The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 28, 2010, 11:05:59 PM
Don't bother with the dross tomorrow and get stuck into Karabak in the Cleeve Hurdle at Cheltenham on Saturday. Knocking e/w bet for the Stayers Hurdle at the festival as well.

Is he running in this race?

Mickey Linden

Just seen on the racing post site that he wasnt int he final declaration for this race. Have u done your money then Donnelly? Nightmare if u have

Donnellys Hollow

Thankfully didn't have it on before the final decs stage but there goes the one chance of free money this weekend. Going to put half the stake I was going to have on Karabak into my Dunguib portfolio instead!

I wasn't really convinced with Sports Line before last Sunday but now I think you could be onto a very good bet. Cousin Vinny certainly won't end up in the Arkle and its looking more unlikely by the day that Mikael D'Haguenet will make the festival. I don't think its cut and dried that Ruby will ride Tataniano either who looks a typical Nicholls hype horse to me anyway (1/5 for a novice at Newbury at 2.05 today). They went way too fast up front in the Irish Arkle and Sports Line was keen in behind the leaders. He was the only one of the runners that was handy to keep going at the end though as Take The Breeze and Major Finnegan fell back twenty lengths having been close coming to the last. He definitely has solid claims in the Arkle if he improves again (I doubt An Cathaoir Mor will ever beat him again) but I won't be deserting Captain Cee Bee at this stage.

Quel Esprit was a bit of a disappointment for me. There didn't appear to be any excuses for his reversal and he wouldn't be my idea of a Cheltenham bet now for either the 2m5 or 3 mile novice race. I think Rite Of Passage will be our main hope in the 2m5 and Shinrock Paddy in the 3 mile. I think Rite Of Passage will go close if DK goes down the longer route (no point in chasing Dunguib's backside in the Supreme). Very impressed with Shinrock Paddy at Navan myself but I'd say the English might have a stronger hand among the staying novice hurdlers.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 29, 2010, 12:34:53 PM
I don't think its cut and dried that Ruby will ride Tataniano either who looks a typical Nicholls hype horse to me anyway (1/5 for a novice at Newbury at 2.05 today).

There you go now Mickey lad. Arkle horse me hole!  :D

Odds on Ruby will be on Sports Line now unless Mikael D makes it.

saffron sam2

Mr Syntax is running in the 4:15 at Doncaster.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Donnellys Hollow

Plenty of market confidence behind it by the looks of things

Donnellys Hollow

Only found Jessie Harrington's raider too good. Nice e/w punt Saffron

sammymaguire

Wolverhampton, Alf Tupper 5.10pm e/w shout (another crap one)

my own personal fancies this evening; could be a quiet weekend
  5:40 Wolverhampton
Total Impact @ 6/4 
  6:10 Wolverhampton
Indian Skipper  @ 7/2 
  6:40 Wolverhampton
Interchoice Star  @ 7/2 
  7:10 Wolverhampton
Right Option  @ 5/1 
  7:40 Wolverhampton
Dobravany  @ 20/1 
  8:10 Wolverhampton
Grey Command  @ 9/2
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

OverTheBlackSpot

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 29, 2010, 04:30:53 PM
Wolverhampton, Alf Tupper 5.10pm e/w shout

Daniel Thomas looks hard to past(on the nose)
See Radiator Rooney back out, any tips for it these week.

beer baron

Sorry lads dunno what happened,gilded age was the 1 that was meant to be primed for this race but drifted big time in the betting so dunno what happened....?Still ran a pretty good race so keep an eye on it.

randomtask

radiator rooney 6:40 worth a shout??

saffron sam2

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 29, 2010, 04:21:49 PM
Only found Jessie Harrington's raider too good. Nice e/w punt Saffron

Did it straight. Thought the odds were a bit short for e/w.

Well worth watching I'm told.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

sammymaguire

katchit in the 3.40 for me today
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Two more of Dunguib's rivals (Royal Charm and General Miller) taste defeat at Cheltenham.  :)

Massey-135

fucksake what happened quartano there? take it you don't get money back for the hoor pulling out?