The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Given what Donnelly said, something that loves the mud and stays longer than the mother in law!! Not the ground for carrying big weights but a race that often has plenty of horse running from out of the handicap! (That was no use at all, I know  ;D )

Hope the feck it goes ahead, I assume the sensible thing is to pull Sunday (or at least any chase races) to give the ground every chance for Monday? They are inspecting at the moment:
http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=43825
Hope all goes well, looking forward to an afternoon in the club to enjoy the races   :(
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ONeill

Illicit 4 40 folkestone each way
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: ONeill on April 01, 2010, 02:36:01 PM

Haven't seen a tip from you before Shane, so I am trusting you and have put the money for the kids, wife, mother and mother inlaws easter eggs on it.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

leenie

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 01, 2010, 12:24:41 AM
Good drying day today. I'd say we'll race alright. It'll be bottomless though.

You should have waited for Punchestown Leenie! Much better festival.

ya never know i could get the buzz and go there too....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 01, 2010, 03:00:07 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 01, 2010, 02:36:01 PM

Haven't seen a tip from you before Shane, so I am trusting you and have put the money for the kids, wife, mother and mother inlaws easter eggs on it.

Ditto. Lets hope this is not one of O'Neills April Fools.
New season - new reason

CentreHalfBack

4.40 @ Folkestone now going off @5.15

4.10 now going of @ 4.40
New season - new reason

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Hardy

Quote from: maddog on April 01, 2010, 08:21:42 AM
Any thoughts on the Irish national ? Had been looking at that Beroni but i think it has since been pulled out of it.

Alpha Ridge and an e.w. on Double Dizzy for me. 

Donnellys Hollow

Trappy card at Fairyhouse tomorrow. The ground will ensure it'll take some getting and I can't see any real betting proposition tomorrow. Zaarito is a worthy fav for the Powers but his jumping lets him down too often. I liked Forty Foot Tom on debut but I understand a sale to Dr Lambe fell through recently (was due to go into training with Jim Culloty) because of some physical problem the horse had. I'll be keeping a watching brief on him in the bumper with a view to Punchestown.

Tommy Stack has two unraced horses in the maidens down at Mallow tomorrow. Keep an eye out for any positive market moves.

Looking ahead to Monday I've had a few bob e/w on Paul Flynn's Bronte Bay at a massive price for the National. He's yet to win a chase but he ran respectably behind the favourite Saddlers Storm last time out (bt 11L) and has a small pull in the weights. Should stay the trip well and will handle the ground having won a maiden hurdle over three miles in a bog at Navan a few years ago.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

cheers DH, still recovering from Cheltenham so been very quiet on the gg front for me

Luska Lad is a great wee horse and will always give you a run for your money another good horse is Gemini Storm running at Towcester this afternoon

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

The Stacks have done it again down at Mallow with Lolly For Dolly in the fillies maiden. Well backed and scooted up.

That Luska Lad is one tough horse Sammy. It's a pity he's not as good left handed though. He looks like he'll make a lovely chaser.

Hardy

Strangely the second Stack runner is drifting. Blasket Spirit 9.4 on Betfair from as low as 4 (for small money). I'd have thought the bandwagon would be well and truly rolling and punters would be backing any donkey with the Stack name in the trainer column. I'm dumb enough to follow the trend anyhow because you'd be kicking yourself if it went in too.

Donnellys Hollow

Zaarito goes arse over head yet again. How many Grade 1s will this horse throw away? That's three this season - Irish Arkle, the Moriarty & the Powers.

sammymaguire

nice little double landed this afternoon  :D ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Atticus_Finch

Does anyone know what the story is about the runners for the aintree grand national ?

Is it today that the list of runners gets confirmed and how is it decided what horses will run etc.  ?

I've a couple of ridiculous ante-post bets waiting to go up in smoke !

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."