The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 26, 2009, 01:31:32 PM
Having a bit of a shocker so far. Omens for the day for bad when Rite Of Passage gets injured on the way to the racecourse!

Alaivan pulled hard early but the Gigginstown horse absolutely murdered him. Fair fcuks to Gordon Elliott.

Might have to get stuck into Kauto Star later to get out of trouble.

Does Imperial Commander have a chance or will he even finish the race ???

Treasurer

Go Native!!  Woohoo!!

Shame Capt CeeBee fell - looked set up for a storming finish.

Donnellys Hollow

Definitely the new Harchibald. Real slick jumper. Makes the injury to Hurricane Fly a right tragedy though considering how he belted him twice last year.

Real shame for Captain Cee Bee. He had Sizing Europe well covered IMO. Delighted with the 25s for the Arkle now though. Fosters Cross was well stuffed and he was the form line to the English novices.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Eazzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: orangeman on December 26, 2009, 03:13:12 PM
Eazzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

What a horse. Backed Alberta's Run myself but enver got into it and finished 6th.

You can't argue with Kauto. Massacred the opposition. 4 King Georges, 2 Gold Cups, a Tingle Creek. Pure pure class. If Denman gets to the Gold Cup looking right, what a race in prospect.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Truly awesome performance but it was probably the weakest of the 4 King Georges he has won in fairness. Can only beat what is put in front of him though and he did that with his head in his chest.

Nice performance from DK's in the bumper. Himself and Go Native have bailed me out big time today.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 26, 2009, 03:38:15 PM
Truly awesome performance but it was probably the weakest of the 4 King Georges he has won in fairness. Can only beat what is put in front of him though and he did that with his head in his chest.

Nice performance from DK's in the bumper. Himself and Go Native have bailed me out big time today.

On what basis do you say that Donnelly's Hollow?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

His only realistic challenger there was Imperial Commander and he was beat after the second fence. The likes of Nacarat, Barbers Shop and Madison Du Berlais are only good handicappers IMO.

Exotic Dancer/Our Vic/Racing Demon etc. used to give him a better race a few years ago. I know both Our Vic and Racing Demon were in the field today but they were capable of running up to a rating in the high 160s two or three years ago. We're blessed to have two class staying chasers in Denman and Kauto Star but beyond them there's a lot of mediocre horses running in the Grade 1s. Hopefully either Joncol or Cooldine will step up on Monday and offer a realistic e/w alternative.

DoYerJob Linesman

Had a great day today. £450 up and smiling.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Donnellys Hollow

Trappy looking card at Leopardstown tomorrow. I'll be keeping an eye out for Merchant Royal in the bumper. DK's did me a big favour today and I've heard good things about this fellow tomorrow. The market will be very informative as always.

Mille Chief/Riverside Theatre double should be popular at Kempton Park.

Probably won't be posting on here again till the New Year so I'll list out a few I hope to be following over the next few days:

Hugo De Vindecy (Could run in the Grade 3 novice hurdle at Limerick on Monday)
Pandorama (Knight Frank chase on Monday. Hopefully the 25/1 for the RSA will be looking even better!)
Dr Whizz (Should win a maiden hurdle for Tom Mullins over the next week)
Noble Prince (Woodies Hurdle on Monday. Wasn't at his best last time out but I suspect there were excuses)
Voler La Vedette (I suspect she'll run in the mares race on Tuesday where she'll be long odds on but she's good enough to win the Grade 1 against Solwhit, Sublimity, Jumbo Rio etc.)
Some Slam (Entered in the bumper on Tuesday. Bolted up at Listowel and that race has worked out very well. Could well be a Cheltenham bumper horse)

charlieTully

anyone fancy cooldine tommorow?

never kickt a ball

what about Hello Bud in tomorrow's Welsh Grand National after our esteemed board member?

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: charlieTully on December 27, 2009, 04:20:03 PM
anyone fancy cooldine tommorow?

when is he running and where?

any good tips for today anyone?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

sammymaguire

operation houdini and halcon generladis in the welsh national
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME