The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Anyone fancy Abby Lane? I need a winner here :-\

winsamsoon

Sick now after that, walked into the bookies was going to do a horse, got talking and was late for work< ruby sluices up on a 25/1 shot, was worth a fiver ew with mullins team flying.shite.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Nicked a bit of 20s about Texas Jack for the Jewson immediately after the RSA. Finished in a line at Leopardstown with Boston Bob and the first and second home in the RSA. Should hopefully outrun that price, generally 10s this evening.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

beer baron

Was just going to say something similar,only got 11's myself but hoping he goes close,the form from his last race looks good after today.Hoping Carberry's fit to ride!

Armaghgael

Pont Alexandre cost me a sizable treble! :'(
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Lecale2

Whta happened Carberry today?

beer baron

Quote from: Lecale2 on March 13, 2013, 07:43:21 PM
Whta happened Carberry today?

Fell off Maes choice in the Mares race yday,dunno how badly hurt he was   but he wasn't available for his rides today

Donnellys Hollow

The greatest I have seen in the flesh. Simply majestic.

I can't wait to see him at Punchestown next month.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ardchieftain

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 13, 2013, 06:37:50 PM
Nicked a bit of 20s about Texas Jack for the Jewson immediately after the RSA. Finished in a line at Leopardstown with Boston Bob and the first and second home in the RSA. Should hopefully outrun that price, generally 10s this evening.

Think he has an excellent chance too.

Has the ground gone against Bog warrior? Is First Lieutenant in the wrong race? Not convinced by him over this shorter trip; Swaying towards Champion Court

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardchieftain on March 13, 2013, 10:30:10 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 13, 2013, 06:37:50 PM

Think he has an excellent chance too.

Has the ground gone against Bog warrior? Is First Lieutenant in the wrong race? Not convinced by him over this shorter trip; Swaying towards Champion Court

I like Get Me Out Of Here and For Non Stop at each way prices in the big two tomorrow.

AZOffaly

Any fancies today lads? Haven't had a bet so far and I'm going to run out to my firendly Bambury's at lunch.

Onlooker

First Lieutenant for me and an each way chance for Bog Warrior.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I think the ground has gone against Bog Warrior. Nichols was fairly bullish on the preview circuit about how well handicapped Sam Winner is for the pertemps.

Hardy

I fancy Dynaste in a big way. No great insight there - he's roaring favourite. Texas Jack's chances got a great boost from yesterday's RSA outcome, but I watched a clatter of videos last night and I think Dynaste is a class above everything else in the race, plus he's proved he can handle the track. Banker of the day for me. Saver on Texas Jack.

I've swung round to Oscar Whisky in the World Hurdle, with the improving conditions. Again, he's the class in the race, has the course form and he performs in all sorts of ground.

Handicap mark aside, I can't understand the optimism of the Nicholls yard for Sam Winner. I don't know what he's doing at home, but he hasn't done anything on a racecourse to suggest he can go anywhere near getting this trip. That said, I can't suggest the winner of this.

I've done a small e.w. yankee for fun, mostly trading on Mullins's form - Marito, So Young, Hunt Ball, Vesper Bell.

Hardy