The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 22, 2010, 12:24:04 PM
Alavian was the most impressive winner at the weekend imo. I backed him ante-post for the trimuph hurdle so Im happy enough with that.

I'd more or less given up on that bet after the run at Christmas so it's great to be on the antepost favourite now!

Wouldn't be backing him again at the current odds though. I'd worry about him staying on that New Course. Always takes a lot more getting than the 2m1 track on the Old Course that the Champion and the Supreme are ran on.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

hectorsheroes

Any tips today? Yer man in the newsletter wise owl is never far away

Homer

Quote from: Catch the high ball on February 19, 2010, 10:51:00 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 18, 2010, 08:55:17 PM
Mikael D'Haguenet entered up at Fairyhouse next Wednesday in a beginners chase  :o
Can't wait to see if this boyo is as good over fences than he was over hurdles. Hope he makes it to Cheltenham as I put a few quid each way on him for the RSA and Arkle when I seen the entry for next week. The Horse Tracker is some invention.

Mikael won't be running today but has entries at Navan (Sat) and Leopardstown (Sun) over the weekend, hopefully we get a look at him then

Mickey Linden

Lad in work got word for West with the Wind. 330 Ludlow.

Mickey Linden

Apologies lads, back to the drawing board!

sammymaguire

4.25 at Lingfield, Prince Charlemagne runs at his favourite course so gonna back that plus I like the look of Hi Dancer in the 4.15 at Doncaster. that might do me for today...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lecale2

Sammy - I'm reporting you to Ziggy the Mod for posting shite tips!  >:(

sammymaguire

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 24, 2010, 04:33:54 PM
Sammy - I'm reporting you to Ziggy the Mod for posting shite tips!  >:(

i'd have been kicked off months ago if that was an offence  :P  ::) you pick a winner tomorrow smart guy  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Homer on February 24, 2010, 10:58:21 AM
Quote from: Catch the high ball on February 19, 2010, 10:51:00 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 18, 2010, 08:55:17 PM
Mikael D'Haguenet entered up at Fairyhouse next Wednesday in a beginners chase  :o
Can't wait to see if this boyo is as good over fences than he was over hurdles. Hope he makes it to Cheltenham as I put a few quid each way on him for the RSA and Arkle when I seen the entry for next week. The Horse Tracker is some invention.

Mikael won't be running today but has entries at Navan (Sat) and Leopardstown (Sun) over the weekend, hopefully we get a look at him then

The Navan race is over 2m4 with the Leopardstown race over the minimum trip. Wouldn't surprise me if he ran at Leopardstown because the ground will probably be better than it will be at Navan and it is a more prestigious race - should provide a better test of his jumping.

If he were to win over two miles on Sunday then you'd have to assume Willie would be looking more at the Arkle rather than the RSA. He is a significantly bigger price for the Arkle but I might have a few bob on to cover some of my Captain Cee Bee bets when the weekend entries come out. That said, there can't be too many Arkle or RSA winners that were yet to see a fence in public near the end of February and I'm not talking about the little Maginot Line things they jump in France.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Lecale2

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 24, 2010, 08:18:08 PM

i'd have been kicked off months ago if that was an offence  :P  ::) you pick a winner tomorrow smart guy  ;)

Always one to rise to a challenge. I'll go for Quadrillon in the 1.55 at Thurles.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 25, 2010, 11:42:33 AM
Quote from: sammymaguire on February 24, 2010, 08:18:08 PM

Always one to rise to a challenge. I'll go for Quadrillon in the 1.55 at Thurles.
unplaced lecale... never mind  ::)  ::)

You might get your money back on Good Time Donie 13/8 in the next or Mullins horse Octavian Evs in the bumper always good run for your money with them... Lisdonagh House in the 2.30 is another one worth keeping an eye on, good luck
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

beer baron

beer baron

Tip,but you know yourself,nothing's a cert.

Family guy

yeah know wat u are saying,good man will give it a go anyway,bita drinking money for the weekend maybe lol