The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Just goes to show my text i got earlier in the week to tell me the disgusting amounts Magnier and the boys wer putting on him to win were unjustified!

Lecale2

Got word for Oor Jock in the first at Gowran Park. 13/2 available on betfair.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 02, 2010, 09:52:10 AM
Got word for Oor Jock in the first at Gowran Park. 13/2 available on betfair.
1,2,3 AP O'Brien, yours up next  :(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on May 02, 2010, 09:18:30 AM
Just goes to show my text i got earlier in the week to tell me the disgusting amounts Magnier and the boys wer putting on him to win were unjustified!

I wouldn't be so sure about that BB. Anyone I was talking to down Fethard way was supremely confident. I wouldn't buy all Aidan's usual spin about being delighted with the run and how this was a great prep for the Derby. He looked shocked after the race. This was the crucial race for this colt - if they could get a son of Montjeu to win a classic over a mile he could be a goldmine for them. He was ready enough for that race yesterday but he simply wasn't good/quick enough.

Chinese White in the 4.00 at Gowran Park to get some money back today. DK has always thought an awful lot of this filly and it would be no surprise to see her land a Group 1 this summer. If she's that good she should be easily good enough for Listed level today.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 02, 2010, 02:46:52 PM
Quote from: beer baron on May 02, 2010, 09:18:30 AM

Chinese White in the 4.00 at Gowran Park to get some money back today. DK has always thought an awful lot of this filly and it would be no surprise to see her land a Group 1 this summer. If she's that good she should be easily good enough for Listed level today.

Nailed that one DH!!!   ;D ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 02, 2010, 02:46:52 PM

Very easy. I'd be very interested in her if she pitched up in the Pretty Polly on Derby weekend at the Curragh.

I'm stunned by the stewards' decision in the 1000 Guineas at Newmarket though. I didn't have a bet in the race but the decision to throw out the winner was farcical. Gile Na Gréine ran a cracker back in third. By Galileo out of a Danehill mare - every chance she'd get 1m4. 12/1 for the Oaks at the moment.

beer baron

youbetterbelieveit

Plenty of racing action today lads, any fancies we should be checking out?

Donnellys Hollow

I liked Stack's filly Lolly For Dolly on debut and there's plenty of money around for her in the next at the Curragh. Big gamble on Endless Intrigue for DK and Robbie McNamara in the bumper too.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 03, 2010, 03:10:11 PM
I liked Stack's filly Lolly For Dolly on debut and there's plenty of money around for her in the next at the Curragh

I like her even more now! You can't keep the Stacks down at the moment. Irish 1000 Guineas filly?

youbetterbelieveit

>:( fecking missed your tip with 'Lolly For Dolly' she looked an easy winner alright, should I look at endless intrigue?

Donnellys Hollow

Plenty of cash about for it. Was well fancied for Cheltenham where he ran no race. DK won the Punchestown Champion Bumper with Hidden Universe after he flopped at Cheltenham so he should have a good view of the form.

GaillimhIarthair

Anything for Chester today lads?  Seems to be a fair few punting guru's on this site  :)

sammymaguire

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on May 07, 2010, 11:01:20 AM
Anything for Chester today lads?  Seems to be a fair few punting guru's on this site  :)

debatable that...  ;D  ;D  :o Confessional in the 3.15 is my E/W nap of the day at 7/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 07, 2010, 11:34:09 AM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on May 07, 2010, 11:01:20 AM

debatable that...  ;D  ;D  :o Confessional in the 3.15 is my E/W nap of the day at 7/1

Im bankrupt!!!  :D