Spender. He went well for a
long time at Newbury in the Hennessy back in November - leading the
field for much of the way. He went off too fast as it turned out
and was very tired by the time he fell at the last fence.

He may well have pulled too hard. He has a history of being held up
but his prominence that day suggests he was fizzy. I can't imagine
forcing the pace was considered a tactical necessity - not in an 18
runner field and when trying the trip for the first time.

That race was run over 3m2f - and there's a suspicion that Hey Big
Spender doesn't fully get that. At least not yet. He has won one of
his 5 efforts at 3m+ - but that was a small field affair in heavy
ground at Carlisle and it would be a mistake to place too much
faith in the value of that form. On the clock it was nothing
special.

Tomorrow's step back in trip will suit the horse down to the
ground. All 3 times he's stood up in a race over 2m4f to 2m6f he
has won
- he unseated his rider at the Festival in March and then
fell at Aintree on the other two occasions he's raced at what looks
like his optimum trip.

There are clearly one or two issues with his jumping - but he went
well enough at Newbury until he fell and he's won over the
Cheltenham fences before when taking a novice chase over 2m5f last
January - beating Edgbriar and Midnight Chase by 10 and 16 lengths
respectively. Both those have improved and won races subsequently
and if Hey Big Spender can improve a little on that effort he will
go very close here.

He is certainly open to improvement. With just 8 chases under his
belt - and some of those at trips we're not sure he fully gets -
he's more progressive than most of those he'll be up against
tomorrow.

Back at a trip he obviously excels at he'll represent my first bet
of the New Year.

beer baron

I'm sstill half cut with 1 eye open and 1 closed here but impressive write up nonetheless hardy!As i tried find hey big speder i bumped into celestial halo-if he run anything near his best he's a steal e/w at 4/1!
Trendeleburg was entered to run today but too lazy to check for an hour or 2  to see if he does run and no word for him  but he was expected to win the other day and the horse that beat him went up 9 pounds or so yday and still won so............

Hardy

Quote from: beer baron on January 01, 2011, 10:39:24 AM
I'm sstill half cut with 1 eye open and 1 closed here but impressive write up nonetheless hardy!As i tried find hey big speder i bumped into celestial halo-if he run anything near his best he's a steal e/w at 4/1!
Trendeleburg was entered to run today but too lazy to check for an hour or 2  to see if he does run and no word for him  but he was expected to win the other day and the horse that beat him went up 9 pounds or so yday and still won so............
Agreed - I'm on!

Hardy

Ah well - a nice consolation is that I backed Oscar Whisky at 95 ante-post for the Champion Hurdle to trade out. Now 20.

RealSpiritof98

The Sliotar
According to Pete
Hey BIg Spender
Warne Way

Today Lucky 'Lucky'

beer baron

Quote from: Hardy on January 01, 2011, 01:04:03 PM
Ah well - a nice consolation is that I backed Oscar Whisky at 95 ante-post for the Champion Hurdle to trade out. Now 20.

Now that's tidy hurling!Sell about 10 percent of it!

Hardy

Quote from: Hardy on December 31, 2010, 05:12:21 PM
Nick Pullen makes a case for Hey Big Spender in the Victor Chandler

It made a lot more sense before the race than now.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Hardy on January 01, 2011, 02:42:00 PM
Quote from: Hardy on December 31, 2010, 05:12:21 PM
Nick Pullen makes a case for Hey Big Spender in the Victor Chandler

It made a lot more sense before the race than now.

Stuffed after the 1st, I couldn't pick bogies from Phil Thompson nose FFS

beer baron

Jays Trendelenburg made hard work of it!

118cmal

Anyone any fancies for tomorrow?  Dh I'm looking at you  :D