The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 28, 2009, 03:39:23 PM
What happened Jered? Was he well beat? I was waiting on him for a nice treble. Sick!

Just couldnt go by Finnegans Wake-In fairness Russell gave it a great ride.Jered should come on for the run. A length in it. Missed Takestan :'(
Anybody see the 1st at Haydock? Graham Lee has an awful lot to answer for.Don't like blaming jockeys cos I never sat on a horse in my life but he fucked up big time on the Favourite.

sammymaguire

I know its a shorty but WAKE UP CALL in the 6.50 Kempton is expected to win. V GOOD DAY ALL IN ALL ONLY CELTIC LET ME DOWN FOR ANOTHER £200  :'(

(Might also back the 1st 4 favs @ Kemp in a lucky 15)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Clown

were do u get ur info from Sammy?
Are u a pro- gambler?  :D

sammymaguire

Quote from: Clown on October 28, 2009, 05:07:33 PM
were do u get ur info from Sammy?
Are u a pro- gambler?  :D

no, but I do bet too much at times for my own liking.... not quite an addict! I have a good network of contacts in the racing world in both the UK and Ireland but there is alot of chit chat and loose talk which turns into "info" but turns out to be shite, difficult to pick out the good stuff all the time although its been good this past 3/4 weeks, tide always turns at some point  8)  8)  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Just back from Punchestown around a half an hour ago. I couldn't get over how small Jered was in the paddock so I didn't bother backing him in the end. It was no surprise to see him getting beat and I wouldn't lay any blame at McCoy's door. The horse simply had to expend too much energy getting over his fences because of his size and there was nothing left in the tank when McCoy went for him.

The novice hurdle turned into an absolute farce. The lack of pace played right into Sweeps Hill's hands. Some Present is bred to get further so I would expect him to turn that form around given a proper pace. I doubt either horse will get Dunguib off the bridle this year anyway. Shinrock Paddy hardly looked like a Supreme Novices contender either.

Always a great day when Ollie Brady has a winner though. He had the crowd eating out of his hand as usual.  :D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

First installment on the flat as most from Godolphin's yard are fancied 

2:10 Lingfield
EW Baila Me  @ 4/1 
  2:40 Lingfield
EW Russian Empress @ 20/1 (Fallon factor)

3:10
SIROCCO BREEZE @ 7/4 (is fancied alot)
  4:10 Lingfield
Padmini @ 11/8

e/w treble on Dettori should prove profitable today 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

if you backed Frankie in the last at Lingers  ;) Gobejolly should also be worth a couple of quid Newc 2.30

oh and Todber in the 5.30 Wolv which is even money
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

boojangles

Four Timer for Frankie on his 20th Anniversary in racing.

randomtask

sammy maguire you have some tips, keep them coming ;)

sammymaguire

Quote from: randomtask on October 29, 2009, 08:04:55 PM
sammy maguire you have some tips, keep them coming ;)

cheers fella - nothing guaranteed though  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: boojangles on October 29, 2009, 04:16:58 PM
Four Timer for Frankie on his 20th Anniversary in racing.

Boo, it was the 20th anniversary of all-weather racing in the UK not frankie's 20th year! still some achievement to pick up 4 winners in a day

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Oak Leafer

Well Sammy...any picks today??!!

sammymaguire

I could not get on in time for Asraab but I was told this thing was in with a major shout in the first race of the day, 6/4 bit short in a 16 runner race though. But was also told there were some doubts over Quick Wit  ??? and it just won...  >:(

6:20 Wolverhampton
May Parkin @ 9/5 
  6:50 Wolverhampton
Red Suede Shoes @ 3/1

should be a good e/w double (thats all for now)

Emerson Breeze, Avanti Albert and Way West all @ Dundalk later, g/l if you have a go...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

bad day yesterday compounded by Daryl Byrne falling off Emerson Breeze in the last at Dundalk last night when travelling well with 2 furlongs to go  ::)

1:05 Ayr
Well Deal Again  @ 7/2 
  1:50 Ascot
Gone To Lunch @ 14/1 
  2:40 Naas
River Liane   
  2:55 Wetherby
Tamarinbleu  @ 9/4 
  3:00 Ascot
Micheal Flips  @ 5/2 
  3:10 Newmarket
Thrill @ 5/1 

3:15 Naas
Silver Jaro  @ 11/1

only been told that Thrill will run well in a competitive affair at Newmarket, all others are fancies that should run good races
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Looking at the market for the next at Naas, O'Grady must have Tranquil Sea back to his best. Could be well in in receipt of weight all round. Worth a few bob methinks.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?