The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Can you fecking beleive it!! >:(

Carmen Stateside

Doogie Browser

Was going to put a bet on but Paddypower.com had no form or info about the runners - thank f**k!

DrinkingHarp

I can't wait to see the superfecta payout has to be about 100,000.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Carmen Stateside

I had a trifecta done yesterday with this mornings scratch on it? What happens ,is it money back?

DrinkingHarp

Carmen you will get your money back

$2 bet on these you get

win 103

exacta 2074

trifecta 44,000

superfecta 540,000+

nice payouts, none for me

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on May 02, 2009, 11:54:29 PM
Carmen you will get your money back

$2 bet on these you get

win 103

exacta 2074

trifecta 44,000

superfecta 540,000+

nice payouts, none for me

Not it all  >:( :D

DrinkingHarp

The owner paid 9,500 for the winner compared to some of these other horse that cost up to 2 or 3 million.

The trainer has a broken ankle and drove his own pickup truck with the horse trailer 21 hours to get to the race.

Its nice to see the little guy stand up to the big horse corporations and take them down, this will be a movie.

Tyrones own

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on May 03, 2009, 12:02:48 AM
The owner paid 9,500 for the winner compared to some of these other horse that cost up to 2 or 3 million.

The trainer has a broken ankle and drove his own pickup truck with the horse trailer 21 hours to get to the race.

Its nice to see the little guy stand up to the big horse corporations and take them down, this will be a movie.

He was fair abrupt in the interview afterwards, thought it a bit smug at the time but on second thoughts, fair play to him
coming from nothing and out of nowhere to win it like that.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

milltown row

at Down Royal today, great days craic no winners, plenty of gaels there today

Our Nail Loney

I really really don't like flat racing.

milltown row

Nail did you watch the race at Down Royal when Persian Gift (i think) held on to beat Clarkey by a nose? everyone in the stand and at the post thought Clarkey won. 

we all had a few quid on him at 4/1!!! but sure plenty at the meeting considering the weather

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

rossie mad

national hunt would no doubt be my preference but i have to say flat racing isnt bad.

It has a more upper class clientele agreed but you have to admire some of its stalwarts like aidan o brien,john oxx,bolger,godolphin,gosden and jockies like frankie,murtagh,manning,kinnane,spencer.

in my eyes great sportsmen and its a level of horseracing that the irish are more or less number one at.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: milltown row on May 05, 2009, 09:33:37 PM
Nail did you watch the race at Down Royal when Persian Gift (i think) held on to beat Clarkey by a nose? everyone in the stand and at the post thought Clarkey won. 

we all had a few quid on him at 4/1!!! but sure plenty at the meeting considering the weather

Persian City it was milltown, and I will tell you what, everyone in my bookies, myself included, thought that Clarkey had got the race! t give out there was a photo fiish but all the punters with Persian backed threw their dockets away, it was only a wee while after I looked at the results page and thought what the f**k?!?! The punters couldnt believe their luck when I told them to collect on Persian!!

Maybe if Ruby wasn't on the hot fave?? Who knows!