The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

He'll be a 9yo in five days time. If he's not winning it in 2017, he'll find it difficult to ever win one.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 26, 2016, 08:51:34 PM
He'll be a 9yo in five days time. If he's not winning it in 2017, he'll find it difficult to ever win one.

Fair point but I think he's an exception . i think he could win it as a 10 and 11 year old. But definitely not older.

I think it's this year or next year. I didn't realise he was 9 next week. thought he was just gone 8

beer baron

Don Cossack retired  :( Looking like a weak Gold Cup.

screenexile

Quote from: beer baron on January 11, 2017, 11:11:27 AM
Don Cossack retired  :( Looking like a weak Gold Cup.

A bad sign when the favourite for a race like this is at evens!!

BennyHarp

Backed Many Clouds today each way. What a heroic effort to beat Thistlecrack. Such a tragic ending! RIP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/racing/2017/01/28/many-clouds-former-grand-national-winner-dies-beating-thistlecrack/
That was never a square ball!!

beer baron

Faugheen  and Min to miss Cheltenham, Altior a penalty kick for the arkle now and the Champion hurdle will be won by a handicapper.

Donnellys Hollow

It's a shame we'll probably never get to see just how good Faugheen is.

He is one of the best horses I've ever seen but we've been robbed of his prime. The way he pulverised Arctic Fire and Nicholls Canyon at Leopardstown was freakish.

Altior could potentially have to fave Yorkhill now who shapes as if he'd benefit from an end to end two mile gallop.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 06, 2017, 05:43:36 PM

He is one of the best horses I've ever seen but we've been robbed of his prime. The way he pulverised Arctic Fire and Nicholls Canyon at Leopardstown was freakish.

Altior could potentially have to fave Yorkhill now who shapes as if he'd benefit from an end to end two mile gallop.

Why are these horses so fragile? Coupled with Ruby's last flight falls they are not blessed with heaps of luck. Will Annie Power see Cheltenham?

beer baron

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 06, 2017, 06:59:02 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 06, 2017, 05:43:36 PM

Why are these horses so fragile? Coupled with Ruby's last flight falls they are not blessed with heaps of luck. Will Annie Power see Cheltenham?

Nope she's ruled out too. I think Brain Power will win the Champion hurdle  :o 
Any chance they'd send Yorkhill back hurdling DH or will Vroum Vroum get entered? I'd be against her if she does, looks to have regressed this year.

Donnellys Hollow

Every chance Vroom Vroom Mag will be rerouted. Ricci already has Limini for the Mares Hurdle. I wouldn't read too much into the Doncaster race. It's a curious NH track and it's rare to see a horse win by far around there. She'd have a chance if she returned to her Punchestown form of last Spring.

I'd be keeping Yorkhill over fences if he were mine. It's hard to see a Presenting win a Champion Hurdle but if ever there was a weak enough year for it to happen, this is it.

never kickt a ball

Vatour, Annie Power, Faugheen, Killlultagh Vic, Min and all the Gigginstown horses. Yet Willie is still dominating the run up to Cheltenham

Donnellys Hollow

Long term Willie will do fine without Gigginstown. All of the empty boxes were filled within weeks. The man is a genius and he has surrounded himself with the best. Walsh is the best rider we're ever likely to see with Townend as a more than able deputy. Harold Kirk has a great eye for young stock and he has serious connections.

maddog

thistlecrack out of gold cup with tendon injury. Wide open this year.

Donnellys Hollow

The two highest rated hurdlers in training out of the Champion Hurdle and the highest rated staying chaser along with the two previous winners out of the Gold Cup.  :'(

Not a vintage year.

beer baron

Gold Cup going to be won by some animal at double figure prices i suspect, Champagne West of De Bromhead's that has learnt to jump like a buck since going to him(no surprise) could be one to spring a shock but hard to rule out anything really.