The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clown

2nd day in a row Richard Johnson has lost on an odds on shot
1/4 yesterday and 4/9 today, not even placed

It was the supposed 'banker' in my yankee with the other 3 winning!!!

sammymaguire

Invincible Lad 3.40 & Super Formen 4.50 a good each way double today
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

boojangles

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

boojangles

Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 22, 2009, 09:16:16 PM
Good call mister boo

Hope ya were on? It was a local trainer from Cavan who trains it.TBH I was gonna say to do a double on both his runners tonight but didnt. His other runner Royal Intruder won the 650 at 11/2. Would have been a nice double.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Donnellys Hollow

laceer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 23, 2009, 05:37:27 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 23, 2009, 02:57:47 PM
5:30 Ayr - Slapper (e/w)

Feckin mule wouldn't load into the stalls

Right lads, I don't bet on horses too often, but I stuck a few quid each way on this one because it was payday

What happens with my bet - is that counted as a non runner? Don't want to look like a tool going in asking in the bookies

Donnellys Hollow

You'll get refunded. Horse wasn't under starters orders.

laceer

Lady GAA GAA

St N Abbey v impressive there :o

The Watcher Pat

St Nicholas Abbey......Stunning...Derby winner next year..Wish i had have backed him before this race.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Hardy

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 19, 2009, 06:36:43 PM
I see most firms have priced up St Nicholas Abbey at 9/4 for the Racing Post Trophy at Doncaster next Saturday. I think that price is an absolute gift from the gods and the horse will go off odds on. I've already tipped this horse up for next year's Derby when he was freely available at double figure odds (see page 180).

The Dewhurst proved yet again that the English 2yo colts are muck this year and I've a feeling that Ballydoyle will clean up in the classics next year. I'm more of a NH man myself but I'm very happy to have antepost slips on both Steinbeck (2000 Guineas) and St Nicholas Abbey (Epsom Derby) facing into the winter. There'll be no Sea The Stars standing in Aidan's way next year no matter how much money Sheikh Mohammed throws at Jim Bolger and Kevin Prendergast for their 2yos!

;D ;D

He looks an absolute machine. Showed an incredible turn of foot for a Montjeu off a slow gallop over a mile. What price for the triple crown next year?!