The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnDenver

Quote from: Minder on November 09, 2010, 03:27:49 PM
When there are five runners is it the first two for placepot?

Aye as far I know it is first 2 placed when there is 5, 6 or 7 entries in the race.

Minder

Quote from: JohnDenver on November 09, 2010, 03:39:45 PM

Aye as far I know it is first 2 placed when there is 5, 6 or 7 entries in the race.

Good job, have first five up at Exeter.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JohnDenver

Quote from: Minder on November 09, 2010, 03:41:13 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on November 09, 2010, 03:39:45 PM

Good job, have first five up at Exeter.

Are you gonna scud yourself and name your last pick?  :P

favourites placed in all but the last race.

Minder

Dun See Dee. There, scud placed.

Minder

£41.70. Do me alright for a pound.

armagho9

i see Barney Curley has a few out in Huntington tomorrow could be worth keeping an eye on in betting

Donnellys Hollow

Big day for Edward O'Grady at Naas tomorrow. Shot From The Hip (JP has snapped him up from the Magniers) and Staying Article both make their hurdling debuts.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Minder on November 09, 2010, 04:08:34 PM
£41.70. Do me alright for a pound.

Good enuf. 40 notes on a Tuesday can't be frowned at. Get it lumped on the football now!

the greatest jockey

laid a bit of rivage dor at 1.16, seems to idle up front. staying article looks a v good prosepct

Donnellys Hollow

Staying Article is going to take high rank among our novices. That was a strong maiden - Forty Foot Tom has some excellent bumper form and Kid Curry is highly thought of by Noel Meade although he's yet to show it on the track. That Gigginstown horse is an appalling beast though. How it went off odds-on I'll never know.

Shot From The Hip had a nice enough introduction. He'll win races this winter for sure.

Joxer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 10, 2010, 02:30:14 PM
Staying Article is going to take high rank among our novices. That was a strong maiden - Forty Foot Tom has some excellent bumper form and Kid Curry is highly thought of by Noel Meade although he's yet to show it on the track. That Gigginstown horse is an appalling beast though. How it went off odds-on I'll never know.

Shot From The Hip had a nice enough introduction. He'll win races this winter for sure.

You called your fancy again DH.  Looks a great prospect for the winter!  I wonder when you will see it next?  Over Christmas perhaps?  Poor enough card for the rest of the day!  Any other fancies DH?

Donnellys Hollow

I'd imagine he'll go for the Royal Bond at Fairyhouse a fortnight on Saturday if he comes out of the race okay. Don't really have a strong fancy for anything else on today's card - Meade's should win the maiden hurdle at 3:15 but he's short enough. Scoter Fontaine in the 3:10 at Bangor is another interesting horse so a small short priced double might be the way to go.

The Clonmel Oil card tomorrow is always a quality day's racing. I'll have a look over it later.

the greatest jockey

dont know what happened medemrit but laid him at 1.15, lifes good today. tranquil sea shud be too good tomoro, dont know about the price. edward o'grady was on atr there, mentioned a slight concern about going right handed

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: the greatest jockey on November 10, 2010, 02:56:23 PM
dont know what happened medemrit but laid him at 1.15, lifes good today. tranquil sea shud be too good tomoro, dont know about the price. edward o'grady was on atr there, mentioned a slight concern about going right handed

Looked to have either ran out or refused - hard to tell from the camera angle. Ante-post fav for the Arkle!  :D

Lecale2