The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossie mad

Your an absolute legend. im up 300 today. thanx sammy. you should never be questioned ;)

sammymaguire

;D  ;D  ;D cheers rossie, a fiver double would have returned £200 and I never done the double cos one if not both ALWAYS lets me down :'(  :'(  :'(

got a little word on red suede shoes too at kempton
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lecale2

Im going with Red Shoes in the 5.50 Sammy. Hope you're on form.

sammymaguire

sorry about that one yest, was outpaced throughout after a slow break; some late ones here (all fancies)

Goodwood 4.30 Rockfella solid e/w 5/1

Ayr 4.40 The Bear, if there is market interest from 20's it could be worth backing

4.55 Bounty Box/Sea of Leaves, I fancy a r/f in this one as an interest bet

Sligo 5.05 Supreme Dick has an eye-catching jockey today and is well in on the weights 7/1

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Mastercraftsman is declared for the Breeders Cup trial at Dunkalk (8:30) tomorrow night. Surely the classiest animal to run on the AW by a long distance?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Cracking weekends racing in store both on the flat and over jumps. Here's my selections:

Saturday

Goldikova 2:40 Longchamp - The best miler in the world. 7F should be no problem for her. One lock for the multiples.

War Of Attrition 4:25 Gowran - Not the horse he was 3 or 4 years ago but still good enough to beat these. Excellent record when fresh.

China Rock 5:25 Gowran - Fourth in last year's Ballymore at Cheltenham only beaten a few lengths by Mikael D'Haguenet. Always looked like he'd make a better chaser. Should be straightforward against this opposition provided he jumps round.

Sunday

Rosanara 1:20 Longchamp - The French banker of the weekend at Longchamp. Daughter of Sinndar who has only won a maiden around Longchamp. Zarkava had a similar prep before winning this same race two years ago for the same connections.

Chinese White 2:30 Longchamp - Has been in sparkling form so far this season for DK Weld. Faster ground shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience. She should be a nice e/w price on the PMU.

Sea The Stars 3:15 Longchamp - Sit back and enjoy watching the greatest turf horse we're likely to see in many a long year do his thing. Holds the entire field on all the form figures. Could even be a backable price on the PMU if the French take him on with Cavalryman, Vision D'Etat or Stacelita.

Loosen My Load 4:55 Tipp - Horse with a huge reputation from Henry De Bromhead's yard in Waterford. Impressive in his two bumpers and won his maiden hurdle well at Listowel. Won't have things all his own way against the much more experienced Fosters Cross but they've been mentioning the Ballymore at Cheltenham for this horse and he should be beating him if he's that good.

sammymaguire

cheers fella good luck with those selections, surely plenty of winners there.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

YogiBear

Artic at 9/2 in the 3.05 at Newmarket is my bet of the day.

Donnellys Hollow

He looks a smashing 2yo that Artic. The English will underrate him as well because he's not from one of the fashionable Irish yards. Its only the quicker ground today that puts me off him. It was bottomless at the Curragh when he hammered Air Chief Marshal and I'm not sure he'll be as effective on fast ground. One to keep an eye on with a view to the Guineas next year.

I'm disappointed the new owner has jocked off Pat Shanahan for Smullen though. I don't think Con Collins would have stood for it. The money in flat racing would really sicken your hole. I heard earlier in the week from a lad at Airlie Stud that Godolphin have bought Kingsfort and he'll be trained as a 3yo by Bin Suroor rather than Kevin Prendergast. There's another potentially great horse ruined.

sammymaguire

unlucky yesterday Yogi, not to be for Arctic... DH, your treble today looks very appealing and for £10 you'll get £88 back from PP

I'm also sticking with an e/w bet on SWOP in the Cambridgeshire @ 14/1, Sirvino nb

Arizona John / Mountain Cat r/f in the 2.40 Redcar
Brief Encounter 3.40 Newmarket
Fort George 3.50 Gowran
Nudge and Nurdle Fontwell 4.40
Hawkeyethenoo Redcar 5.05
Meet the Legend Fontwell 5.15
Baltimore Jack Redcar 5.40

have a good Saturday lads + lasses
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

6.45wolv NEVER THE WAITER been told this WILL should win  ;) now 9/4
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Curious ride by Peslier (jockey I really rate). Clearly went a suicidal pace. Can't see why he wanted to be on the sharp end of the pace if the Breeders Cup Mile is the target. Feckin French!

Got to pin my hopes on the Mouse Morris double now. Managed to get on at even money about China Rock this morning. WOA drifting slightly even though Watson Lake and One Cool Cokie are NRs. That 9/4 could look very generous come twenty to five.

boojangles

Goldikova beaten,thats it.I give up.

Donnellys Hollow

What a hideous days punting!  :-\

Sure we'll go again tomorrow

souljaboy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 03, 2009, 05:35:19 PM
What a hideous days punting!  :-\

Sure we'll go again tomorrow

hard days punting alright, can see sea the stars being alot of peoples get out of jail card for the weekend
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie