The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 25, 2010, 12:48:24 PM
Quote from: Joxer on November 25, 2010, 11:07:59 AM
Any fancies today DH?

Not today. That Thurles card is pure muck.

I've had a small investment on Finians Rainbow for the Arkle so I'm looking forward to seeing him run. Hopefully I'll have the option of trading out at a shorter price post-race.

I see the RTÉ website has a stream of the Newbury card today. I don't think they're showing Fairyhouse on Sunday though which is ridiculous.

ya shud be going 2 fairyhouse

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bridge fan on November 25, 2010, 08:55:24 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 25, 2010, 12:48:24 PM
Quote from: Joxer on November 25, 2010, 11:07:59 AM
Any fancies today DH?

Not today. That Thurles card is pure muck.

I've had a small investment on Finians Rainbow for the Arkle so I'm looking forward to seeing him run. Hopefully I'll have the option of trading out at a shorter price post-race.

I see the RTÉ website has a stream of the Newbury card today. I don't think they're showing Fairyhouse on Sunday though which is ridiculous.

ya shud be going 2 fairyhouse

I'll be heading up to it alright provided the roads aren't icy in the morning.

It's still bad form from RTÉ to subtly drop this from their schedule just like they did with the Thyestes and the Irish Champion Stakes. This is the best days NH racing in Ireland apart from the two big festivals - Leopardstown (Christmas) and Punchestown (April). I don't think there's another card this side of Cheltenham in either Britain or Ireland that has three Grade 1s on it.

ATR do a good job with their resources but there's only so many ad breaks you can put up with and there's always some crap card from the bucket and sand tracks over in England that clashes with the big races. RTÉ will still show 4 days of dross from Galway and will tell us how it's the Irish Cheltenham! Give the covergae to TG4 who will do it justice. Their coverage of Listowel is excellent every year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Tocca Ferro in the 2pm @ Newbury will be my bet of the day
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

118cmal

Denman out to 11/2 now.  Worth a punt lads?

Donnellys Hollow

Fairyhouse off  ::)

You'd think HRI would have invested in a few frost covers by now.

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 27, 2010, 11:34:52 AM
Tocca Ferro in the 2pm @ Newbury will be my bet of the day

this horse is the real deal lads  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Family guy

Gona say it now denmans day lads,hope yous are all on,happy xmas to all

Family guy

Hardy

Great effort by Denman, but Ch4 would sicken you with their hyping of the Nicholls horses - it's not about the winner but about Denman's "glorious failure". There are other horses in the race lads. A pity we didn't get to see Pandorama compete after he was taken out of it early.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on November 27, 2010, 03:17:56 PM
Great effort by Denman, but Ch4 would sicken you with their hyping of the Nicholls horses - it's not about the winner but about Denman's "glorious failure". There are other horses in the race lads. A pity we didn't get to see Pandorama compete after he was taken out of it early.

Agreed. The montage with Arkle was fairly nauseating. The Racing Post are the same when it comes to Nicholls.

Pandorama got no luck at all. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes and beats Diamond Harry in the Lexus.

Hardy

Ruby's just come out with one that'll make those lists of head-shaker commentators' comments - "a horse that's going forward is easier to ride than a horse that's going backwards".

Donnellys Hollow

Donnellys Hollow

Very little chance of racing going ahead at Fairyhouse on Thursday.

Hopefully the thaw comes before Punchestown on Sunday. They could reschedule the three Grade 1s onto that card along with the John Durkan. I'd say Sandown this weekend is odds against to race as well.

RealSpiritof98

word for indian wish at Wolverhampton. 3/1

RealSpiritof98