The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: the milkman on December 24, 2008, 02:24:49 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 24, 2008, 02:22:52 PM
You are in for it if this doesnt come in milkman

Your one to talk about bookie tips!!!

Sure I make up tips to get money for the bookies, ask man in black, he knows.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Stran Millis 17/1 on betfair, 6/4 to be placed. Our dreams of a 100/1 winner to fund the post-Christmas celebrations are shattered I think.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bigfrank

Betfair odds changed regularly,horse can be backed at 20/1 now.Favouriet around 13/8

Below is the link to the race on betfair,just select the 12.20 huntington on the page!!

http://horseracing.betfair.com/

Onlooker

Stran Millis does have a bit of Point to Point form.  In May, 2007, he won in Necarne and the previous week he was 3rd in Taylorstown.   He did not run again until last October in Bangor.   It is hard to see him paying for the exps. for the New Year!!.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 22, 2008, 05:25:44 PM
Quote from: boojangles on December 22, 2008, 04:41:32 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 22, 2008, 04:22:22 PM
After doubling Kauto with Binocular on saturday, the horse is either going to make or break my christmas.
What do u lads think? will he win?
You have Binocular from last Saturday I presume.I think its gonna win.11/8 is just too big.Kauto is a stone better on ratings when running right handed(like Kempton) He is going for 3-in a row and Nicholls will be mad to win this after failing in a lot of the big races so far this season.Ruby is back on top and I have never seen Kauto run 2 bad races in a row.
Look at the opposition and I cant see anything that can take it on if Kauto gets in its stride.Im a wee bit worried about ImperiaL Commander,he could improve again and has been supported but this should be a step too far.Poor Exotic Dancer altho I would love to see him do it,seems to be gettin further away.Voy Por Ustedes is hit and miss(has it run since beating Master Minded at Aintree?) but you couldnt be confident on it.Air Force One is a good horse but still has a bit to find.
I suppose if only it was that simple we'd all be at it.I doubled Kauto last Stephens Day with Harchibald in the Xmas Hurdle but that p***k Carberry let me down as usual.Not making the same mistake this year.A big Singles bet on Kauto Star at 11/8.HAPPY xMAS.

I think Exotic Dancer is swerving the King George in favour of the Lexus at leopardstown a few days later
Barry Simpson, racing manager to owner Sir Robert Ogden, said: "Voy Por Ustedes is a definite runner but at this stage I'm favouring the Lexus Chase for Exotic Dancer, but we will probably keep him in at the 48-hour declaration stage because you never know what can happen with the weather, and we still have to make travel arrangements, the only day he can travel apparently is Tuesday, so we need to get things moving.

"I'm convinced Exotic Dancer is better going left handed, he's not won at Kempton before and I think the Lexus would be a better race for him."

As fir Voy Por, it has had one run back in October, the Old Roan at Aintree, where it was beat by Knowhere, came fourth in the race behind Exotic Dancer and Snoopy Loopy also... Was top weight in this race though and but for a bad mistake two out could have won the race. Though I think the horse is more suited by two and a half (beat Master Minded at Aintree over this distance) rather than the three miles at Kempton.

I think Kauto will take all the beating, as long as the tough Kempton fences don't get him... I will be investing my money on him completing the hat trick this year, think Tidal Bay, last years Arkle winner, will chase him home...

Tidal Bay now runing at Wetherby instead of the King George...

Denman had an entry over hurdles over christmas, but Nicholls isn't running him. Don't be surprised to see him shortly though.

Horse I have backed a few times running at the Maze St Stephens Day, Agus A Vic it is called, fella from Camlough or Bessbrook McKeown riding it, won me a couple times so owes me nothing will probably back it again.

Punjabi looks good for the hurdle race.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on December 24, 2008, 08:48:12 PM
Our Nail, why do I get the feeling that St. Stephen's day is your Christmas day? I bet you get up at about half 4 on the 26th 'cos you're dead excited. :D

I have been sitting with the Irisih News from about five o clock and still only about half way through the racing!! Then I will have to get on the computer tomorrow after dinner to check out the proper race cards, form an all!!

Eleven meetings, ya cant beat that with a big stick.

Saying that it is a f**king disaster trying to get eleven cards, with form, up on the walls of the bookies on St Stephens morning!!

Though the immense satisfaction when you fit them all in (Inc some hanging from the doors, roof etc) is great!

Mac hinery

I'll be doing Dunkelly Castle EW in that 12.20  Agus a vic on the shortlist too

bigfrank

Stran Mills 66/1,has all our xmas's come at once lol:):)Anyone other than me goin to back it??Thinkin bout tellin a few of my friends in the attempt to go down to folklore for saving xmas for all man kind!!! ;D ;D ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just backed at 50s with some of my free bets for joining Boylesports.

Here's hoping!

ONeill

£1 EW bigfrank at 66. If this doesn't come up, I'm depending on Utd beating Stoke 4-3. Milling Day usually has some big scores.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

12 20 huntingdon. I don;t think he's running ya know. Just since it at 270/1 on betfair and stuck a couple of quid on. But as I was placing the bet I realised he's probably at that price because he's been withdrawn.

tyrone86

Out to 100/1 on ladbrokes. It's still running Tac

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tyrone86 on December 26, 2008, 12:17:15 PM
Out to 100/1 on ladbrokes. It's still running Tac

100/1 - it must have the appearance of Eeyore being saddled by Rick Weller.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

3rd last at the minute. "Losing touch" according to the commentator.