The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Yip  ;) £40 better off because of it! BTW it wasn't just the name. He beat his main rival in this race last time out.

Donnellys Hollow

Good card at Nás na Ríogh tomorrow to top up the Cheltenham bank.

Rare Bob worked the house down at Leopardstown last week and looks potentially well treated off 154 for the Leinster National. I'd be very interested in his chances if he is 2/1 or bigger. Zaarito will be a much shorter price for the novice chase but he is a class above these rivals having chased home the mighty Captain Cee Bee at this track in December. IF he jumps round (has already fallen three times over fences) he should oblige. Might be one to back with Paddy Power's Faller Insurance offer.

Anyone else see Field Lieutenant in the bumper at Gowran today? Looks a serious horse - the new War Of Attrition?  :o
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Sublimity out of the champion  :( Hopefuly get to see him again at some stage.Hard luck to hennessy and his crew.

sammymaguire

Oscars Well in the bumper at Naas
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Homer

Totesport are offering evens on Dunguib until 1pm NRNB if anyone is interested

winsamsoon

Quote from: Homer on March 08, 2010, 12:37:02 PM
Totesport are offering evens on Dunguib until 1pm NRNB if anyone is interested

I am now angela rippin as i have only seen this now
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Donnellys Hollow

The cynic in me thinks this is a bit of codology out of the Byrnes yard given their history. Probably wants to get a big price about him á la Fargo Boyle in the Craggy Island King Of The Sheep!

Dunguib's price for the Champion Hurdle is tumbling though. Shorter than Solwhit and Binocular on Betfair a while ago.

Homer

Aye, was thinking something similar. Wouldn't be getting carried away with anything myself.

Solwhit hit 40's on Betfair for a while (currrently sits at 16.0).

Donnellys Hollow

Russell has been quick to play down his chances at all the preview nights as well. I'd be confident he'll line up in 8 days time.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 08, 2010, 01:50:26 PM
The cynic in me thinks this is a bit of codology out of the Byrnes yard given their history. Probably wants to get a big price about him á la Fargo Boyle in the Craggy Island King Of The Sheep!

Dunguib's price for the Champion Hurdle is tumbling though. Shorter than Solwhit and Binocular on Betfair a while ago.

You a worried man DH?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Not really TAM because I've already covered myself with a few Champion Hurdle bets. I'll still lose fairly hefty even if he wins the CH but I doubt he'll run in it anyway. There'll be too big a backlash from punters and I'm not sure if the horse is even up to that level yet - he hasn't been off the bridle over hurdles yet and there's no way he could win a Champion Hurdle hard held no matter how good he is.

Fenton is at the preview night in Salthill tonight and I'm sure he'll confirm again that he'll stick to the novice route. I think he considers Go Native more of a threat than Solwhit anyway though Meade won't be too pleased to hear talk of watering the track already.

RealSpiritof98

afternoon flutter,

Orange Rip,
Total impact
Magnetic pole
Bubbly braveheart

yankee

armagho9

not tips just two i like the look of today

Salontyre ew in 3.00 Exeter

Over the Creek  ew 3.30 Exeter