The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

football-4-life

keenes royal 6.50 !! wnt be beat!! its evens muni!!

sammymaguire

nice shout missed it though, must have drifted too
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

football-4-life

yes it did!! word straight from the stables!

Donnellys Hollow

John Gosden has given Jimmy Fortune the boot in favour for the 21 year-old William Buick?  :o

Crazy decision. Fortune's the most underrated flat jock in the business. I imagine there'll be plenty of demand for his services next summer. Ballydoyle/Coolmore had no problem giving him the ride on Rip Van Winkle when Murtagh was suspended.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

was told to follow the money on celtic sovereign in the 2pm at lingers
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bendurback

Got a tip this morning for New World Order 3.10 Lingfield. Price into 13/2 from tens.

sammymaguire

cheers bendy favourite too well in for mine  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mucksav

3.10 ascot strvansky dance, get on er lads

Lady GAA GAA

steviemac 10/1 leopardstown  :P

@3.05

charlieTully

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 05, 2009, 05:29:06 PM
I don't think I am being too harsh on him. He obviously has ability but he is fustratingly inconsistent and I doubt he'll run up to anywhere near this form for the rest of the season.

Remember last year when he came down two out in the Tingle Creek when still holding every chance, he went to Kempton over Christmas for the Desert Orchid Chase and he was sent off a well-backed jolly. He then went and planted himself at the start, only consented to take part after three or four attempts to line up and ran like a hairy goat against a field of moderate Grade 2 horses.

He'll probably be a short-price favourite next time out and I'd certainly want to be a layer if he was running against anything of note. Ruby won't be available for the Kempton race again this year. Do you think someone like Christian Williams or Nick Schofield would give this horse as tactically an astute a ride as Ruby gave him today?

care to review this?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: charlieTully on January 23, 2010, 05:29:12 PM
care to review this?

I stand by my opinion of him. I gave up on him a good while ago and the last two wins won't get me back on his side.

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 05, 2009, 05:29:06 PM
He'll probably be a short-price favourite next time out and I'd certainly want to be a layer if he was running against anything of note. Ruby won't be available for the Kempton race again this year. Do you think someone like Christian Williams or Nick Schofield would give this horse as tactically an astute a ride as Ruby gave him today?

This is the key point. I don't for a second doubt the horse has serious ability, but against proper Grade 1 two milers, I'd want to be against him. Apart from Well Chief (who isn't half the horse he was 5/6 years ago) nothing in that field yesterday could claim to be a top two miler. Oh Crick and Petit Robin are no more than useful handicappers.

Every horse has its price and if the race was run again tomorrow, 11/8 Twist Magic still wouldn't be my idea of a bet. If you backed him, congratulations and good luck to you if you play him again at Cheltenham. If he wins the Champion Chase I'll eat humble pie but I don't trust him to do it. Without Ruby on board, I think he'll spit the dummy out and down tools.

If Master Minded isn't back for March, the Arkle could well throw up a better horse than the QMCC. An Cathaoir Mor played another big compliment to Captain Cee Bee today.  ;)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

LINGFIELD
2.00 Sunrise Lyric
3.30 Law of the jungle
Both these are fancied today by connections  ;)

I am starting to reckon there is a jinx on here, INSTANT SHOT 2.10 is another one that I was told about and imoncloudnine e/way in the 3.50  ???

(jeez I give up) alleluia I hear you cry!  :-[
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Massey-135

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 27, 2010, 11:58:30 AM
LINGFIELD
2.00 Sunrise Lyric
3.30 Law of the jungle
Both these are fancied today by connections  ;)

right, i'm trusting you with my beer money for tonight

sammymaguire

broke even on one winner from four today, pretty shit to be honest
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

randomtask

anygood horses running at kempton tonite?