The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

I would think the Maroon and White would be hard to deal with .

mouview

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 29, 2016, 12:01:39 AM
O'leary is a very hard man to warm to, near billionaire fighting with millionaire over money just pisses me off.
Mullins is even harder; doesn't help having that dipstick Ruby as stable jock.

Donnellys Hollow

Aidan O'Brien. What more can you say?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Two Hands FFS

Awful news about Vautour.  :'(  :'(

Mickey Linden

Awful sad news. Vatour was my fav horse in training. Losing avant tout today as well. This with the news of freddi tyleki shows how tough this game is, if ever we needed reminding!

charlieTully

thats terrible news, superstar. festival banker.

Donnellys Hollow

It always seems to be the good ones although the Freddie Tylicki news does put it into perspective.

https://www.gofundme.com/freddie-tylicki

drici

The course commentary was only marginally louder than the crowd singing during the last (9-00pm) there now.

1st  8 Song Of Love (IRE)  12/1
2nd  6 Zanjabeel  14/1
3rd  1 Brokopondo (IRE)  11/2

Winning Trainer
J O'Brien

Winning Jockey
D O'Brien

bannside

Singing Celtic songs for a full hour.

Mickey Linden

What was going on? I thought I was hearing things

beer baron

Thistlecrack goes for the King George, looks like we might have a race on our hands afterall.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on December 19, 2016, 12:13:52 PM
Thistlecrack goes for the King George, looks like we might have a race on our hands afterall.

Hats off to the Tizzards.

INDIANA

He's a bull of a horse. Kempton is a flat track though

Donnellys Hollow

A horse who gets 3 miles over hurdles at Cheltenham should have no trouble getting 3m2 over fences there. Generally horses stay a little bit further over fences because they're going that gear slower. I'd like to see him settling a bit more to be taking even money for a Gold Cup particularly if he has a galloper like Coneygree taking him on down the back on the second circuit but it's only a minor criticism. To win a King George as a novice on only his fourth chase start (the first since the great Captain Christy) is a credit to his trainer. Most connections would be satisfied to mop up the Stayers Hurdle for a few years and it would have been easy to have a nice leisurely school round in the Feltham instead today.

I'd pay good money to see a match between Thistlecrack and Douvan over 2m4 in the Melling at Liverpool.

INDIANA

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 26, 2016, 07:05:40 PM
A horse who gets 3 miles over hurdles at Cheltenham should have no trouble getting 3m2 over fences there. Generally horses stay a little bit further over fences because they're going that gear slower. I'd like to see him settling a bit more to be taking even money for a Gold Cup particularly if he has a galloper like Coneygree taking him on down the back on the second circuit but it's only a minor criticism. To win a King George as a novice on only his fourth chase start (the first since the great Captain Christy) is a credit to his trainer. Most connections would be satisfied to mop up the Stayers Hurdle for a few years and it would have been easy to have a nice leisurely school round in the Feltham instead today.

I'd pay good money to see a match between Thistlecrack and Douvan over 2m4 in the Melling at Liverpool.

Thistlecrack would eat him in my opinion

He reminds me of Sea the Stars equivalent over fences.

A handsome, tank of a horse with the power of a thoroughbred.

He's a special horse - just not sure he'll win it this year.

But he'll win two or maybe even three Gold Cups at least