The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Silky on February 03, 2010, 06:18:59 PM
Right I've borrowed €50 and I'll take ur advice Winsam. You can't be any worse than that othe whore Lubermor!

you backed it each way of course!!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Silky

Betting EW @ 11/2 is for wimps!

No i didn't.   >:(

winsamsoon

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 03, 2010, 10:26:22 PM
Quote from: Silky on February 03, 2010, 06:18:59 PM
Right I've borrowed €50 and I'll take ur advice Winsam. You can't be any worse than that othe whore Lubermor!

you backed it each way of course!!

Sorry lad i scalped it myself but got the money back with a footy treble
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ludermor

Quote from: Treasurer on February 03, 2010, 03:30:20 PM
Someone lumped money on, jumped into 4/1 on betfair and straight back out to 6/1. 

I'll miss my car though, Luder any chance of a lift? :)
LOL ill be thumbing beside ya!

Donnellys Hollow

Decent little card at Clonmel tomorrow. Willie has found a lovely race for Glencove Marina to make his comeback over fences. If he retains any of his ability from two years ago when he looked a Gold Cup horse in waiting, he should overturn the Thyestes winner Whinstone Boy. Hopefully there'll be some odds-against available in the morning.

For Bill looks nailed in the mares novice hurdle. She has a string of ones next to her name and she hammered the likely second favourite in a Navan bumper back in November. The drop back in trip shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience given the likely going.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

todays bets (personal fancies)

1:45 Clonmel EW Capitoline Hill   
  2:20 Wincanton Henry King
  3:45 Clonmel Glencove Marina
  4:15 Clonmel EW Castleview Mills
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Silky on February 03, 2010, 11:12:42 PM
Betting EW @ 11/2 is for wimps!

No i didn't.   >:(

e/w betting at odds of 4/1 or bigger (for 1/4 the odds, 5/1 for 1/5 the odds) is an absolute must if you want to produce a profit. There's a reason all of the on-course layers in England offer such stingy place terms. They hate e/w punters.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 04, 2010, 11:36:40 AM
todays bets (personal fancies)

1:45 Clonmel EW Capitoline Hill   
  2:20 Wincanton Henry King
  3:45 Clonmel Glencove Marina
  4:15 Clonmel EW Castleview Mills

Never saw that he was running today. Definitely capable of winning a little novice hurdle if he has recovered from his fall last time out.

sammymaguire

market told the story in the Henry King race....  :-[  just been told the money behind Theresathingwrong in the 4.15 is genuine, although I might stick with my fancy or do a rev f/cast on them  ??? and OHIO GOLD in the 4.20 is also expectd to go close
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

beer baron

sammymaguire

racing getting back to some kind of normality, last one of the afternoon, Know No Fear e/w 4.50  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Family guy

aahman in the 7.20 wolverhampton,pay the weekend

beer baron

aahman 8/13 on the a/w - madness

beer baron

Told ya only mugs back them kinda prices on the all weather

sammymaguire

shorty but Abergavenny will win the 1.45 currently 4/5 and 3 fancies at Bangor
FABULU 1.50
AMERICAN CRICKET 3.35
ECHO POINT 4.45
COSMETIC 3.20 Catterick outside bet of the day for me 40/1

A few shorties in here but leads me to lucky 15 with

Grey Command
Warrior One
Imbongi
Abergavenny

and £5 e/w treble on
Spellchecker, Hayes Princess and Art of War

Noun De La Thinte (2.25) is strongly fancied to beat Den Of Iniquity under her light weight, Hayes Princess (3.35) is crying out for this trip and has seriously impressed her trainer of late. He has been waiting for softer ground with her and thinks she could easily be a 130 – 140 horse by the years out. Off 108 she is considered seriously well handicapped and firmly expected to score.

At Catterick, Warrior One (1.35) is expected and another which should also run well is Spellchecker (3.55).

At Wolverhampton, Grey Command (5.05) can go in again. Thundering Home (5.35) is off a decent mark to score here. Into Wain (8.05) will be no price but will win. The Great Husk can chase him home.

At Meydan, Presvis (3.15) worked very well on Tuesday and should gag up here. Asset (4.35) used to work a good 20lb better at home on the Tapeta gallop than he showed on course and with that in mind he will be seriously hard to beat. Imbongi (5.10) is strongly expected. Zirconeum (5.45) may not be well drawn but his work suggests he is a group horse who will be one of the main ones to follow this carnival. This looks an open contest and he is taken to win this. Secrecy (6.20) has been working well enough to take this. Art Of War (6.55) knows much more this time.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!